Two things that just helped up with constipation

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Laura Croft, 8 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    Oh the things we post.

Now first of all, disclaimer. I started back on the Movicol last night so I know that has helped, and have upped my warm water intake (easier to drink as I've got a sore throat) but I found this info about massages.

I've got no idea if it's true but let's just say it seemed to work for me :)

Abdominal Massage for Constipation

The other thing that helped is that it's really easy to lean forward but I realised that puts pressure on my abdomen. I discovered leaning backwards a bit also really helped.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wales

Wales Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I also agree that abdominal massage can really help - I have had a couple in the past and they certainly do the trick.

I have also found that peppermint tea has helped me recently.

4. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    black coffee for me!

5. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The massage does help I was taught how to do it to my DD when she was a baby....boy did it work!:p

6. Stellap

Stellap Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(29.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    This might seem a very odd thing to do but ever since I had gallstones and suffered abominably with constipation and not wanting to take medication, I have found having a really good sing when you are on the toilet to shift things into gear. Apparently when you sing the diaphragm squeezes everthing encouraging movement. Try it, you've got nothing to lose. Try to sing deep from the chest rather from the throat!!

7. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    Err thanks for that tip Stella! :) Exercise also helps, as I was reminded today.

8. Klev

Klev Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(36.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Walking around the block does the trick for me normally :) and a bit selfmassage while on the toilet :$

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.