Unthoughtful people!

It was early and perhaps I didn't put my view over very well.
I wasn't for a second saying that she should put up with it if it's abusive etc, but from the limited info posted at the time, it sounded like he's a drunken lay about.
Alcohol doesn't necessarily mean that someone will become violent.
As someone who was made redundant and was out of work for some time I can sort of guess that he's feeling depressed and bored.
My way of dealing with that was food and internet games, his sounds like alcohol.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

It was early and perhaps I didn't put my view over very well.
I wasn't for a second saying that she should put up with it if it's abusive etc, but from the limited info posted at the time, it sounded like he's a drunken lay about.
Alcohol doesn't necessarily mean that someone will become violent.
As someone who was made redundant and was out of work for some time I can sort of guess that he's feeling depressed and bored.
My way of dealing with that was food and internet games, his sounds like alcohol.

I got what you meant ColJack. You would be spot on about him being abit of layabout and he may be depressed about his working (ie lack of job) situation but he's not worked for over 4 years and hasn't applied for any jobs in well over 6 months and he does turn to food and internet games when he's bored just when he gets his JSA he fritters it away without paying his share of the bills, just happened to be booze he spent it on yesterday x

I got what you meant ColJack. You would be spot on about him being abit of layabout and he may be depressed about his working (ie lack of job) situation but he's not worked for over 4 years and hasn't applied for any jobs in well over 6 months and he does turn to food and internet games when he's bored just when he gets his JSA he fritters it away without paying his share of the bills, just happened to be booze he spent it on yesterday x

Sounds to me that he's a feckless waster and you know what? He's throwing away YOUR life too!
Think about it, you're working, paying his bills, no doubt picking up his chores, putting up with his moods and childishness.

What are you getting out of this?

Perhaps he needs a proper wake up call, You can afford to live on your own (you are already), perhaps time apart will make him buck up.

Dear neighbour on crowded commuter train. Please don't mop your face with an already soaking sweat towel while sitting beside me. It smells terrible! I've been close to gagging the last half hour and if you don't get off at the next stop, i will give up my seat and spend the next hour standing!

Yours, gagging neighbour.

PS: you might want to consider washing your clothing and body.

Dear neighbour on crowded commuter train. Please don't mop your face with an already soaking sweat towel while sitting beside me. It smells terrible! I've been close to gagging the last half hour and if you don't get off at the next stop, i will give up my seat and spend the next hour standing!

Yours, gagging neighbour.

PS: you might want to consider washing your clothing and body.
Goodness me...if they are carrying around a wet sweat towel they must have it bad :eek:

Sounds to me that he's a feckless waster and you know what? He's throwing away YOUR life too!
Think about it, you're working, paying his bills, no doubt picking up his chores, putting up with his moods and childishness.

What are you getting out of this?

Perhaps he needs a proper wake up call, You can afford to live on your own (you are already), perhaps time apart will make him buck up.

Well I left him a list this morning (to redeem himself/prove he is useful for something), nothing to strenuous IMO.
I asked him before I got home to;
Clean the bathroom up after he was sick in there :checkmark green:
Change the bed :checkmark green:
Polish - partially done (he done the kitchen table and tv)
Brush and mop the floors - none done
Do his dishes - nope
Clean the sink and kitchen sides - sides were done but sink hasn't been done yet as his dishes are still in there
Clean the George Foreman since he didn't clean it after making a toastie yesterday - none
And to have tea on by the time I got home - let him off that one as I was home half hour early and it's only a quick tea tonight so if he'd had it on it would of been burnt by the time he expected me

His excuse for not finishing it all is because he needs something to do tomorrow and has had a bad belly today and been up and down to the loo - really not good enough for someone who said their going to change. Oh did get most of his bill money though (fiver short) x

Well I left him a list this morning (to redeem himself/prove he is useful for something), nothing to strenuous IMO.
I asked him before I got home to;
Clean the bathroom up after he was sick in there :checkmark green:
Change the bed :checkmark green:
Polish - partially done (he done the kitchen table and tv)
Brush and mop the floors - none done
Do his dishes - nope
Clean the sink and kitchen sides - sides were done but sink hasn't been done yet as his dishes are still in there
Clean the George Foreman since he didn't clean it after making a toastie yesterday - none
And to have tea on by the time I got home - let him off that one as I was home half hour early and it's only a quick tea tonight so if he'd had it on it would of been burnt by the time he expected me

His excuse for not finishing it all is because he needs something to do tomorrow and has had a bad belly today and been up and down to the loo - really not good enough for someone who said their going to change. Oh did get most of his bill money though (fiver short) x
So has he done enough to redeem himself in your opinion? To be fair if he is depressed it might not be easy for him to motivate himself to do stuff so he has made a start?

