Ugh - what an AWFUL dinner!!!

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Well....it's official. I have gone off Thai Crisps. :jelous:I think last weeken when I was so ill, the last thing I had was them, and now they just don;t sit right, or smell right or taste right. So - I turned them in to croutons and crumbled them in to my mushroom soup. It was a far better alternative. lol I couldn;t eat another one!! How very strange - as they were my favourite thing!! LOL Oh well - a little time away and maybe they will taste good again.

And as for the soup - well....thats another matter!!

I got my Psyllium husks in the post today, so happily added a nice big spoonfull to my FIRST packet of mushroom soup thinking it would thicken it. And then, I grabbed my stick blended, and turned the entire bowl into a mass of globulous, disgusting, snot like soup. (Sorry!! But its true!!!) I tried to thin it, as I didn;t want to waste a packet. but there was NO WAY that was crossing my pallette!!! Oh my!! It was HORRIFIC!!! LOL

So - I think I need to reread the thread of ideas of husks again!! Of course, now I remember, I think, I should not have used stick blender!!!

So. What a poo-pah meal. :(:D

Good thing I was not really hungery. Going to see how badly I can ruin lemon cookies next!!! HAHAHAHA

Hope you all had a better meal then me!!!! :D

Oops don't sound too good at all :(

Well I'm happily sat here with 2 very large thai crisps (still mmmmm for me) and a mushroom soup. Hubby's due in at 11 so I'll have my choc covered peanut crunch bar and chocolates when he comes in :)

I got my Psyllium husks in the post today, so happily added a nice big spoonfull to my FIRST packet of mushroom soup thinking it would thicken it. And then, I grabbed my stick blended, and turned the entire bowl into a mass of globulous, disgusting, snot like soup. (Sorry!! But its true!!!) I tried to thin it, as I didn;t want to waste a packet. but there was NO WAY that was crossing my pallette!!! Oh my!! It was HORRIFIC!!! LOL

So - I think I need to reread the thread of ideas of husks again!! Of course, now I remember, I think, I should not have used stick blender!!!

I got some today in town, I just mixed 2 spoons in a glass of water like it said on my tub.
By the time I had glugged half the glass it had got too thick so added more water.
It is not nice stuff (doesn't taste of much but is bitty and gloopy and gag inducing, but for the sake of my poor tum I will bear it twice a day until I can eat sufficient amounts of food to get things moving again.
I don't think I will attempt to add it to anything as it will make it minging.
I would say BL, just glug it back in a glass of water and wash it down with another.

Well if it wasn't for those husks I think I would have crashed and burned by now. I make up a shake or soup with 300 mls of hot water. Don't use boiling cos then it goes snotty. Whizz with the stick blender, then whisk in with a fork 2 heaped teaspoons of husk. Sometimes 2 1/2. Wait a minute then stir. Brill! I now have sweet porridge if I add 2 sweeteners, or a thick leek and potato soup. A teaspoon in cold drinks just whizzed in altogether makes a thick shake. When I run out I am buying more!!!! Ahh, fyi, or tmi, it really does work on the bowels - a decent poo at last!

sweet porridge huh?
hmm, I like the sound of that.
I could try it with a vanilla for brekkie and see how I go.

I am glad it has worked for you, that is very encouraging.

Thanks for the tip

Never tried the husks. At the moment I'm happy with the Movicol - it's got things moving nicely LOL

Well if it wasn't for those husks I think I would have crashed and burned by now. I make up a shake or soup with 300 mls of hot water. Don't use boiling cos then it goes snotty. Whizz with the stick blender, then whisk in with a fork 2 heaped teaspoons of husk. Sometimes 2 1/2. Wait a minute then stir. Brill! I now have sweet porridge if I add 2 sweeteners, or a thick leek and potato soup. A teaspoon in cold drinks just whizzed in altogether makes a thick shake. When I run out I am buying more!!!! Ahh, fyi, or tmi, it really does work on the bowels - a decent poo at last!

Thanks for that. I decided to try that rathar then my lemon bar as I am anxious to get things moving even better ;)

That was an improvement to earlier - but so would road tar have been! It's still a weeee bit gloopy, but tolerable. I did fin it quite gritty though....is that normal or perhaps this particular brand. Felt as if it had some fine sand in it! lol

But definatly better then earlier.

I don;t think I oculd stomach just chucking it back in a glass of water.

Have you ever put it in muffins?

THanks again!!

X

Sorry girls just made me laugh thinking about the snotty soup. Well for me the positive thing is I dont have that problem at the moment which I am glad as by the sounds of it I dont think I would cope with the husks.

Hope you all get moving shorthly.:D

Thanks Dancine - it was awful awful AWFUL. LOL Just thinking aoubt it now honestly sent a shiver up my spine!! lol

When you say in cold drinks, do you mean in shakes? ANd do yo just stir them in after you lend them?

I think the blender helped make it the horrible consistancy?

Thanks!!

x

LOL -thanks Dancing. I'll be the guinea pig!

Despite the error in the first instance, I did make porridge....and can I just say - I have a VERY happy bum this morning!! Talk about a quick fix....I was the most normal I have been on the diet yet.

Worked a treat - far better the duloclax ever has - so that is it for me - a couple teaspoons a day!

I think you are probably right - it probably is that I used boilimg water as just hot water was not so bad. It was close - you could tell it wanted to gloop but it didn;t. I think in the shakes is the way forward!! :)

Sorry, but I tried the porridge and thought I was going to yak.
I got it down me but now I feel sick.
I am going to stick to necking it in a glass of water in future, at least it is done and out the way and I don't waste half a pack on it.
Thanks anyway.
Haven't seen any effects yet, but then I only had my first lot yesterday teatime.

It seems that (so far at least) I am fortunate not to have had to resort to those husks! You poor poor things!

Thought I'd just share with you my worst lighter life meal. In my first week I confused a thai chilli pack with a caramel one. The result was Thai Chilli Coffee! *vomit*

It seems that (so far at least) I am fortunate not to have had to resort to those husks! You poor poor things!

Thought I'd just share with you my worst lighter life meal. In my first week I confused a thai chilli pack with a caramel one. The result was Thai Chilli Coffee! *vomit*

ROFL!!!! Oh how horrible!!! BUt funny!!! :)

PMSL!!!! The chilli soup is an acquired taste at the best of times lol!

Yoohoo BL!

I can't find it but somewhere you mention putting these husks into a muffin.
Do I need extra water?
And does it really still taste ok?
Ta :D

Hi ALi

Yes, I put about 2 rounded teaspoons in....and I did add extra water. I cooked for 1 min 40 seconds and I fetlt hat was too long. The husks will dry out the mix a bit, so maybe 10 seconds off and then carefully until you get it as dense as you want it.

It was pretty good!! Made a taller muffin, and it was like a bran muffin. But it was very chewy - a lot of work!! LOL Thats why I think a little less time cooking, making it a softer muffing might be better.

Going to be experimenting, but tis a way to get them down without the gloop!!

Hope that helps!!

XX

Back