Unthoughtful people!

odd_sock said:
Dear OH,

So much for only drinking non-alcoholic drinks from now on. You went out at 2pm today and by the time I got home from work (6pm) your already in bed p!ssed as a fart. Hiding upstairs does not make me any less peed off and if you can't pay your share of the bills because you've wasted all your money on booze then I home the streets warm because that's where you'll be sleeping.

Yours only so forgiving fiancee who has finally had enough of working to keep a roof over our heads while you sit on your behind all day playing computer game and getting drunk (ps I don't give him anything towards his alcohol and don't keep any in the house because I very very rarely drink) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

this sounds very familiar to me. I feel for you x

Dear OH,

So much for only drinking non-alcoholic drinks from now on. You went out at 2pm today and by the time I got home from work (6pm) your already in bed p!ssed as a fart. Hiding upstairs does not make me any less peed off and if you can't pay your share of the bills because you've wasted all your money on booze then I home the streets warm because that's where you'll be sleeping.

Yours only so forgiving fiancee who has finally had enough of working to keep a roof over our heads while you sit on your behind all day playing computer game and getting drunk (ps I don't give him anything towards his alcohol and don't keep any in the house because I very very rarely drink) x

Good for you for saying enough is enough, it's tough though x

odd_sock said:
Sorry while I'm at it,

Dear OH (again sorry),

When I asked you to sort the washing in the tumble dryer I didn't mean empty the tumble dryer and leave the clothes in a crumpled heap on top of the dryer. As I recall, I asked you to empty the dryer, fold the pjs and put them away and hang the rest of the clothes up in the wardrobe. Was that really so hard?

Your increasing peed off fiancee x

Argh!!! I know this feeling!

odd_sock said:
Dear OH,

Been there, done that, divorced his ass!!!
X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

Gotta play devils advocate here, sorry. :(

He may be an alcoholic, but you're a foodaholic most likely, like the rest of us on here.
Ours is more socially acceptable but they both require willpower and support to overcome them, not anger and blame.

Would you be upset if he went off on one every time you bought something unhealthy food wise into the house?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

*Emsie* said:
Dear ColJack if you are going to refer to an invite from sw it would be really really good if you would share what it was too ;)

It's the greatest loser finals in London.
I'm one of the 10 finalists.

It's the greatest loser finals in London.
I'm one of the 10 finalists.

Wow, well done on such a fab achievement........and good luck for the finals :D

PS look forward to seeing you in the mag!!

ColJack said:

He may be an alcoholic, but you're a foodaholic most likely, like the rest of us on here.
Ours is more socially acceptable but they both require willpower and support to overcome them, not anger and blame.

Would you be upset if he went off on one every time you bought something unhealthy food wise into the house?

Try living with one. It wears you down. Eating too much doesnt turn you into a violent aggressive idiot. You never know whats coming next. Yes, maybe everyone on here are food addicts. But im betting food hasnt made any us pass out in the freezing cold on the way home from a night out, assault someone just for saying the wrong thing or smashed anyones house to bits. You can only support them so far before it starts to ruin your life, trust me. And anyways, at least we're all on here doing something about our addictions :)

odd_sock said:
Dear OH,

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, know how upsetting it can be & how it wears you down. Is he an alcoholic? He needs to get help but he needs to firstly admit he has a problem.

I can give you advice as been through it myself & I also work with people that have alcohol & drug problems. Please free to message me if you would like. I've been through the money thing, the denial to my friends & family.

Anyhow I do hope you are ok. Take care hun & if I can help in anyway I will xx

Try living with one. It wears you down. Eating too much doesnt turn you into a violent aggressive idiot. You never know whats coming next. Yes, maybe everyone on here are food addicts. But im betting food hasnt made any us pass out in the freezing cold on the way home from a night out, assault someone just for saying the wrong thing or smashed anyones house to bits. You can only support them so far before it starts to ruin your life, trust me. And anyways, at least we're all on here doing something about our addictions :)

Big hugs hun and yeah well done for dealing with the food stuff while you have all this going on around you too! What do you think can be done? Is he willing to get help? Where are you at with it? xx

*Emsie* said:
Big hugs hun and yeah well done for dealing with the food stuff while you have all this going on around you too! What do you think can be done? Is he willing to get help? Where are you at with it? xx

Well I divorced mine after nine years of it but its so hard to do. And he's still drinking three years on and still smashing his house to bits.
x

Dear small children masquerading as men that I work with.

I am a pretty open minded person, and I don't mind banter, or the odd comment which many women would find offensive. I am a 'geezer bird' in that I will use the C word if its really warranted, I don't mind when you disparage your wifes, because frankly, they are fools for marrying you all, and I even turn a blind eye when you obviously eye up other girls in my presence, and talk to my chest (its pretty impressive, so I don't blame you)

I draw the line at you, as a group, asking me if I'd ever consider a 'gang bang' in a crowded, open plan office. Please desist before I have to show you exactly how much of a geezer bird I am by kicking all your arses all over the place. I know I could take oyu all with one hand tied behind my back. Don't make me prove it.

Dear small children masquerading as men that I work with.

I am a pretty open minded person, and I don't mind banter, or the odd comment which many women would find offensive. I am a 'geezer bird' in that I will use the C word if its really warranted, I don't mind when you disparage your wifes, because frankly, they are fools for marrying you all, and I even turn a blind eye when you obviously eye up other girls in my presence, and talk to my chest (its pretty impressive, so I don't blame you)

I draw the line at you, as a group, asking me if I'd ever consider a 'gang bang' in a crowded, open plan office. Please desist before I have to show you exactly how much of a geezer bird I am by kicking all your arses all over the place. I know I could take oyu all with one hand tied behind my back. Don't make me prove it.
:eek: So..... what was your answer ;)

I don't think my kids were ever too scared to come home because I'd binged on crisps! I'd literally dread going home on Mondays (payday), and couldn't eat or speak by the afternoon. My brothers were the same, our only hope was that she'd gotten so drunk that she'd passed out and would stay that way until bedtime! We'd put ourselves to bed as early as possible to escape a beating and it sometimes worked....and sometimes we'd get dragged from our beds for the beating.

Sorry but overeating and gambling isn't the same (my father was/is a compulsive gambler, who lost our beds in a poker game, I'd still rather live with that than an alcoholic!).

*Emsie* said:
:eek: So..... what was your answer ;)

A repeated (ad nauseum IMO) I'm married, it's irrelevant. In the hope they would all shut the hell up. Apparently this means I would. I may have to kill one of them by the end of the day

Wow thanks for everyone's replies.

The thing is OH's not an alcoholic. I don't know really know what his "problem" is as it’s not just alcohol that was just what he spent his JSA on yesterday (and last fortnight) in the past it’s all gone on gambling, junk food (yes his entire JSA fortnightly payment on crisps, chocolate, pizza, etc(all bought on 2payday”)), ciggies. I think he has a problem with money burning a hole in his pocket and he needs to spend it as soon as he’s got it and then it goes on whatever first takes his fancy. Either that or he just doesn’t like having to hand over bill money to me x

Back