If this was about a teenage boy, I might let him off...but a grown man???

Pfft! You'll never have joy in this!

Dear local JD Wetherspoons,

Whilst I'm fully supportive of your charity works, why does it have to involve CAKE??!!! I wouldn't mind if you'd put an extortionate price tag on them but 'make a donation...' makes it hard.

Oh and re:said cakes.... of all the places, including anywhere else on the ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE BAR, did you have to put them at the tea and coffee machine end!!!!! You are making this HARD!!!!

Yours, a strong willed but now desperate for cake, tea and coffee drinker!!.

Dear Other half

I dontmind that you go will be going to the greasy spoon for brakfast and having some of my favourite foods that will never be syn free but did you have to ring me from there to tell me that you were having it ?
from your at this moment definitely better half!

Dear friend,

I used to enjoy our weekly night out. But lately, I don't. Although I appreciate you have a disability, and that you have a job and a child, it would be nice if you asked me how my day has been, what my new job actually is, what colour my socks are, or anything at all really. Instead, I spend 2+ hours hearing all about your week at work, all about your disability, and all about your son. I realise these things are very important to you, but week in week out, I'm getting a bit tired of it. I resorted to telling you about my first day at work "so....my first day went ok". Your reply? "Oh right. Well today at work........"
I didn't see you last week, as when I saw you the week before, I came home in angry tears. I was so tired and just wanted to go to bed, but I put you before me, and was repayed with a barrage of how your week went.
So far, I have politely listened. But in future, expect the sarcastic remarks to start, or the blatant "why don't we talk about something else" comments. I know more about Fiona, Karl, Jordan, the boss lady, and whoever else, than I do about my own family - and I've never even met them!

Yours, the person who listens to everyone, but never gets a word in edgeways.

Tinytootz said:
Dear friend,

I used to enjoy our weekly night out. But lately, I don't. Although I appreciate you have a disability, and that you have a job and a child, it would be nice if you asked me how my day has been, what my new job actually is, what colour my socks are, or anything at all really. Instead, I spend 2+ hours hearing all about your week at work, all about your disability, and all about your son. I realise these things are very important to you, but week in week out, I'm getting a bit tired of it. I resorted to telling you about my first day at work "so....my first day went ok". Your reply? "Oh right. Well today at work........"
I didn't see you last week, as when I saw you the week before, I came home in angry tears. I was so tired and just wanted to go to bed, but I put you before me, and was repayed with a barrage of how your week went.
So far, I have politely listened. But in future, expect the sarcastic remarks to start, or the blatant "why don't we talk about something else" comments. I know more about Fiona, Karl, Jordan, the boss lady, and whoever else, than I do about my own family - and I've never even met them!

Yours, the person who listens to everyone, but never gets a word in edgeways.

Oh bless you. I completely sympathise with you! I have a relative that I see every week that does this to me - she'll talk about every Tom Dick & Harry before she'll even ask how I am! It really winds me up sometimes.

... So how was your first day in work and what does it involve? x

Tinytootz said:
Haha!

It was ok thanks. Super boring, not what I want to do, but work is scarce out there, so I am thankful of the money.

How's your week been? :)

Well oddly enough I started a new placement this week. It's ok, but not what I want to do either. I guess it's good to get more experience though! Every little helps!

Dear doorstep Chugger,
Read the sign, do what it says, ie do NOT knock my door.
My Charity of choice I donate to weekly, they do not knock my door, ask for a certain amount ('Just' £4), they don't keep ringing asking for an increase, they do not food my letterbox with junk (did you like how I sent it all back to you Oxfam in the handy pre paid envelope),and as Cancer Research turned me down for a job I could do standing on my head basically you're screwed!

Also...knocking doors the night after Sports Relief really??? See the flaw in that????

Dear neighbour

Yes, you were right in whispering 'rude cow' when I didn't acknowledge you walking past me but I was busy cleaning my windows (something you clearly never do). I have no intention of being friendly with either you or your girlfriend. I made an effort when you first moved in but after several nights of being kept awake by your stupid 'bang bang' music and your stupid friends buzzing my doorbell at stupid-o-clock in the morning I have lost patients with you. Incase you haven't noticed, the communal hallway is not a dumping ground but your huge boxes are still there after being asked nicely to clear them. it annoys me greatly that it often smells of weed in there because of you and that our front door step is littered with tons of fag butts. Don't you realise the women that lives above you has a baby? You inconsiderate ****s

Hmm, food on the bar in the pub.
Can you be certain that the last person who touched those cakes ( including picking up the piece next to the one you're eying up ) washed their hands last time they peed?

This is the whole peanut / pretzel thing all over again.

I wouldn't.

Back