Weekend away

Spinoza

Never give up
OK, this is my first big test after almost 4 weeks on TS. We're off for the weekend - staying in a nice hotel with my family (who know nothing about my diet). Will be eating low carb (but not low calorie), and not allowing any alcohol at all, sniff!

I did have a mad notion to take soups and ask the hotel kitchen to just produce them at lunch and dinner time when I order 'soup of the day' but I'm a bit embarrassed tbh - think it makes me look deranged! I've lost 2lb already this week, desperately hoping to maintain that loss till Monday. Wish me luck! :p

Good luck Waterworks,

You sound like you've got it pretty much sussed, and if you stay low carb you probably won't do too much damage. Your losses are fantastic so far, well done!! I think asking the kitchen to prepare the soup for you is a fab idea - I don't think it's deranged at all...and at the end of the day, are you ever going to see them again? Sod it, go ask!!

Enjoy the weekend xxx

Ha ha ha! That would be great but you'll be fine off plan. Have a fabulous time :D

Well, I did have a really good time, and I managed to stay pretty much on the straight and narrow. Calorie counted, had a bar and a shake every day plus something healthy like soup or salad, and even managed to fit in a sneaky glass of wine! Will be pleased with any loss tomorrow, and most important I showed myself I didn't have to go mad just because I wasn't at home. :)

Back