Vanessa's Maintenance blurb...

Aww thanks hun xx yes awful situation, going to visit her today will let you all know hows she doing x

There is no way you have gained 4lbs of fat, you need to consume an excess on 3500 calories to gain even 1lb of fat, so it is probably just water weight and totm, I am the very same xx

RetailChick said:
Aww thanks hun xx yes awful situation, going to visit her today will let you all know hows she doing x

xx

So sad, she should be excited and happy in her baby bubble and that git is gonna burst it! God it leaves such a bitter taste. And it's so unfair, if he'd broke with her even a month ago, she'd have had time to get head around being alone and the thought of baby would have helped spur her on to keep it together! Still not ideal but ....!! Now she gonna get hit by a ton of motherhood bricks and potentially a broken heart and single parenthood all at the same time! Too much - and totally selfish on his part! (my man left me 3 days after getting home with baby! It wud have been better if he'd done it b4 and given me chance to adjust my thinking b4 baby born - but to kick them goalposts aside when ur a new mum OMG) ...

Exactly what you said is what I've been trying to say for days but couldnt put it into words without ranting so thank you!!! He is a little sh*t and I know she will be better off without him but thats obviously not where her mind is right now. Its really hard because she is comparing herself to me when I was expecting and my OH was amazing, was so supportive, read all the books, came to all the classes, rubbed my feet, did everything for me, even when our son came along he was such a natural......she just cant understand why her OH isn't the same. Even harder they have been together nearly 8 years.......myself and my OH were only together a few months when I got pregnant!!!

How awful for your hubby to do that to you! For goodness sake becoming a mum is hard enough to drop that bombshell is just cruel :( Some men really are beyond words!!

Vanessa, don't panic on the gain. It must be in part due to totm. The pp plan is getting great praise etc so it must work. However, you are on it post vlcd and refeed so your calorie intake was very low. Give your body time to readjust to higher cal intake. I think, no matter what plan any of us follow, we need to give it 5 to 6 weeks before declaring it a success or failure and moving on to another. We just don't do well on having patience and want results right now.
You are doing brilliantly and are so focussed so stay strong!!

I have read that the online database is not always 100% correct, but I cant check the 6pp that I stated as my calculator is at home. I always count it as 6pp which includes the milk, as that is how I calculated it when I first started, but I will double check it tonight and let you know.

As for the gain, it could possibly just be the carbs are just overloading a little quick if you have just done one week of refeed. Dont be disheartened though, I am sure this will just be water gain and will even itself out in the next week.

I will check with my WW book tonight regarding the sweet potato too.

Potatoes just to make it easier for you, should be weighed raw. The reason a jacket potato differs once cooked, is because it dries up and will weigh lighter. If you weigh it raw, just stick with the 1pp per 50g and you cant go wrong. A 200g raw potato is 4pp, which is a good size. How you cook it, boiled or baked makes no difference. Just go by the raw weight.

Hope this helps.

Exactly what you said is what I've been trying to say for days but couldnt put it into words without ranting so thank you!!! He is a little sh*t and I know she will be better off without him but thats obviously not where her mind is right now. Its really hard because she is comparing herself to me when I was expecting and my OH was amazing, was so supportive, read all the books, came to all the classes, rubbed my feet, did everything for me, even when our son came along he was such a natural......she just cant understand why her OH isn't the same. Even harder they have been together nearly 8 years.......myself and my OH were only together a few months when I got pregnant!!!

How awful for your hubby to do that to you! For goodness sake becoming a mum is hard enough to drop that bombshell is just cruel :( Some men really are beyond words!!

Thats why Im so upset for your friend, cos I know that devastating as it would have been to happen when pregnant, it would have been better for her to be mentally prepared once the baby arrives! However very different circumstances and its too close plus BP problems - plus strictly speaking, its unknown what he's gonna do... aaaarrrrgggghhh!

But dont you even, for one second, feel guilty that you have a wonderful OH ... comparisons are not healthy in the real world! And you are allowed to be happy with yours!

Last edited:
I have read that the online database is not always 100% correct, but I cant check the 6pp that I stated as my calculator is at home. I always count it as 6pp which includes the milk, as that is how I calculated it when I first started, but I will double check it tonight and let you know.

