Up 2lb since yesterday!!!! :-O

JennyG

Hey everyone, Im on day 9 today
Had my 1st weeks weigh in yesterday and was down 7lb - happy days!
But now today, I hop on the scales and I am UP 2lb from yesterday!!

How could this happen??? Has it happened to anyone else? :(:confused::sigh:

Hi I'm on day 12 and although your not ment to I weigh every morning and somedays I might be up again then loose it again the next day apparently it can be affected by water retention, exercise or your period, so hope this puts your mind at rest x

Thanks for your reply Jade :)
I did get out for a run last night, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

i was up 3lb since yesterday

and i started the 30 day shred last night
And im due TOTM

I put it down to excercise or the totm.... but gutted
i had lost 3lb this week and its all wiped out now :(

its water im sure of it

Nik

I'm fairly sure they dont recommend doing proper exercise the first couple of weeks and then only about 20 minutes walking a day. Obviously some people do do more and are fine with it, but you're on so little calories, your body might just hang onto every calorie it's got. And exercise can make you dehydrated so conversely you can retain water. Also if you're due on you'll mostly likely be retaining water which can show on the scales. If you've stuck to the plan then dont worry, it's not real weight, you're not on enough calories to gain weight.

Hi Jenny,

yep it could be anything... i think almost everyone is guilty of weighing every day but it could be affected my anything so dont take it for gospel until your actual weigh day!

and watch the exercise until your body stablises on the diet other wise you could push it into starvation mode and it will try and hold onto your body fat for energy stores!!

God thanks for the advice girls - I really hope my running hasnt made me store fat :(
I wont mind if its just water that my body is holding onto - but not fat!! aargghh!!
I will stay off the exercise for a few days anyway and see what happens.

Thanks again for the replies :)

Your body will be storing water if anything. If you're doing the diet 100% your body is burning fat as fuel. And you'll be building muscle tone which is heavier than fat which might show on the scales. Keep measuring yourself, your inches will go down quicker than the scales may show.

Hi all, Been reading through the other posts on this board and I have to say the support some of you ladies give to others is fantastic - answering questions, allieviating fears etc! So thanks a million for that.
I weighed again this morning and am down 1 of the 2 lb that went up and havent done any exercise since. Looks like Im going to have a pretty bad weight loss this week, its a bit of a bummer, as I have been 100% and am on day 10 now with only 6lb down in total

You never know jenny, I thought I was going to have a bad week last week but at the last minute I dropped a bit and it was 3lbs. You never know so keep focused, you can do it

Back