vixta1's food diary green and red days ADVICE NEEDED PLS

vixta1

well here goes.. its my second day of sw so still unsure of things.. hope i done ok 2day!

green day-

*breckfast- banana and fat free activia yogurt
*dinner- boiled potatoes, cabbage, carrots, peas
*snack-activia yogurt and banana
*tea-jacket potatoe, cottage cheese, sweet corn and small amount of pasta. then fruit and activia for dessert
*supper- small bowl of home made noodles, (egg noddles with curry powder on) fallowed by some strawberrys.

omg after id wrote this i didnt realise how much id had today :S
can anyone tell me if this is ok on a green day x

Last edited:
Hi, it doesn't look like you've had your healthy extras today.. and you should have between 5-15 syns per day and it looks like you haven't had any there either. You will loose better, and be able to maintain it longer if you have your healthy extras and your syns :)

ohh ok thanks i will try and get some in 2morrow, i thought if just stuck to the free stuff id do better lol x

It's quite common when people first start that they think if they skip the healthy extras and syns they'll do better but, honestly, you'll do better with them. You need you healthy extras as they make sure you have enough calcium in your diet (those are your healthy extra A choices) and enough fibre and some times good fats (heathy extra B choices) Your syns equate to approximately 300 kcal of food over the day. By missing them out you won't even loose a lb a week.. but having them will make the plan easier to stick to long term.. it's no fun going with out chocolate altogether! :) Good luck for today :D

hey guys! well its my third day and i think the plans finally sinking in!
heres my dairy for today :)

*breckfast-banana
*dinner-bowl of pasta and sweetcorn and a banana
*teatime-home made quorn cottage pie and peas (threw most of it away didnt like the taste on quorn :s)
home made rice pudding made with a muller and rice..(also threw most of this away cos i didnt like it lol)
*evening snack - bowl of low fat chilli super noodles and cheese (my A HE)
and im goin to have an options hot choc cos i aint used my sins

hope this diet works now :( i seem to be eatin loads compared to when iv been on calorie controled diets where i have hardley anything to day all day x

Hi there, I just wanted to say hi :)

I only started last week (am doing Extra Easy) but wanted to let you know that I am having the same problem as you! I have been using my healthy options but struggling to use the syns up. :confused:

It feels wrong to just eat something 'bad' because you need to esp. if you aren't hungry or craving it. Until today I wasn't hungry at all as was filling up on veg mainly! So I've had a bad day but I have still managed the day just using 1.5 syns so far but I think I am going to have something later as feeling very peckish!

I guess it'll just take us a while to get our head around it all and that eating lots of the right things isn't bad.

Good luck with it all x

hey thanks for the message!
aw i know its seemed alot of hard work when i first started reading the books but im gradually gettin there now lol
esp as iv just found loads of stuff which are free on green days that i love! pasta and sauces and low fat noodles! i think im goin to really love being on this diet if :) x

hey was just wondering as pasta and sauce is free would it be ok to have 1 of dinner tea and supper? lol i only found out they wer free 2day and i absolutly love them, and would be perfect for me as im a rubbish cook lol x

I think most of the pasta n sauces are free. However, having them for your main meals you will miss out on HEX and superfree food which some will help speed your weight loss up.

Try putting them on a plate and having salad with it or pour them over a jacket potato on a green day. Fills you up better and potato is free on a green day.

Put some mixed veg with it.

xx

ohh thats actually a great idea to hav it with a jacket! ohh got me thinking now could add sweet corn and veggies couldnt i. thanks very much hun!! i thought i was goin to struggle with this diet, but im lovin it! hope it works now x

well its day 4! and im still goin strong and really getting in to the swing of things now :)
thought id do my diary early 2day as i hav a long day in work and hav made all my food ready :)

*breackfast- 2 boiled aggs with 3 nimble bread (HE.B) with 1 laughing cow extra light (1SYN)
*dinner-jacket potato, cottage cheese and a bowl of sweetcorn and a banana and clementine for desert
*supper time snack- low fat chilli super noodles and cheese (HE.A)
*snacks for the day-loads of fruit
and 1 options hot choc for b4 bed (1SYN)

well i think iv actually got in to the swing of usin my HE's now, still not really usin my syns but i find i get more than enough food from the free stuff :)
comments would be appericiated on how u think i could improve and what u think x

Hi Vixta

See your getting into the swing of things :D

I hate being the voice of doom but:

Nimble is 2 slices for HEB (it used to be three) so if you were counting that 3 slices as your 2 HEBs for the day then you missed out on a slice!

