week 24 weigh in

Cookeh

Recovering Cookie Addict
Well that's another 2lbs off, yay. Slightly frustrating that my losses have slowed down to *regular diet* rates but I like the simplicity so I won't be switching.

Next weeks mini goal is to hit the 90lbs off. Never did I imagine I'd come this far :)

Fantastic Cookeh, a nice boost for you after a tough week for you. I found my losses slowing after 26 weeks and this influenced my decision to switch to GL. So don't worry if they slow a little. It just means you are nearly there! Hang on in there, you are doing fab.

Well done Cookeh - you're doing great:D

Well done sweetheart, you're doing brilliantly! You are nearly there so I guess that your losses are going to slow up a bit but don't give in!

Wow well done, almost there now!
May I ask what's "GL"? I've heard if GI but not GL x

well done hun keep up the good work your nearly there now :) x

Well done Cookeh, I am so proud of you! You're an inspiration xxx

WOW, well done you should be very proud of yourself

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi cookeh
Well done, to stay so focused, especially having switched diets, the temptation to cave in most be high, keep up the good work,
i'm off to boogle 90lbs on the weight convertor link now,
Sam:)

Yeye said:
Wow well done, almost there now!
May I ask what's "GL"? I've heard if GI but not GL x

GL is a more updated version of Gi as it takes into account the likely portion of the foods. For example, watermelon has a very high Gi rating but you are not likely to eat a whole watermelon. A slice if watermelon does not have high GL rating.

Aww thanks everyone I must admit it's been a struggle this past week, been under so much stress but the rewards are so worth it x

your a star girlie, i'm so happy for your sucess

GL is a more updated version of Gi as it takes into account the likely portion of the foods. For example, watermelon has a very high Gi rating but you are not likely to eat a whole watermelon. A slice if watermelon does not have high GL rating.

Molly's explanation is spot on. GL stands for Glycaemic Load and GL for Glycaemic Index. When selecting foods based on their GL rating you can sometimes include food that would have to be excluded purely on their GI rating and this is calculated based on the amount of the food you would eat as a typical portion.

Thornhill Cate said:
Molly's explanation is spot on. GL stands for Glycaemic Load and GL for Glycaemic Index. When selecting foods based on their GL rating you can sometimes include food that would have to be excluded purely on their GI rating and this is calculated based on the amount of the food you would eat as a typical portion.

Thanx ladies x

Back