Veritys Diary- Yeyyy stone and a half gone forever !!

Sorry guys for the delay ive been so busy with run up to christmas ive neglected my diary!! Im doing ok, lost 1lb last tuesday and got my weigh in tomorrow and im hoping for another loss. Im at 11lb loss now but I dont think im gonna get the 3lb loss i aimed for to make my stone off tomorrow but as long as I lose I can still get it off before xmas even tho their isnt a weigh in on xmas day!! xx how u all doing?

Well I lost 1.5lbs this week taking my total to 12.5lbs! Im going to a meeting on monday xmas eve! as my normal meeting is a tuesday so with xmas day and new yrs day it would be 2 meetings and 3 weeks til I got weighed so ive decided to go on xmas eve a day early and then hopefully the 2nd jan to minimise any damage!!

So I want 1.5 off in 5 days to get my stone off before xmas!! Im so happy this is the best diet ive ever done, i feel soooo focussed!

Hello and Happy New Year to you all!!

I was full of good intentions before xmas but they all went out the window unfortunately, I had a wonderful xmas and didnt go over the top but didnt count points which has resulted in at least a few pounds gain, I havnt dared to look just yet but im back on track today and have my weigh in on tuesday.

I get married in June (5 months to go!!) so im really nervous that im going to be stuck at my current weight around 21 stone :( I know its a challenge but i want to lose 5 stone in 5 months!! Its going to be tough but im determined to do this for my wedding and my fiance as well as myself! xxx How have you all done over xmas?

i didn't do too good either, but hey ho its back on track now. Wis you every success with getting the 5stones off.

at my biggest 19st 2 i did WW and lost 3.7 stones in 12 weeks so can be done.

Hi Verity,

You can do that 5 stones in 5 months if you are focused. Just picture yourself in your wedding dress 5 stones lighter and Im sure that will do the trick!

Good luck sweetie and remember we are all here with you every step of the way.

xx

Thanks girls, well so far today Ive had a tin of WW chicken soup which I love and even ate it before following WW. 4 Slices of bread which is still a lot but im getting it down from what I used to have. And I did pick a cheese slice out of the fridge this morning woops!! So im on 9 points so far and have 19 to go.

I got a new exercise DVD for xmas (think my fella is dropping hints!) lol, so im going to try that out today, its the claire sweeney weight watchers one i wanted last year and he managed to get it on PLAY.com, anyone tried it?

I

oops I clicked enter by accident!!

I cant believe that 5 months from tomorrow i'll be getting married, and hopefully 5 stone lighter!!

Im 21 in June and I get married 4 days later and have our whole lives ahead and I dont want to be the one in the marriage holding us back from doing the things we want to do like having children, going on adventure holidays, going for nice walks with our puppy Princess Poppy Love, I want to be the fittest ive been for a long long time for my wedding and new married life!!

Also I move house in a few weeks into our first flat together with a mortgage!!! We have rented for 2 years together but now feel ready for a mortgage so thats going to be stressful, (MIGHT HELP WITH THE WEIGHT LOSS!!)

Well ive bored you enough now, lets do this for 2008 wooo hooo!!! xx

Good luck on the restart Verity. Take it easy with the exercise if you haven't done much before. You could end up putting yourself off. Start off slowly and build up. It'll be no time at all before you'll see improvements in your health, fitness and shape.

Not long now till the wedding. Have you started looking at dresses yet? I got married in 2001 at 17st 7 (possibly more) and ended up buying my dress in New York (a friend lives there) as I couldn't get a dress to even try on over here. It was a US size 22 and was FABULOUS with a full length train and a stole to match. (I still have it in my attic.) I should probably get it out and get it cleaned and stick it on e-bay.

Ive got my dress, I got it a few months ago when i was over 22 stone so its big on me already, the dressmaker said she can take it in 5 sizes so not to worry about losing weight!! Its big and beautiful and halterneck which i liked as its a bit different, I love it and im sticking to the diet as I want to do it justice!! im getting married at Best Country House Hotel Northumberland, Weddings, Conferences, Golf, Leisure, Spa if you want to have a look xx

5 months to go!! WOW you must be SO excited :)

The hotel looks gorgeous!

The only thing Id say is to aim for 5 stones loss in 5 months on WW is possibly not a great idea. You have to remember that WW say 1.5/2lbs a week is the norm - thats half a stone a month. Youre aiming for double that. I know, I sound like the voice of gloom but I know from experience how disapointing it can be if you do set yourself an unatainable target. You then think youre failing if you dont meet it & forget to look at the amount you ARE losing.

You could probably lose 2.5/3 stones on WW before the big day - and we'll all be here rooting for you :)

I would be with Marie and Starlight on this one Verity -

No one would EVER suggest to around here that "you couldnt do it" and Im not saying that you cant!! but, like Marie said, I think you would be better making a little bit of a more realistic goal - e.g. 3 stone (HUGE amount of weight to loose) and then anything after that being a big bonus.

Im just saying it because I know how disappointing it can be to set your goal and then not to achieve it (but lets face it, by any of us loosing any weight, we ARE achieving, just not hitting our set goal may make us feel like we're not) and I would hate for you to be down because of that -

I went wedding dress shopping on Sat and the lady (who was brilliant) gave me one brilliant piece of advise - she told me that although I want to loose weight etc, it would be fine but from her experience from dealing with brides, she would advise to loose what you loose, dont get too worked up about not achieving what you wanted to - she said if (and shes seen it happen) you get yourself all worked up about a particular weight you risk getting completely stressed out, your skin breaking out, hair loosing its lustre all because of it!!

I think you should stick to it and do your best and know that you will be a stunning bride!!!! with a beautiful "new" figure (and 2, 3 off stone will give you this!) glowing skin and a smile!!!!

The very best of luck pettal!! you'll do brilliantly

Back