Options hot choc is 2 syns per sachet (unless it is the cracking hazelnut flavour then for some reason it is 1.5 syns. I get those if at all possible but they're hard to find sometimes :p)

Don't forget you can have more syns and still loose weight. If you are too strict with yourself you may find it hard to keep up to. if you're struggling to fit them in with everything you are eating then aim for 5 per day. Looks like you've only had 3 today! :)

I think most of the pasta n sauces are free. However, having them for your main meals you will miss out on HEX and superfree food which some will help speed your weight loss up.

Usually when I have the pasta and sauces I nuke one of those bags of steam veg (I usually get the ones with carrot, broccoli and sweetcorn in) while it's cooking then stir that in just before serving. I also crumble in 3 x babybel light (HEA) which goes really gooey and stringy and is lovely. I usually get the chicken and mushroom flavour. :)

ohh well i didnt kno that about nimble, thanks for letting me know :)will make sure i dont go ova next time now.
thanks for the comments guys there really helpfull, think id be mega stuck if it wasnt for this forum lol xx

day off work today so goin to go shopping and do some cooking later and test out these SW chips! cant wait!! will update my diary later when i kno what i will be havin. weigh days looming soon too only a few days to go, im kinda nervous and excited! lol x

I'd be hungry if I ate what you do - so don't worry about eating too much!

'B' choices on green days also include fish and meat (unless you are a total veggie, in which case I apologise!), nuts, cheese, as well as bread & cereals!!

As for syns, they're not just there for 'bad' stuff - you can use them for gravy, sauces on pasta, tomato ketchup with your SW chips later! Or you can 'treat' yourself on chocolate or crisps - it'll keep you on track!!! It says in the book to have between 5 and 15 syns a day - it doesn't say between 0 and 15 syns a day!!!

Good luck :)

Looks like you're doing great Vixsta! It takes a while to get your head round it all doesnt it :eek:)

Bee x

I'd be hungry if I ate what you do - so don't worry about eating too much!

'B' choices on green days also include fish and meat (unless you are a total veggie, in which case I apologise!), nuts, cheese, as well as bread & cereals!!

As for syns, they're not just there for 'bad' stuff - you can use them for gravy, sauces on pasta, tomato ketchup with your SW chips later! Or you can 'treat' yourself on chocolate or crisps - it'll keep you on track!!! It says in the book to have between 5 and 15 syns a day - it doesn't say between 0 and 15 syns a day!!!

Good luck :)

im not a veggie dont worry, with me i cant take it or leave it tbh it dont bother me lol
im tryin to get more syns in its just i dont feel i need them so much since i started this diet, i think its cos iv been on such drastic diets in the past my body must be savoring all the food im actually gettin now with my free foods lol
i will be usin them on gravy like u said tho :) i had a sunday dinner with which consisted of just veg and its wasnt the greatest but i was scared to use the sins lol but now after what everyones said about needing them i will defoo be usin some syns up!
im really enjoyin this diet, which is a first for me. defo goin to stick this out in my mission to be thin by summer! :) xx

well had my day off so went and done my food shop, stocked up on loads of fresh fruit and veg, muller lights, pasta and sauces and noodles :)

my food dairy for today

*breckfast-banana and muller light
*dinner-sw sortay potaoes instead of the chips(was soo yummy! was unsure how much frylight to use tho!)
roasted onions and mushrooms with some garlic and a pile of veggies fallowed by a muller for dessert.
* supper 2nite- im goin to have a pasta and sauce with some cheese (HE.A) and some grapes.
* snack- muller yogurt and some fresh pineapple :p

xx

Last edited:
Back