Wedding and Bikini Body Diary Target member:)

That's lovely, Kefalonia for us we've not done much yet as it's still 6 months away. I'm not looking forward to the legal stuff is there a lot of paperwork to complete? Have you got your dress? I've not tried any on as of yet I want to get to my goal weight first, cutting it fine!

Hi subscribing :)
I got married in sept abroad it was amazing,, worth the hard work! Xx

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3

Just thought I would say we want on holiday to Rhodes a few years ago and saw several weddings in Lindos St Paul's bay, it is a beautiful location for a wedding, is that where you are getting married?

Ah, yes our ceremony is at St Pauls Chapel, so that’s really good to know! Thanks :) it looks beautiful on the pics, I can’t wait to see it in real life now x

That's lovely, Kefalonia for us we've not done much yet as it's still 6 months away. I'm not looking forward to the legal stuff is there a lot of paperwork to complete? Have you got your dress? I've not tried any on as of yet I want to get to my goal weight first, cutting it fine!

It’s not too bad, I’m just a worrier and constantly panicking that we’ll do something wrong or something won’t get somewhere in time, lol. Not sure if your process will be the same but I’m guessing it will be as it’s Greece. First of all we had to get our new passports and order copies of our birth certificates, I was a wreck waiting for those to arrive. Then we have an appointment on 11th March at the register office to get our CONIs (certificates of non impediment), this appointment has to be 3 months before your ceremony, my wedding planner keeps telling me how important the timing is which doesn’t help my panic lol. Then we have to send the CONIs and the birth certificates to somewhere in Milton Keynes to be legalised/apostille stamped (whatever that is). Then when they come back we have to send them to our wedding planner in Greece. I just want it sorted now so I can stop worrying lol.

Oh yes I got my dress really early, I started looking in summer 2012 and ordered it at end of 2012, it arrived in June last year. I thought it would be good motivation but somehow I still left my weight loss until 5 months before my wedding, always the last minute with me! I ordered the size below what they measured me as and I actually fit into it now, they said if I stay as I am it probably won’t need alterations but I want to lose more so I feel happy in a bikini etc. I would get looking soon, if you’re planning to order from a bridal shop they say to allow at least 6 months xx

I do, its in the silver section, not sure if U can view it yet think U need around 100 posts but cant remember completely lol

Just to say the paperwork can be daunting but its not as bad as U think :) I did it without any help atall, I dealt with the registrar office myself and all went well.

I left my dress till the last minute, well I bought a dress in a size 12 when I was size 22 like a year before to make sure I lost weight lol managed to get in it vut wouldn't zip over my boobs!! Glad tho as I found the perfect one about 8 weeks before phew!! Xx

Thanks for the heads up on the legal info, i understand why you have been panicking I bet I will be too! Can I ask, the fees are around £500 aren't they do they need to be paid after or before the wedding? Just trying to sort finances out at the minute on what we've got to spend on what, didn't think It'd be so stressful going abroad but it's hard when things aren't in your hands.

wow you got your dress in good time, well done on slimming down for it there's nothing more motivating than thinking about looking good on your wedding day. I'm hoping to find a dress next month it's risky leaving it late but I know I won't be happy trying them on til I've lost a few more pounds.

have you decided how your transporting your dress over with you? I haven't looked into that yet hmmm

Thursday 20th February got a busy day!

breakfast
mint crunch hifi hex b 1

lunch
savoury rice f

Dinner
chicken hex b2
nandos sauce 1 syns
bread 5.5syns
spread 2 syns

cup of coffee 1 syn and part of hex a

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the legal info, i understand why you have been panicking I bet I will be too! Can I ask, the fees are around £500 aren't they do they need to be paid after or before the wedding? Just trying to sort finances out at the minute on what we've got to spend on what, didn't think It'd be so stressful going abroad but it's hard when things aren't in your hands.

wow you got your dress in good time, well done on slimming down for it there's nothing more motivating than thinking about looking good on your wedding day. I'm hoping to find a dress next month it's risky leaving it late but I know I won't be happy trying them on til I've lost a few more pounds.

have you decided how your transporting your dress over with you? I haven't looked into that yet hmmm

I don’t think it’s quite that much but yes not cheap either :-/ it’s £30 per document for them to be legalised (when you send them to Milton Keynes) before sending them to Greece) so if you’ve not been married before it’s usually 2 documents each (your birth certificate and your CONIs), so £120. Then it’s costing us 70euros per document for them to be translated in Greece (I’m not sure if the translation is essential, not 100% though) so 280 euros, roughly £230. So yep it’s about £400, eeek.

