Week 3 - lets get these scales moving!

whats the fat fast again?

there arent many calories are there? let us know how you get on?

The Fat Fast is pretty extreme and I understand that Dr Atkins advised it only for use in certain circumstances, for example to prove to an 'insulin resistant' dieter that carbs were the problem, and that it is the high amount of fat on the Atkins diet that mobilises our own body fat into being used as fuel.

Nutritionally the Fat Fast is not healthy for any length of time so please be careful! Atkins is about health as much as weight loss.

Haven't read this thread back in detail but if you are stalled - and stalls are part of this diet - try cutting down on cheese, nuts and sugar free treats. They are all notorious for stalling weight loss.

Another tip is to be careful about portion size. For some this does not matter; for others (myself included) it makes a real difference.

Good luck and enjoy your yummy food!

Apparently you can have between 1000 and 1200 per day so long as the fat to protein ratio is up to 90%. There a number of recipes for mini meals. Atkins advised that min-meals are preferable to one huge honking great big meal. If no go after 1 month I am in the fat fast lane xx

Wow thanks guys - i will have to have a proper look into this. Perhaps i do need a boost, but i was thinking earlier that my water intake isn't huge, perhaps i need to up that?

Anyone noticed a difference when they have drank more water? x

not so much in the weigh loss but the feeling sick works and it helps in the loo department xx

Wow thanks guys - i will have to have a proper look into this. Perhaps i do need a boost, but i was thinking earlier that my water intake isn't huge, perhaps i need to up that?

Anyone noticed a difference when they have drank more water? x

for me: more water = better weight loss:rolleyes:

Hi CB,

Just wanted to say Hi as I see your new too. I have just come to Atkins from the the Cambridge diet. Its my first proper day today and I am feeling very excited...and quite anxious as it all seems too good be true!! You seem very positive and moivated! Go Girl!

xxxx

Thanks Rach and Kate - i've gone to town on the fluids today so lets see if that has an impact first! It probably is something to do with my water intake, i'm not a heavy drinker at all! (my other-half always questions me if i'm sat with a glass of water, he starts to panic thats something is wrong lol!)

Hiya Chel! Good luck on the plan, i've got on really well with it so far - feel much better and less bloated than when i was on WW! :) My losses have been slow on the scales but my clothes feel much looser, i think the weight has come off in inches first :D xx

Morning everyone :) x

Morning Becky:)
Yep - always good to focus on the clothes. I'm treating myself to a little m&s shop today - so many big baggy clothes falling off :D

Ah fantastic Kate :) Sounds like good fun and a great reward!

I can't wait till i have to buy a whole new wardrobe - i'm sure my other half isn't looking forward to that tho :D

Haha. DH did make me go through my wardrobes this morning and throw a bunch of stuff out first!

Haha - typical male response to the phrase "i'm off out shopping" lol :) Its also nice to have the satisfaction of throwing out those baggy clothes!

Off round to the 'in-laws' tonight for Corned-Beef Hash, Yum! They're low-carbing too, but not quite as strict as Atkins :)

Ohh, had an awful night - i was sooo bloated and feeling god-awful. Decided i need to neck an awful lot of water to try and counter the bloating so that my challenge today!

Its a bit weird how i've suddenly puffed up all of a sudden?!

Hope you're all okay x

Hey CB, I have puffed up today. I think it maybe a reaction to to many polyols. I am drinking plenty so we shall see. I have my weigh in tomorrow which I am dreading. I am contemplating weighing myself only at 2 week intervals. I don't know. I've tried CD/LL,WW and SW I actually put on weight with both WW and SW. I shall keep going as I have to be patient. I would love to wake up tomorrow a size 12 haha. On day 12 and I am loving it. Looking forward to steak mushrooms bacon pieces egg and salad.

How do you feel now?
xx

Hiya Rach! :)
Still feeling rough, not goin lie i've been 'on' for 10 days now and i think its a result of the excess estrogen stored in my fat cells - its really bloated me out so i'm taking water tablets to try and get rid of excess water.

What are Polyols? I'm intrigued! Don't worry about WI tmrw - im sure you have done a grand job :) Let me know how you get on xxx

Polyols are sugar alchohols like sorbitol, maltitol, used in a lot of 'sugar 'free'' sweets. They can be stalling for some people and also give you a tummy like Vesuvius.

Hey Bex! Hope your getting on okay huni x

Back