Wannabslim's Atkins diary- day 3

I go for an Indian each week. Go for tandoori meat or fish with a salad. Its sooooooooo tasty. Just avoid the naan bread/rice etc. I have a spoon of sauce or two, but not much as I don't know what they put in it. Enjoy hun.

Yep hun...I've had that every week (I even had it when on CD 810 plan).

Morning everyone, just checking in to update you all on my progress.

First things first, fantastic news... I AM IN THE TWELVES.... so thats 8lbs down in 5 days! :D so chuffed!!! :D :bliss:

So, what did I eat yesterday.. erm.... it was interesting!:

Brekkie: 2 frankfurters
Lunch: Rib eye steak with fried egg, mushrooms and salad
Dinner: a piece of chicken, 1 mini babybel, 1 third of a jelly babies ice lolly and a (hehe) vodka with diet bitter lemon. I needed it. I was stressed. It didn't do any damage, clearly, as the scales are 2lbs down today!

Am working all day today so won't be about, will do my best to be good and taking my shake with me just in case the provided meals are not "atkins-friendly". Am planning a Chinese for this evening, but we shall see!

Am really enjoying Atkins still, can't believe tomorrow is day 7 already- its flown by. Doing CD it seemed like forever to get to day 7, so I am pleased that its passed so quick and I am especially glad I decided to take the plunge last Sunday, as otherwise I would still be 13st 7lbs and no closer to goal, instead of 12.13 and only 1st 12lbs away!!!

:) :) :)

xxx

so pleased for you hun, brilliant

sue xx

Hiya gang, just stopping by to fill my food diary in really. My main diary on Members Only tells of everything else!

Eaten today (in no particular order as was on a 12 hour shift at work)

- 1 chicken thigh with mozzarella and bacon
- chicken in curry sauce
- 3 peperami
- 2 cheese string

Thats it. A bit random I know but when you are working 12 hours with no break its hard to get anything in so quick snacks were all I could manage alongside the curry thing for lunch (the others at work all had it with rice and veg, so I felt a bit sorry for myself but at least I was eating and it filled the hole).

Hoping for another lb down tomorrow... is that wishful thinking? I dunno if it will happen but if it does I will be so chuffed! Especially the rate I've been losing it, if it carries on at the same rate I should be down at least 2lbs between this mornings WI and Monday morning (week 1) WI... meaning I could potentially be 12.11 at the end of week 1, giving me a loss of 10lbs in one week!

But I am not expecting anything. Even if I didn't lose any more this week I would still be happy at 8lbs lost!!! :D :D

Really glad I tried Atkins now, its already changing my life! Just need to make sure I see it through to goal!

xxx

Am struggling today and doubting whether I want to carry on. I know I should, but I dont want to!

Where to start... literally I am broke and all this meat, eggs and cheese is costing me a small fortune, I am fed up of having to pay through the nose for a steak when I go out for lunch cos there's nothing else I can have, I crave fruit, I miss flavours....

arrrrgh! I know I should stick with it but am paranoid that I will cheat soon if I can't have something different, and when I cheat, I cheat spectacularly!!

I just want to eat normally for once :( :( :( why cant I just blink and all the weight be gone?? :( xxxx

really enjoyed reading this thread , can't wait to get another stone off then i'll be joining you all in the meat frenzy. got another 5lb off this week so hopefully it won't be too long coming.

Dancing- thank you so much for that, it was more helpful than you can know. I have decided to try Atkins Induction properly for the next week but if I really can't manage without fruit I will definitely take your advice.

You are so right about the cost vs. CD thing, and for example I just got back from a weekly shop which cost me £27- thats all my meat, veg, eggs and cheese for the week, plus 2 bags of salad, 2 dips, a big cucumber, some soft drinks, a tub of splenda, 2 pots double cream and a packet of (tesco value) smoked salmon. Am gonna try not to eat peperami this week (hence the salmon as a tasty snack instead!).

