Week 3 - lets get these scales moving!

Afternoon Becky. Hope you are feeling better today :)

Polyols are sugar alchohols like sorbitol, maltitol, used in a lot of 'sugar 'free'' sweets. They can be stalling for some people and also give you a tummy like Vesuvius.

Oh yeah!

I once binged on sugar free treats. I'd just had a box of them delivered and for some reason I couldn't stop eating choc and boilings and chewy sweets...

I paid for that weakness that night and the next day. Indescribable tummy side-effects!

And yeah they are notorious for stalling weight loss so go very very easy on 'em lol.

Hey CB thanks for the luck....how are you today? Has the bloated subsided? I lost 2lbs this week which was a complete shocker. I have heard that our TOTM can be extended due to the release of hormones. Dreading my TOTM eck xx

Hey girlies :)

I'm feeling a bit better today, increased my water intake and taking HRI water tabs - they seem to be working well. I had no idea about Polyols, will have to keep an eye on things.

TOTM has become a right pain in the backside and shows no sign of stopping - my mum is badgering me to go to the docs, i'm on Cerazette so surely this shouldn't be happening?!

How is everyone today? I hope you're all getting on okay. Rach, well done on the 2lbs!! Great news :D x

Hey CB. thanks fir congratulations but sorry to hear about ur prolonged TOTM!! How long has it been now? I would google ur situation and see if someone has posted a solution. I have never heard of ur medication so I can't help, sorry chick!! But I think that doing online research can't be bad?

How r u today? I woke up with the same banging headache as I went to bed with. More fluids I think as my stick was dark pink yikes!!! Xxx

Thanks Rach :) Think it might be a trip to the doctors soon, i've Googled it and a few people have a had the same situation but not quite as long.

Sorry to hear about the headaches hun, i had exactly the same thing until i started necking water! lol Hows your weekend going? xx

Hi CB,
I was similar when started CD only I would be on for 2days then of for a week then back on again, it soon settled down but its not convenient is it. I think your doing the right thing by going to the docs but I wouldnt tell him your following atkins, just a low carb diet.Docs are funny creatures.lol
Good luck..:)
x

Morning all, just tucking into my chicken and mixed leaves on lunch :) Last week at my current job - very sad but i know im doing the right thing by moving on...

How is everyone today? x

All well here CB, just having a break from writing a job interview presentation yikes hahahaha xx

The last week in any job feels weird..but you are right you are doing what's best for you. What's next for you? xx

Hey Rach, presentation sounds interesting! Ive had to do a few of those before too :) Whats the topic?

I work in marketing and i'm going to be moving back a bit closer to home working for an Aerospace company - very excited :D I work as part of a business development team at the moment and will do in my new role too, so nervous about everything!! xx

Crazybecky5 said:
Hey girlies :)

I'm feeling a bit better today, increased my water intake and taking HRI water tabs - they seem to be working well. I had no idea about Polyols, will have to keep an eye on things.

TOTM has become a right pain in the backside and shows no sign of stopping - my mum is badgering me to go to the docs, i'm on Cerazette so surely this shouldn't be happening?!

How is everyone today? I hope you're all getting on okay. Rach, well done on the 2lbs!! Great news :D x

I'm actually the same! When I start low carb I bleed for upto 3 wks.... There's nothing for me to worry about (I'm sure you know what I mean lol) down there but I'm used to it now..... It teaches
Me not to bloody cheat and have to go into ketosis again!

I'm also on the same pill

That is sooo reassuring to hear!! :) I thought there was something wrong lol So its just a reaction to Ketosis!?

I did a bit of research online and found it was happening to people on Cambridge, South Beach and other low carb diets! Its strange how just adjusting you eating patterns can affect your body xx

Hey Rach, presentation sounds interesting! Ive had to do a few of those before too :) Whats the topic?

I work in marketing and i'm going to be moving back a bit closer to home working for an Aerospace company - very excited :D I work as part of a business development team at the moment and will do in my new role too, so nervous about everything!! xx

Hey CB.. presentation done..the topic is about strategic educational issues...interesting how the recent government paper is now calling mental health, smoking excessive drinking as the 'diseases of lifestyle' :eek:

I am moving closer to home too...I am in two minds as my parents are critical parents and challengers of everything I do. I am not able to rely on them visiting me or doing anything for me. I have a very jealous mother who doesn't like it when I earn more than her....my love for her is unconditional but going from 50 to 5 miles away...tough one!!!

Your work sounds more interesting my OH is well into sci-fi, aerospace, space travel...I know your work is not not fantasy but what a buzz to say your work for an Aerospace Company. Well done CB!!! :happy096: xxx

Ah thanks Rach - i'll find out next week when i start, its going to be good fun i think (hoping it will keep me very busy too!!). I love working in Marketing, i've worked so hard over the past 3 years to get my ACIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) accreditation, 8 exams later and i think i'm doing the right thing by moving on in my career too.

Whens the interview? I wish you all the luck in the world!! :) Thats such a shame your parents cant be more supportive, then again moving back that close to home is such a huge life change - i too will find it difficult to adapt i think!

Onto the diet :D - had a MiM for lunch and my stomach is making some very very strange sounds now lol (its going to be a long night!). I have also decided to replace breakfast sausages with an atkins bar - i'm getting a bit fed up with sausage every morning :D xx

Hey Becky - what would you say were the best routes into marketing? I'm doing a degree in creative and professional writing but I'm not... really sure what I'm going to do with it. I used to be a marketing assistant for a big theatre - writing up press releases and designing ads but not really dealing with facts and figures. The creative side is more me. I'm just thinking about trying for an internship this summer but I'm not sure what type to go for.

Morning Becky, how's things?

Hey Becky - what would you say were the best routes into marketing? I'm doing a degree in creative and professional writing but I'm not... really sure what I'm going to do with it. I used to be a marketing assistant for a big theatre - writing up press releases and designing ads but not really dealing with facts and figures. The creative side is more me. I'm just thinking about trying for an internship this summer but I'm not sure what type to go for.

Rosebug, the method i used to get into Marketing was through The Chartered Insitute of Marketing - starting at the Professional Certificate Level 4 and working my way up to Level 6 Diploma. I was working whilst i studied which was hard work but paid off as i could use work examples for my assignments :) All the guys on my course said that they wished they had just done CIM and not bothered going to uni as a CIM qualification is more widely recognised these days?! I didn't go to uni, i used my work based experience and built-up from there. I love working in Marketing, theres a different challenge everyday and its good fun! :D

Another thing you could look at in association with your course is PR! Check out the CIPR website :)

Morning Becky, how's things?

Morning Jim. A bit miffed this morning, i have been tracking everything (still in ketosis) and according to my scales i have put weight on!? I'm hoping it is a fault with my scales and when i get weighed later i might see a result, but if i have put-on i dont know what i'll do...??

Just stick with it Becky, it will happen love

Back