Weight loss again

Glad you know what's happening now. And congrats on that perfect fit. I tried on some 22 jeans yesterday. They did up but the fit was, shall we say, not perfect! So in my 22-24 george jeans today. I think my face is thinner - but thighs and hips lag behind.....
Hope yr busy day goes well.
Ali

Day 48. Maintain.
I promise i will get back to you w the recipe in a bit. Just a tad update on yesterday.
I had 1 exante shake as breakfast and then had nothing until the restaurant dinner date. Food was amazing. Had a main and cheese board as desert. I couldve done without the latter. Was not compelled by potatoe dishes on offer, just had beef w green veg. Couldnt finish my main and gave it to my partner - he was v happy about that lol. I didnt know how to count the ingredients so I logged it all on 1200 calories altogether - who knows if it was more or less. But if it was around that Id still have a deficit of 359cals for the day, not accounting for the 2 glasses of wine. Cannot believe that 7 weeks ago i wouldve easily drunk that whole bottle and had a 3 course meal and now....i struggled to eat or drink. That is progress I think!
I know i was back into keto before the meal - taste and recognisable breath were back and i couldnt stop shivering. So it seems I am temporarily able to get back into it despite 'normal' foods which is interesting. This didn't happen a few weeks back.
I ended up sharing a lovely bottle of wine with my partner, 2.5l water (oops!), 11.7k steps. Made the cake, all the shopping, wrapped presents, the whole lot. But by the end of the day I was properly beating myself up over the meal and wine. Although i decided weeks in advance that would be a break.
Anyhoo. Looking forward to all this to be over and done with so i can have a few days of vlcd exante-way. Ill be back fully on the no alcohol thing tomorrow morning and i am looking forward to that. Time to run extra errands. Will reply to posts during breaks. Have a great Saturday all!

Sounds like progress, Alecto :)

This dieting malarkey is all in the mind. It's a battle with our demons more than anything else, eh?
I have days where I just want to say sod it, I'll just be fat and do what I want, but then I realise that ultimately it wont make me happy or healthy. ( not that being thin will make me happy either) I sabotage myself when I'm unhappy, it's a pathway I made in my mind, I guess I need to sort that sh*t out.
When I'm feeling cynical I do wonder if people like us who post on forums such as this are just testament to the fact that 'diets' don't work and we perhaps should be posting on some kind of 'mental disorder' forum instead? I'm totally serious when I say that, but then again, members of diet forums do give each other mental support, so umm, oh I dunno, I'm waffling. :classic_roll_eyes::classic_big_grin:

Anyway, I hope things are improving for you. x

Day 49.69.3kg. Auch and wow.
Bbq yesterday went fine but really busy. Tonnes of people, food to be prepped, moved around etc. Been running around like the duracell bunny and only got to eat around 11pm when things had started to chill but with the tidying etc didnt go to bed until 3am. Had about 8units of alcohol I estimate and maybe or above 1200cals. I ate whatever was around and haven't calculated anything but apart from some 'naughty' unmeasured dips and potato salad i only stuck to the salad and bbqed meat. I know none of this is the best but it was a birthday party i hosted. Im back on clean from today. Gave tonnes of remaining food to guests when they left and that simplified things for the coming week. No more alcohol for a while (thank heavens, had enough this week), and for the rest of the week im doing 600cals to get me back in the zone (i will continue on some days to have real keto food as that just works really well for me rather than 3 exantes). It was fun but also glad it's over ...kind of- Still have to go to a restaurant tomorrow afternoon but i will stay within 600 for the day no matter what. Cannot believe this was my lifestyle (in terms of consumption) a few weeks back!

Last edited:
That s great things are as good as can be expected.

You 'll need to share this low cal stir fry, pleeeaasse 🙂x
And @RareKiwi27.

For 4 portions of aprx 400gr each coming at 196cals. I coated the pan with garlic fry light, cubed 480gr turkey breast (a whole morrisoms pack). When meat was done i put in 140gr spinach and 180gr cabbage. Let them wilt and decrease in size. Then slam in 1 chopped augergine (153gr), 1 chinese stir fry veg box (from morrisons, 320gr), 100gr mushrooms.
While everything is cooking mix the sauce: 2teaspoons ginger paste (8gr, next time im going to crush my own ginger), 1 maggie chicken cube and half veg cube, 2teaspoons sweet chilli (8gr), pepper to taste, soy sauce to taste, boiling water as much as youd like. I put in 200ml. Mix it all to ensure the cubes are well dissolved. Pour it over the stir fry, add some fresh coriander and let it reduce as much as you wish (i left it for about 20mins).

Week 8. Day 50. 68.2kg (10.74st, 150.3lb)
Week loss=500gr (1.1lb)
Overall loss= 9.4kg (1.48st, 20.72lb).
Finished yesterday on 4.25l water, 3k steps, 700cals made out of 2 exantes and 1 normal meal made out of salad and some stir fry leftovers. And about 12hrs of sleep overall. Ready for this new week and to start my trek to the new milestone.
Onwards and downwards.
Have a good week all!

Last edited:
And @RareKiwi27.

For 4 portions of aprx 400gr each coming at 196cals. I coated the pan with garlic fry light, cubed 480gr turkey breast (a whole morrisoms pack). When meat was done i put in 140gr spinach and 180gr cabbage. Let them wilt and decrease in size. Then slam in 1 chopped augergine (153gr), 1 chinese stir fry veg box (from morrisons, 320gr), 100gr mushrooms.
While everything is cooking mix the sauce: 2teaspoons ginger paste (8gr, next time im going to crush my own ginger), 1 maggie chicken cube and half veg cube, 2teaspoons sweet chilli (8gr), pepper to taste, soy sauce to taste, boiling water as much as youd like. I put in 200ml. Mix it all to ensure the cubes are well dissolved. Pour it over the stir fry, add some fresh coriander and let it reduce as much as you wish (i left it for about 20mins).