Have just followed a recipe for lemon fool and it is delicious, and satisfying any naughty cravings I had. Its just double cream whipped with lemon juice and Splenda to taste, and is fab!! Will maybe resort to this as an occasional treat (not too often as double cream is SO bad for ya- i havent yet had any cream on Atkins for this reason), also I have 2 yummy low carb dips which I am going to use as dunking for cucumber sticks as a snack.

Breakfast this week will be sausages (i found some low carb, quick cook organic ones and they were reduced) and/or bacon and eggs. So that will be the plan for that.

Evening meals may consist of chicken, sausages or burgers with various types of cheeses and salad or veg, although I am going out a couple of times this week so my main meal will be covered then- and I'm not paying for either! :D

But yeah I think over time if I can stick to Atkins it will definitely work out cheaper than CD, you are very right there!

Scousemouse, what are you using to help you lose weight at the moment? Will be good to have you about, welcome!

xx

Good morning everyone... or should I say good afternoon! Only just got up after having a few drinks at the pub then bringing the party back to our place last night! I had such a good time and am so glad that I can drink on Atkins...

Was a little worried what the impact of drinking might be on my loss but I needn't have........

I AM 12 STONE 11!!! :bliss: So the random fluctuation of yesterday has gone plus an extra lb! :D :D :D I am so happy!!

Whooooop whoooop! Only 1 stone 10lbs to goal and it IS doable. So I am VERY glad I stuck to Atkins now and I know it is going to pay off.

So, no more miserable Nikki. I will stick to this properly and see it through, no more thinking of quitting, no more chopping and changing. This is it. My "golden chance" will be my only chance and I will make the most of it.

Wish me luck!! x

Oooooooooooh yay and have just updated my ticker and am now in the BMI 28s, not been there for over a year!!!

hi guys, quick question. what can you eat on a typical aktins type diet, and are you allowed wine? how many carbs are you allowed daily? xxx

hi wannabslim i'm doing LT at the moment on my 5th week and finding it easy to do at the moment. sorry for jumping in on your thread but i can't wait to get going on the atkins so couldn't resist reading what lovely protein i can enjoy soon

hi guys, quick question. what can you eat on a typical aktins type diet, and are you allowed wine? how many carbs are you allowed daily? xxx

oh and how much on average could you lose a week?

Scousemouse, its fine honestly, don't apologise!

Jackie, you need to go into the main part of the Atkins forum, my diary won't give you the info you are looking for and both the questions you have asked are answered already in there! There is a thread entitled something like "losses on Atkins" and there is a whole section on the 4 stages of Atkins which is a sticky. Check them out.

Well guys, am just enjoying a plate of organic low carb sausages and a fried egg. Still can't quite get my head around this and how it all works but hey, I'm not complaining! 10lbs in 1 week speaks for itself :D :D

Thanks Dancing hun, I am giving it my best shot as want to end this whole dieting malarky once and for all!

xx

Well, week 1 WI was 11lbs off :) brillopads! Am still sticking to it, altho had 1 square of dark chocolate this morning (1.5g carbs) but it wasn't actually as nice as I remembered it so stopped at 1 square...

... scary really, think this diet is actually having an impact on my taste preferences! Which is good :) woohooo!

Won't be around for a few days so will update you probably Friday night or Saturday depending on how I'm doing.

Have a good week guys xx

that s great hun, keep up the good work xxxx

Righty well am offskies in a bit. Still love Atkins and am so glad I have stuck with it. Before I go just an update on todays food consumption (be warned, tis a bit random....)

Brekkie: 1 egg done with salt and pepper in the microwave, not stirred (it rises round shaped and ends up flat, like an omlette, then when cooked, rolled with 1 slice tesco light choices cheese. I love Atkins! Total carbs: 0g.

Lunch: smoked salmon slices rolled with onion and garlic dip...mmmm.... I LOVE ATKINS! Total carbs: 3g

Snack/a late dessert from lunch: lemon fool (yummy but now full to bursting- I love Atkins!). Total carbs: 0g

Dinner will probably be a salad to get my veggie intake in.

Feel absolutely stuffed now after that lemon fool, but its so yummy and easy I couldn't resist!!

Did I mention I love Atkins!?

Hehe, have a good few days everyone! xx

Back