Two things that just helped up with constipation

Laura Croft

Happily maintaining
Oh the things we post.

Now first of all, disclaimer. I started back on the Movicol last night so I know that has helped, and have upped my warm water intake (easier to drink as I've got a sore throat) but I found this info about massages.

I've got no idea if it's true but let's just say it seemed to work for me :)

Abdominal Massage for Constipation

The other thing that helped is that it's really easy to lean forward but I realised that puts pressure on my abdomen. I discovered leaning backwards a bit also really helped.

I also agree that abdominal massage can really help - I have had a couple in the past and they certainly do the trick.

I have also found that peppermint tea has helped me recently.

This might seem a very odd thing to do but ever since I had gallstones and suffered abominably with constipation and not wanting to take medication, I have found having a really good sing when you are on the toilet to shift things into gear. Apparently when you sing the diaphragm squeezes everthing encouraging movement. Try it, you've got nothing to lose. Try to sing deep from the chest rather from the throat!!

Walking around the block does the trick for me normally :) and a bit selfmassage while on the toilet :$

Back