unsupportive weightwatchers leaders.

jan87

ok so heres the thing, after weighing in the week before last i got my silver seven, ok then last week i put on half a pound and thats fine, i wasnt surprised. but the leader was appauling. instead of being anyway supportive, she turned to me, looked at me like a baby, and said "awh thats a pity isnt it". in all fairness, surely at ten euro a go, a few motivating words wouldnt go a miss. needless to say im not returning as im a student who really could do with the extra few quid for bills. has anyone else experienced these problems? ive started back today on my own accord and im going to attempt it on my own.

wish me luck!

week 1 13'10
week 2
week 3
week 4
week 5
week 6 13 Goal 1
week 7
week 8
week 9
week 10 12'6 Goal 2
week 11
week 12
week 13 12 Goal 3
week 14
week 15
week 16 11'7 Goal 4

Last edited:
Good luck! A good leader is worth their weight in gold and a bad leader is not worth having. I left Slimming World because of a bad leader and I don't think I'll ever set foot in a slimming club of any kind again.

I get all the support I need on here. I know some people like classes and get a lot out of them, so it's whatever works for you I guess.

The trick is to keep at it even though you're not going to class.

That's what we're here for :)

Hiya, I started back at WW meetings last nite and the leader was not that good. She was trying, I think, but it takes a certain something to inspire people and she just, well, didn't. Plus the ladies on the paying desk where rude as well. It doesn't really make me want to go next week but I'm desperate! xx

Some people really need to have that weigh-in in group to stay on track and sounds like you're one of them karra. It's not very good when you don't feel inspired though - I've seen some truly awful class leaders in my time.

Yeah I am one of those my mum and sis are going it alone but I just can't do it! My wednesday nite leader was fab so I'm gonna try and go to that meeting when I can...oh yeah jan well done on your silver 7 that teeny gain is nothing!

Hi,

I don't do WW, but surely there is some way you can talk to head office about this. You are the CUSTOMER, you pay their wages and as such, you should expect a high level of service. Stop being so 'grin and bear it' start complaining, nothing will ever change if you don't do something about it! Phew....sorry, rant alert. I just have a HUGE bugbear about any poor service!
Best of luck with the diets. :):)

karra im exactly the same. i need motivation. i lost four stone over three years ago under supervision, its just that extra bit of a kick that you cant give yourself. however i dont want to use to leader as an excuse to give up, id just rather use my tenner a week towards ny shopping, or my rent rather than have some woman look down on my like that and forget that she was once in my shoes. her meetings are anything but inspiring and i even noticed myself that she commented on the last one on the low attendance followed by blaming it on the 'weather'. the cashier wasnt the nicest either. its just i looked at her and thought to myself how hard would it have been for you to say "so where did you go wrong, not to worry try again ". i mean really. have they forgotten what their job is.

to be honest with slimming clubs they have such a success rate that i dont think my one complaint will change it, because like me there are so many women like me dying to lose weight and feel the only way to do it is by getting weighed by someone else. i joined 4 weeks ago after having a failed time first for similar reasons, i went back hoping this would be different. i stayed for two meetings and she was terrible. very long and constantly referring to herself at any given opportunity, not having much relevance to weightloss. i do agree with you but ive two and a half stone to go in order to reach my ideal bmi so ive decided to use the money for some good fruit and veg and go it alone.

I will! In fact I'm tempted to tell work I can't work wednesday nites anymore so I can go :)

Karra, looking at your goals your hoping to lose 66lbs in less than 3 months, sorry but thats just not realistic on WW, even on a complete 100%VLCD its a high goal.

I'm only saying as you might get very disheartened if your not achieving this speed. WW say a good loss is 1-2lbs a week :eek:

karra hunny that is true. ive aimed to lose that much weight in such a short space of time and ww wont do it. they always say 1-2 pounds a week. my advice would be take it slow. i know that its hard when all you want is the weight to fall of quickly. i was 17 stone at 18, im 21 and 13'10 now and my ultimate goal is 10. my ww goal is 11'7 and i aim to be that by xmas week if all goes accordingly and thats with a weight loss of two pounds a week. the reality is that any diet that lets you lose weight as quickly as you are aiming to lose it, will only allow you to put it on as soon as you come of it. i appreciate that youre desperate to happen fast but seriously the more pressure you put on yourself to reach a unrealistic goal the harder the disapointment will be. i have yo yoed for two years now always looking for the fast fix and im the same weight i was two years ago, while if i had paced myself in the beginning, id have reached my goal.

take your time chick. youll do great. x

Good luck! A good leader is worth their weight in gold and a bad leader is not worth having. I left Slimming World because of a bad leader and I don't think I'll ever set foot in a slimming club of any kind again.

I get all the support I need on here. I know some people like classes and get a lot out of them, so it's whatever works for you I guess.

The trick is to keep at it even though you're not going to class.

That's what we're here for :)

I also left s world due to my leader. she was terrible. she made me feel bad for gaining weight one week and they say that tehy don't tell anyone if you gain but she made it clear to everyone that i gained that week. I did complain about her and i complained about the fact that she had favorites in the class who would take over the whole hour session.

Okay peoples u can stop panicking i'm not expecting to do that my goals were written quite a while ago lol i just forgot to alter them :)

Back