As for the gain, it could possibly just be the carbs are just overloading a little quick if you have just done one week of refeed. Dont be disheartened though, I am sure this will just be water gain and will even itself out in the next week.

Potatoes just to make it easier for you, should be weighed raw. The reason a jacket potato differs once cooked, is because it dries up and will weigh lighter. If you weigh it raw, just stick with the 1pp per 50g and you cant go wrong. A 200g raw potato is 4pp, which is a good size. How you cook it, boiled or baked makes no difference. Just go by the raw weight.

Hope this helps.

Mind you, the OSS I used for the 6pp was the one with Golden Syrup - perhaps you are not using that one, which could be less. Anyway, will check it later.

Vanessa, don't panic on the gain. It must be in part due to totm. The pp plan is getting great praise etc so it must work. However, you are on it post vlcd and refeed so your calorie intake was very low. Give your body time to readjust to higher cal intake. I think, no matter what plan any of us follow, we need to give it 5 to 6 weeks before declaring it a success or failure and moving on to another. We just don't do well on having patience and want results right now.
You are doing brilliantly and are so focussed so stay strong!!

Thanks Molly ... you are so right on all you say! Its just frustrating as I wanted to be maintaining not dieting - but hey you never know, by Monday, its may be all levelled out!! lol
Vx
PS: Im a dancing, Im a dancing, Im a dancing that positive spin...

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mary.

Re the OSS - I use original not syrup so that cud explain the other 1pp difference! Im so glad you noticed my silly 3pp recording, a whole 2pp over every day - that would have been a big ooops! lol

Re the potatoes - thanks so much for clarifying that raw or cooked weight shenanigans! Ill stick with the database pointing for recording my sweet pot today (as raw lol), but if u wouldnt mind chck'g the book 2nite, that would be fabulous!

Re the gain - yeah, TOTM, carbs and fruit me reckons ... never mind, Ill 'eat dust. Dust, dust, dust I tell ya. Lovely dust!' lol (thats from Little Britain in case you thought Id totally lost my mind! lol)

Thanks so much ... Vx

Today

B: OSS with semi skim milk (5pp)
L: 236g sweet potato (6pp); 122g steam salmon (6pp); Birds Eye petis pois (1pp)
D: probly wm pitta (4pp); 2 TLC ham (1pp); 2 TLC chicken (1pp); mixed salad (0pp)
A: WW yogurt (1pp)
F: probably melon blueberries and couple satsumas (0pp)

(25/35 to maintain...)

It's all been said hon - I just hope you're feeling better about things today xx

Saturday

B: OSS with ss milk (5pp)
L: 2 crumpets (5pp); spread (1pp); Marmite (0pp); snack a jacks (3pp)
D: sweet potato (4pp); 2 TLC ham (1pp); 2 TLC chicken (1pp); peas (1pp)
F: blueberries, melon, nectarine, satsuma (0pp)

21/35 to maintain

Am going out tonight so will add the gins and probable munch-fest later...

Changes to yesterdays menu:
Only a very civilised 3 gin, lime and sodas (6pp)
plus WW belgian choc n vanilla mousse (3pp)
plus additional (3pp) for the above sweet potato being a biggie
(didnt eat all of the planned fruit intake either - ooops, bad girl - didnt claw points back for me tho! lol)

(33/35 to maintain...)

Last edited:
The only entry in the book Vanessa is Sweet Potato 150g 4pp. That would be the raw weight.

Hope you have a good night out tonight.

Hope you're enjoying!! :D xx

Hope your having a brill night :) x

Thanks ladies ... Had a good night! Quiet and home and in bed by midnight - ver' civilised. Hubby was working at 6 this morning - poor love! Only 3 gins too! Lol

Nice boost this morning too, 2.25 of that dreaded 4lb gain is gone!!!!

Vx

kered said:
The only entry in the book Vanessa is Sweet Potato 150g 4pp. That would be the raw weight.

Hope you have a good night out tonight.

Thanks - that seems same as database! Don't know how I'd got it in my head that sweet was better than normal tho lol. Well luverly tho x

Well done on the 2.25!!:):)

Sweet are better from a GI point of view - maybe that's where you got it from x

Well done on the 2.25!!:):)

Sweet are better from a GI point of view - maybe that's where you got it from x

Ah-ha thats good to know - enuff justification to stick with them I reckon, so thanks for that ... lol x

Back