walking

Sixpack

Just started walking 6 miles a day, hope to see results soon!! can't afford gym etc

Iv'e noticed i'm going to the toilet alot more and drinking loads of water!!

Anyone else achieved good results by eating healthy and walking?

I did a couple of years ago, when I was 17/18. I can't run to save my life, so I went for walks. Surprisingly, I began to enjoy my walks, as they became "me time". I lost nearly 2st then (though I have put weight back on since). But yeah, eating well and walking does work. :)

Some people did scoff, like "walking's not proper exercise!" :rolleyes: but it worked for me, so sod them. :p

Hi,

I have managed to lose over 8 stone(in approx 8 months)by healthy eating(sort of following the general principles of Slimming World, which is healthy eating by any other name)and by walking. I started out walking slowish and for a little bit at a time and eventually worked up to fastish and to my current weekly total of 5 1/2 hours a week, or more(split up approx 4 x30 mins and 3x 1hr 10 mins). I find my MP 3 player is invaluable. Walking to fast tracks mean you walk faster without realising it(and it distracts you from the pain of exercising/the gasping for breath/boredom etc, hee). I also download audio books, which I love listening to.

I reckon I have lost double the amount that I would have, just by dieting(yes, I have dieted before but never bothered with exercise). I am hoping that this will be the secret to long term maintenance.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice girls, I walk 3miles in the morning and 3miles at night.... I have noticed sometimes the only part that gets sore is my ankles?!!?

Is this just because of the extra weight??

Thanks for the advice girls, I walk 3miles in the morning and 3miles at night.... I have noticed sometimes the only part that gets sore is my ankles?!!?

Is this just because of the extra weight??

Yeah, it probably is. It could also be because it's something new that you haven't done much before. It's the same thing for me. Unless it's something else, the soreness will go away soon.

Walking is good for you and if you can try power walking as its a little more intense. Soon as the weight starts disappearing you will find your joints will hurt less as there under less strain, you will obviously get fitter and well you might end up jogging :D

Hi everyone, I am on my journey to loose 3 stone: one gone!! Yeah!
I love walking too and trying to do more, and finding it easier now I am bit lighter. Lol
I hurt my Achilles last year from skipping!!! And the are only just healing now: so remember to warm up before walking and stretch those muscles :) don't want anyone else in that much pain.
Tx

I am very blessed as we live in a lovely part of the country. Lots of rivers, woodland and beach right here. Beach only 2 miles away, river walk across the road! I love walking alone and with friends. Depends on my mood!

Relle, It's actually part of a bus route i used to drive :) just myself an the ipod power walking lol

Also this is a good site for planning different routes

Gmaps Pedometer

Last edited:
I just had a chicken curry, feel really bad!! think i might go for a 3mile power walk!

Weigh in on monday:cry:

I get those guilty feels too, I have a cadbury creme egg in the fridge, I'm tempted but is it worth it? Then I think, oh, its the weekend, I can work it off tomorrow? Hummmm....

xxx

I get those guilty feels too, I have a cadbury creme egg in the fridge, I'm tempted but is it worth it? Then I think, oh, its the weekend, I can work it off tomorrow? Hummmm....

xxx

:) during the week no probs with the "healthy eating" come the weekend i always feel the need for badness:cry:
think i might go out and sweat it off!! on a Saturday night as well i must be mad!!

K x

Back