Update on Battling (from yesterday)

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
THANKYOU SO MUCH to everyone that posted and encouraged me yesteray! It was a toughy!!

Well, update! I stayed strong and didnt eat anything at all (apart from my shakes).

I am still in pain today, but the muscles are just sore and this will take a few days to restore and get back to normal, but the worst pain is over - thankfully!!

This forum is invaluable and help so much, so again, thank you very very much for all who took the time to reply!!!

Day 23 :)

Hi Scots glad you got through it, you definately helped get me through yesterday i can tell you.

I am feeling a little happier today but i'm still starving and nearly caved again today but it just seems to be the norm now, i feel like i will never not be hungry again on LT.

If this is the case i will be lucky to make it another week, rubbish but i can't deal with the hunger much longer. Think maybe buying some chicken and green veg in might be a good idea.

Yes - it is good to hear you're both feeling a bit better today. Keep working at it Stinky - don't buy the food "just in case" - I'd be worried that having it handy might encourage you to give in quicker. I know I've suggested Cambridge to you before (in a not so gentle way...sorry love!) but speaking as a mate - have you thought about it? A good friend of mine is doing it - and she is losing almost as much as the LTers. She has (I think) 2 or 3 bars/shakes/soups/porridge a day and a low-cal meal. It might be better for you if you felt more comfortable. I don't think any of us should really suffer. Go without, yes, but not actually suffer.

On another matter I see that I am seen as some pompous ass pontificating to everyone. To everyone except the kind soul who pointed it out so eloquently on another thread I apologise if my tone is seen that way. It really isn't meant. I love this diet and what it has helped me achieve. It is a massive thing for me and I want as many people as possible to get the same as I have got out of it. It makes me enthuse and go OTT sometimes. Sorry.

I'd also say that I consider a lot of people on here to be mates. We've got similar issues, and have chosen similar ways to deal with them which are, in some ways extreme and it's not easy for our "real" friends to always understand. To have had (most) of you lot to listen to and chat to has been fantastic. Thanks.

To the person who let me know - well 'nuff said. I'm not going to start retaliatimg with stupid name calling. She'll be pleased to know that I'll soon be refeeding so will be around much less, if at all and I'll certainly be saying a great deal less.

Love to those who want it

Jon
xx

Hi Jon, do you know how much CD is? It mignt be something worth looking at now as i am really not enjoying doing LT at the min and hate the thought of stopping but can't keep putting myself through this.

Apart from that post where first crossed paths (so forgotten btw) Jon i can honestly say you have been a great friend and adviser on here. I hope it wasn't me who made you feel like retaliating with name calling!?
Yes you are very passionate about LT that is clear to see and you like to get your opinion over but i personally find you very helpful. I know it must be weird for you being on here now as all us old restarters are back to give it another go and most of the people you used to chat to are maybe not around as much but i would and will miss your posts when you go to refeed. Btw goodluck with that, you must feel extremely strange at the thought of eating, i remember i was, but oh it was so good too!!lol

Anyway again thanks and i will go and have a look at CD thread as something has to change, be it the diet or my feelings.

Hi Scots glad you got through it, you definately helped get me through yesterday i can tell you.

I am feeling a little happier today but i'm still starving and nearly caved again today but it just seems to be the norm now, i feel like i will never not be hungry again on LT.

If this is the case i will be lucky to make it another week, rubbish but i can't deal with the hunger much longer. Think maybe buying some chicken and green veg in might be a good idea.

You helped me too!!! You were invaluable! And I didnt want to make you eat if I ate. I should say the same to you now!!!!!!! Dont do it, try and keep positive and just think, say a few weeks left and you will be a good half stone if not more lighter!!!!

I am hungry constantly, not a sick hunger,but that horrible empty feeling...I had it too last time. I think you and I are the unlucky ones that get this as I know others done.

Hang in there! We can really do this......have you tried splitting your shakes and having 6 a day? It does help a little and I drink more water with them.

im so glad your feeling better. x

Yes - it is good to hear you're both feeling a bit better today. Keep working at it Stinky - don't buy the food "just in case" - I'd be worried that having it handy might encourage you to give in quicker. I know I've suggested Cambridge to you before (in a not so gentle way...sorry love!) but speaking as a mate - have you thought about it? A good friend of mine is doing it - and she is losing almost as much as the LTers. She has (I think) 2 or 3 bars/shakes/soups/porridge a day and a low-cal meal. It might be better for you if you felt more comfortable. I don't think any of us should really suffer. Go without, yes, but not actually suffer.

On another matter I see that I am seen as some pompous ass pontificating to everyone. To everyone except the kind soul who pointed it out so eloquently on another thread I apologise if my tone is seen that way. It really isn't meant. I love this diet and what it has helped me achieve. It is a massive thing for me and I want as many people as possible to get the same as I have got out of it. It makes me enthuse and go OTT sometimes. Sorry.

I'd also say that I consider a lot of people on here to be mates. We've got similar issues, and have chosen similar ways to deal with them which are, in some ways extreme and it's not easy for our "real" friends to always understand. To have had (most) of you lot to listen to and chat to has been fantastic. Thanks.

To the person who let me know - well 'nuff said. I'm not going to start retaliatimg with stupid name calling. She'll be pleased to know that I'll soon be refeeding so will be around much less, if at all and I'll certainly be saying a great deal less.

Jon
xx

Jon, thanks! And, you are a real inspiration and a true advocate of LT!!!! Your enthusiasm comes over in your posts and nothing wrong with that.
You were very kind last night when I struggled,,,thanks!
Enjoy refeed when it comes!!!!

Jon
xx
dunlop,
you have been a true friend to a lot of people(3 weeks to me)over a long time.to me you have given me only positive suggestions.please donot feel you have to dissappear when you refeed as you WOULD be missed.love to you.x

Glad you are feeling better Scotsmist. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner but been really ill the last few days.

Jon your advice and support has helped me through many hard times. You are passionate about LT and there is nothing wrong with it. It can really change your life if you follow it properly and if you are not commited to it 100% what is the point anyway. Really hope you don't disappear after you refead as you would be greatly missed x x x

Glad you are feeling better Scotsmist. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner but been really ill the last few days.

Jon your advice and support has helped me through many hard times. You are passionate about LT and there is nothing wrong with it. It can really change your life if you follow it properly and if you are not commited to it 100% what is the point anyway. Really hope you don't disappear after you refead as you would be greatly missed x x x

I saw you had been poorly, do hope you are better now!

Back