Lol, I didn’t really plan on getting it that early but I found one and just knew it was the one I wanted so I just went ahead and ordered it! You could always buy one ‘off the peg’, a lot of shops will be selling their samples soon to make way for the new season stock so you might pick up a bargain that way.

I’m taking my dress as hand luggage – no WAY am I checking it in as hold baggage, I’d end up having a nervous breakdown on the flight worrying about them losing it lol! You can either just get a hand luggage sized bag and put it in there (you can ask your dress shop to help you pack it), or you can get wedding dress travel boxes, that’s what I’m doing. They are made to a certain size so that most airlines will accept them as hand luggage, if you have a look here: Travel Wedding Dress Boxes (hopefully I’m allowed to put that link, not 100% sure!) it shows you all the boxes and lists the airlines that accept them x

I got the wedding dress travel box there great :) although I had to sit and stamp on my dress to get the damn thing in :-O

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3

Lots of sending and paying then by the looks of things I need to get on to my planner and see when I need to start this process I think.

Thanks for for the link for the wedding dress boxes they look really nice it'd be a good idea to get it handcuffed to you so you know where it is at all times haha one of my concerns is leaving the dress and wedding things in the hotel when going out what If it gets broken into? I'm not very trusting am I but there's lots of what ifs that keep on popping into my head.

Lots of sending and paying then by the looks of things I need to get on to my planner and see when I need to start this process I think.

Thanks for for the link for the wedding dress boxes they look really nice it'd be a good idea to get it handcuffed to you so you know where it is at all times haha one of my concerns is leaving the dress and wedding things in the hotel when going out what If it gets broken into? I'm not very trusting am I but there's lots of what ifs that keep on popping into my head.

Don't worry too much, you don't need to get the CONIs yet as they are only valid for 3 months from the date of issue so they tell you to book the appointment for 3 months before your wedding date (and then it takes a couple of weeks to get them). It's worth getting the other bits you need now though like copies of your birth certificates and new passports if you need them.

Haha oh don't worry I'm terrible for worrying about stuff like that, glad I'm not the only one! x

Thanks a lot, it's nice talking to someone who's in the same situation. I'm currently deciding on how I'm going to make the invitations, so much to think about.

Friday 21st February

breakfast
mint crunch hifi hex b

lunch
pasta f
tuna hex b 2
mayo 1.5 syns
hot pepper sauce 0.5 syns

lunch
Spoonful of chicken tikka madras sauce
Onion bhaji
rice f
(going to say this is the rest of my syns )

syns

Last edited:
Had the day off yesterday oooops as we had friends over!

Sunday 23rd February

breakfast

bacon
ketchup 1 syn
1 slice of bread 5.5 syns
Grapes sf

I need to not let life get in the way of healthy eating, I've got the house stocked up now with lots of healthy food so no excuses! Going to plan for tomorrow now...

Breakfast
2x Weetabix hex b
milk hex a
banana sf

Lunch
bread hex b 2 + 2.5 syns
ham f
salad sf
mustard 0.5 syns
Cheese rest of he a

Dinner
Jacket potatoe
cheese hex a2
2 sausages 14 syns

snack
mini cheddars 6.5 syns
2x small glasses wine 9 syns

Syn total

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, it's nice talking to someone who's in the same situation. I'm currently deciding on how I'm going to make the invitations, so much to think about.

Ooh well done for making your own, I don't have the patience, I'm just not good at stuff like that! If you go on some wedding websites there's a couple with good chat forums and you can get lots of ideas off there x

I've got lots of ideas it's just finding the time to buy materials and start as I have two under two to look after. How many guests have you got going to your wedding?

I've got lots of ideas it's just finding the time to buy materials and start as I have two under two to look after. How many guests have you got going to your wedding?

There'll be 23 people (not including us two) at our actual wedding abroad. The party back here I'm not sure, me and my friend started doing a guest list the other day and when it got near 200 I had to stop before I had a meltdown lol. How many at yours? x

Wow 200 that's loads it'll be nice to wear your dress again I bet! We have 40 guests and still some looking to book so doubt we'll have a reception at home as we'll be poor! We'd like a nice honeymoon too so going to have to make some sacrifices. X

Back