Unthoughtful people!

Dear Son and Husband,
The Fibre Plus box that I found (Empty) in the cupboard originally held x4 bars, so if you two had one each and I had none, did the other two elope?

ohhhh.... I would be soooooo cross!

Dear manager,
Thanks for nothing,I was looking forward to my family holiday in july now youhave p****d me off not giving me my holiday

acc said:
Dear manager,
Thanks for nothing,I was looking forward to my family holiday in july now youhave p****d me off not giving me my holiday

God our work are like that!! :/ I've had to do a shift swap just so I can meet my bf when he comes back from a nearly 5 month tour of afghan. Having given the circumstances I though they might allow it, but apparently not!! Thanks to my good friend though that saved the day!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

bevhunter1986 said:
God our work are like that!! :/ I've had to do a shift swap just so I can meet my bf when he comes back from a nearly 5 month tour of afghan. Having given the circumstances I though they might allow it, but apparently not!! Thanks to my good friend though that saved the day!!! X

My holiday was part of my 50 yh birthday celebration with the family,my work mate only works 2 days,but we both cant have the same week!:*) mad isnt it!

Dear manager,

Does it say anything in your contract about when you can & can't take your holiday? You have given them more than adequate notice. Holiday is an ENTITLEMENT - when you advise them of holiday you are not requesting it - you are telling them that you are using that entitlement, not requesting it. THey cannot legally say no.

The only exception would be if your contract specified when you could take your holiday (of course its actually not legal for them to specify that you can't take holiday in your contract, but most of us don't know this and sign it anyway)

Either way, they are gits!

kingleds said:
Does it say anything in your contract about when you can & can't take your holiday? You have given them more than adequate notice. Holiday is an ENTITLEMENT - when you advise them of holiday you are not requesting it - you are telling them that you are using that entitlement, not requesting it. THey cannot legally say no.

The only exception would be if your contract specified when you could take your holiday (of course its actually not legal for them to specify that you can't take holiday in your contract, but most of us don't know this and sign it anyway)

My contract doesnt specify when leave has to be taken but I've had requests refused before now because of manning levels and other people's leave. I think they're probably perfectly within their right to say no if other people already have time off booked then ?

Try working for the Police, because of the Olympics we're been told we can't have any annual leave what so ever between May and end of September.... doesn't matter if you have kids, etc, etc, I wouldn't mind if I worked in London, but am up in the sticks about 300 miles from London!! To be fair though, they did warn us about two years ago that this would happen x

Louise24 said:
Try working for the Police, because of the Olympics we're been told we can't have any annual leave what so ever between May and end of September.... doesn't matter if you have kids, etc, etc, I wouldn't mind if I worked in London, but am up in the sticks about 300 miles from London!! To be fair though, they did warn us about two years ago that this would happen x

Thank goodness our Force is a tad disorganised. I put my leave request for this Aug in last Sept much to the bemusement of my Sgts. 3 weeks later came the memo :)

Starlight said:
My contract doesnt specify when leave has to be taken but I've had requests refused before now because of manning levels and other people's leave. I think they're probably perfectly within their right to say no if other people already have time off booked then ?

The above is true I' m afraid ,but my line manager did her best for me explaining it would be a one off for a special occassion but she wouldnt have it,so am planning to fly out ti them for a long weekend! Not the same but still get to spend quality time with them allB-) and celebrate my birthday

The Post Office and Royal Mail cannot take any holiday from October 31st- December 25th.

Royal Mail have a seniority policy, so those with longest service get first pick. Pee's me off that old men planning on digging over their blimmin' allotments get the school holidays over the guys who have school aged children!

When I worked with the PO we were allowed to pick the first two weeks as long as no-one had previously booked it, and all other holidays at the discretion of the manager to the smooth running of the PO all this was in the contract, but never acted on!

One woman's daughter moved to Australia, so the first year she was given leave to go on holiday for four weeks from January, she was told this was the only time she could book it, this was her full holiday.
So in November she announced she was having another fortnight for her anniversary as she always went away!!! Reminded that she'd already had her full holiday she said she was taking unpaid leave!

The following year she booked her month away (without asking) from mid Feb to mid March (interfering with EVERYONE's booked spring holidays, AND took two weeks in November!!!
So when she tried the same trick the third year I told her that I wouldn't authorise a whole month over feb/March she said tough it's booked, so I put her down as two weeks holiday and two weeks unauthorised absence.
So in November she took two weeks and then phoned to say she was ill and took another two weeks....taking the piss much?

This is why I had to give up working at the PO, the staff were a bunch of twats!

Flipping heck Shirleen, I'd have wanted to punch her freaking lights out! How selfish to her co-workers! I don't know how you kept your gob shut the first two years she did it.

The last bit of your post really made me laugh though :giggle:

Flipping heck Shirleen, I'd have wanted to punch her freaking lights out! How selfish to her co-workers! I don't know how you kept your gob shut the first two years she did it.

The last bit of your post really made me laugh though :giggle:

Ahhh I should have said I was only Manager for the last two years!
I was Deputy for the first two.

Dear husband

I know i said take your time in the gym but what i really meant was 'i'm tired & i want to go home' Don't you know ANYTHING? rubbish husband!

Louise24 said:

My bf has been told the same in the military x

Shirleen said:
The Post Office and Royal Mail cannot take any holiday from October 31st- December 25th.

Royal Mail have a seniority policy, so those with longest service get first pick. Pee's me off that old men planning on digging over their blimmin' allotments get the school holidays over the guys who have school aged children!

When I worked with the PO we were allowed to pick the first two weeks as long as no-one had previously booked it, and all other holidays at the discretion of the manager to the smooth running of the PO all this was in the contract, but never acted on!

That's no longer true! My ex is allowed to take leave any time he likes apart from 2 days before Xmas and between Xmas and new year and he's been a postie for 5 years. The holidays for them have always been like that he tells me even when he started. He always takes a week for his Bday end of nov/first week of dec. The only reason I know this, is because I look after my little man that week as I know his dad can't. X

Back