veg allowance?

Suze012

Silver Member
How do u eat yours? What do you have and how do you cook it?

I started off having yellow peppers, mushrooms and shallots and adding them to my spag bol/cottage pie when im microwaving them. Last few nightsi have had lettuce, cucumber n spring onion with my meal and using the lettuce and cucumber to,scoop up the spag bol and then sprinkle,on some spring onion. That has been really good n kept me from getting bored. I dont tend to have the full 200g as thats a lot of lettuce!

Anyone made any soups or anything maybe with a bit of swede n leek... Just wondering... :)

I'm more or less the same as you actually - I either have pepper, mushroom and shallots with the spag bol, or a side salad, or sometimes I have broccoli, asparagus, leeks and cabbage (or combinations thereof) with the cottage pie. I've never had swede or gherkin but I've tried everything else on the list at some point. I don't have it every day though as sometimes I have porridge (like tonight) and skip the veg. I probably have the veg on 3 or 4 days out of 7. I don't do anything adventurous with the soup as I usually have the soup at work if I (very occasionally) have it but I could see cooked, chopped veggies being added to the soup to bulk it out. :)

I was meaning make a whole new soup from just your veg allowance, say using the no added salt boullion. I used to make 'free' soup all the time with ww but included carrots and parsnips etc which i know is not allowed.

Oh blimey, far too domesticated for me! :D

I haven't started S & S yet but I was thinking the same thing about making soup from veg allowance. Is it ok to use the boullion powder?

Back