Unthoughtful people!

Shirleen said:
I was going to explain myself, but it's so not worth it.

But actually, I do have a clue what I'm talking about, but I'm not justifying myself to you, I am entitled to my opinion, as are you. Don't make it personal; I didn't!

Sorry didn't mean to make it personal just sometimes I think people moan about the wrong things - moan about politicians lining their pockets not the care givers who give the worlds children an education they deserve more respect than that.

So shall we get rid of teachers and nurses and Drs then? You know because they are paid with tax payers money. You know teachers, Drs and nurses pay tax aswell my mam pays four times as much tax as I do so effectively she pays herself most of her wage!

That wasnt what kingleds said she said footballers wager were totally different because they werent from the taxpayer unlike public sector ones.

Im a bit puzzled where this comment has come from as she never at any time said anything against taxpayers or commented on how much tax is paid or that we should 'get rid' of anyone :confused:

MissSlinky2011 said:
So shall we get rid of teachers and nurses and Drs then? You know because they are paid with tax payers money. You know teachers, Drs and nurses pay tax aswell my mam pays four times as much tax as I do so effectively she pays herself most of her wage!

Hang on - I never said anything about getting rid of them. Please do not put words in my mouth. I just made the observation that as they are funded by taxpayers people feel they have the right to an opinion on them. whereas footballers are funded by the private sector, & therefore we have no vested interest in it. Again, please do not put words in my mouth, and think before you type next time.

I think this conversation needs to have a line drawn under it before someone gets offended, let's all agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Tbh I had left this forum because I was fed up of touchy people over reacting to peoples opinions and I only came back because a nice girl sent me a message asking me how my pregnancy was going but I'm going to delete the app again. Everyone should be able to have an opinion and for that to entail a healthy debate but on this forum people always have to take it personally and I just can't be bothered with it. I will keep my debates for my friends who don't get offended if you don't agree with every word they say!

MissSlinky2011 said:
I think this conversation needs to have a line drawn under it before someone gets offended, let's all agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Tbh I had left this forum because I was fed up of touchy people over reacting to peoples opinions and I only came back because a nice girl sent me a message asking me how my pregnancy was going but I'm going to delete the app again. Everyone should be able to have an opinion and for that to entail a healthy debate but on this forum people always have to take it personally and I just can't be bothered with it. I will keep my debates for my friends who don't get offended if you don't agree with every word they say!

Hurrah!!

Third or fourth time I've seen you become a keyboard warrior on this forum.

Good luck in life.

Mrs.S. said:
Hurrah!!

Third or fourth time I've seen you become a keyboard warrior on this forum.

Good luck in life.

Very mature, was there any need to be so cruel and nasty to me? All because I have an opinion well I apologise for enjoying using my brain.

Corkscrew said:
Yep, same here. She was kicking off about bread laat week!

About bread, I think you have me confused with someone else but its nice to see you all turning into bullies. I would have thought people on a forum for people who are trying to like weight all had experience in bullying and knew how cruel it could be but thanks. Your kindness has turned a grown woman to tears well done.

About bread, I think you have me confused with someone else but its nice to see you all turning into bullies. I would have thought people on a forum for people who are trying to like weight all had experience in bullying and knew how cruel it could be but thanks. Your kindness has turned a grown woman to tears well done.

I haven't got you mixed up with anyone else at all, I would recognise your attitude anywhere. Now run along and stop spoiling threads with your gross over reactions and incorrect assumptions

Yes I did get offended. You have no idea what my experience is, how I formed my opinion or anything else. Yet you jumped down my throat with both feet.
I never said you couldn't have a different opinion to me, in fact no-one did.
I suggest you ask these friends who aren't offended if in fact they are afraid of your over reaction. Because it appears to me that you are the one over reacting.

Guys - can we just remember that this lady is pregnant, and therefore whilst she is definitely over reacting, and being a bit hypocritical, it's entirely possible it's to do with hormones & she just having a bad day.

Corkscrew said:
I haven't got you mixed up with anyone else at all, I would recognise your attitude anywhere. Now run along and stop spoiling threads with your gross over reactions and incorrect assumptions

Ive been reading this and not getting involved but I think its hard to understand what people actually mean when its written down and everyone makes assumptions. However I dont think that anyone in this forum deserves to be spoken to like that when we're all here for the same thing. To support each other because we all know what each other is going through.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

sarah_lou1981 said:
Ive been reading this and not getting involved but I think its hard to understand what people actually mean when its written down and everyone makes assumptions. However I dont think that anyone in this forum deserves to be spoken to like that when we're all here for the same thing. To support each other because we all know what each other is going through.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

I agree - the people on this forum are by and large a credit to it and I feel comfortable here and there's a great community spirit. This is just a case of people being offended (and perhaps that's because typed text isn't the best as conveying tone and nuance) but no one needs to be spoken to like that. It's not constructive.

Erm....I think I possibly started this by moaning about people taking time off work when it snows. It's probably a bit late now but I wasn't really talking about people who live in the middle of nowhere and have to take country roads to get to their work. I was talking about the inner city dwellers who can't get into work even though it hasn't even snowed that badly, the roads have been gritted and they don't have a problem getting to the local pub. It's THOSE peope who annoy me.

Don't you just hate it when one person ruins a thread.... :rolleyes:

:giggle:

miss slinky called me stupid so sorry- I have no sympathy for you on this one love.

Don't you hate it when you go to make a cup of tea but hubby has finished the milk....!

Shirleen said:
Don't ever get me started on Teachers! They don't have a clue, in fact none of them should be allowed to teach straight out of Uni, they should have a job with real hours first! As for bleating on that they work past school times, well bully for them, it still doesn't equate with someone on a till in front of customers all day for 8 hours for half the pay!
I won't go on because I'm bound to upset someone.

Hi shirleen,

I would like to start off by saying that I am in no way offended by your comments I do however find them very narrow minded which is disappointing as your posts are usually so well rounded! Maybe you have an axe to grind with someone in the teaching profession or have had a bad experience with a teacher in the past which has informed your view but please don't allow it to inform your opinion of all teachers.

I am a teacher and I can assure you I
DO have a clue.

I agree that working 8 hours a day on a till for minimum/ low pay is a demanding job. I have done it myself along with a whole host of other "jobs with real hours" such as working as a cleaner, call centre advisor, retail assistant and working in a potato factory( to name but a few)

Teaching is a very demanding job both mentally and physically and unless you have ever worked as a teacher you cannot fully appreciate this.

I am not trying to change your opinion of teachers, you are entitled to think what you like. I do know that I work extremely hard for my money and rarely 'bleat' that I work past the bell :)

Chickadee83, I think (unfortunately) for teachers the reputation of the entire profession is ruined by those few who do not take it seriously or are not competant.

I trained to be a teacher but, halfway through qualifying, chose not to pursue it because I found it very hard work! I'd always wanted to be one, so it was a shock to everybody when I became something entirely different. I did that because I didn't enjoy it and I found that I just didn't work well with teenagers- it was best for all involved for me not to do it!

But I have a lot of friends who are teachers because they fell into it- they simply weren't "good enough" to do what they originally trained for. I don't think teaching should be a profession to fall back on- it should be something you WANT to do.

Starlight said:
Jeez Jez youre SUCH a troublemaker :whoopass: ;)

Sorry Miss :D

Back