Thank you love, I will get on to this next week
Think you did really well at your bbq and back on it now get your groove on

Jx

Glad you know what's happening now. And congrats on that perfect fit. I tried on some 22 jeans yesterday. They did up but the fit was, shall we say, not perfect! So in my 22-24 george jeans today. I think my face is thinner - but thighs and hips lag behind.....
Hope yr busy day goes well.
Ali
You'll get there Ali, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Slow and steady wins the race ;) I think diets like this one are more about just being patient and hanging in there. It will all come down step-by-step

Sounds like progress, Alecto :)

This dieting malarkey is all in the mind. It's a battle with our demons more than anything else, eh?
I have days where I just want to say sod it, I'll just be fat and do what I want, but then I realise that ultimately it wont make me happy or healthy. ( not that being thin will make me happy either) I sabotage myself when I'm unhappy, it's a pathway I made in my mind, I guess I need to sort that sh*t out.
When I'm feeling cynical I do wonder if people like us who post on forums such as this are just testament to the fact that 'diets' don't work and we perhaps should be posting on some kind of 'mental disorder' forum instead? I'm totally serious when I say that, but then again, members of diet forums do give each other mental support, so umm, oh I dunno, I'm waffling. :classic_roll_eyes::classic_big_grin:

Anyway, I hope things are improving for you. x

They are and they will improve. It's just 'normal' daily ups and downs, isn't it. Sometimes things go nice and smooth other times it's bumpy. Regarding your cynical thoughts - which I get to an extent also - I don't think it's just us on these sort of forums nor do I believe that as a whole 'diets don't work'. I think it's a lot more patterned than that. Basically - we all have an emotional life. And none of us comes to this world with a handbook attached to our bums (although that would be well good) so we are all taught to deal with emotional events in various ways - with some things better, with other things not as well. For instance, I'm rather good in my day-to-day life when the sh*t really does hit the fan - like big events-type things. Although in my 'writing' I can process the emotions verbally, you would not see all that happening to me if you met me in person as I am being very efficient and 'on-the-ball' so to speak. In the past I would've kept hold of those things for weeks and it's only recently I taught myself to process such emotions sooner to prevent built-up over time. However, when it comes to small stresses - like missing a bus, having a weekly deadline or really small things, I worry and fret like mad. What I am trying to say is that we've all learnt to deal with stress-type events (big and small) in different ways and it's different things that will make us feel stressed (i.e. I may be scared of spiders, you may be scared of snakes) and we all continue to learn how to deal with such things throughout our lives - from what we read, experience, people we meet etc.

I don't think there is any one human being out there that doesn't end up dealing with these things, sometimes, in an less than useful way. Some people will end up sleeping lots, others will have panic attacks, some will spend their whole time 'avoiding' situations by playing computer games, hiding in good stories, watching TV a bit much or.... eating. None of these things is essentially bad, they're only bad when they become a bit much. Again, I don't think there's any such thing as a "perfect" human being out there who has not ever experienced too much-ness of one thing or the other to one extent. The issue with that only comes to light when either 1. the much-ness of whatever it is starts interfering with parts of your life (either work, friends, family etc) - with or without oneself realising that; 2. the much-ness starts bugging you to no ends and want to change it.

And I think this is where diets come in, as a mechanism. We all come into them with various triggers and ways of coping. Not all diets are made the same but their mechanisms have something in common - you (throughout I am referring to a general 'you') need to start being as aware as you can of what works, what doesn't for yourself. Not finding that does mean a diet might not work; and even if you realise, it is a thought and physical process, there's no way around it, so even then it's not going to be full-proof. After having spoken to people and having read diaries of all sorts of diets this does come through a lot - people become more self-aware of things, from how many calories a potato has, to emotional triggers (whether happy or unhappy), or when they want a take away and why.

I think having forums such as this one, Slimming World meetings (baby support groups even) and support of this sort out there is more a statement to the world acknowledging we need each other and we need social support in various circumstances, to be able to talk through these things, rather than living them in silence and on our own. For instance - I love the fact that I'm seeing mum-baby support groups in all GP practices - that is a statement to the fact that a pregnant woman or new mother should not go through all the changes on her own, and she can meet with people going through the same things to gain support; my mother, 30 years ago didn't have these things; my grandma, 70 years ago, when she became a new mother - no such thing. I think it is brilliant that we have these things in place nowadays and I hope that such support groups develop more in time, for those who have similar 'challenges' to be able to chat about the topics that interest them. I want to listen to all of your stories regarding your challenges and successes, and while someone else may sympathise and appreciate your efforts, I am not sure if someone who is going through, for example, 'the new mother changes' will be able to empathize with a weight loss journey to the same extent as someone who is going through the weight loss themselves at that point in time; and vice-versa. And it is not in any way due to not caring etc - it's just about the ins and outs and little details that we will want to share and have them understood. I guess it's just another type of 'hobby group' in some ways.

And re mental disorders - yes, more services and forums etc could be out there and I am sure they will develop in time. But not everyone who is emotional has a mental disorder and not everyone who wants to lose weight has a mental disorder. And there are different extents to the definition of that - from mildly sad for example, to feeling sad, to having episodes of depression, to having a major depressive disorder. And each of these inter-related with do you have a favourizing event (i.e. bereavement, acute or chronic illness) or a favourizing situation (i.e. higher deprivation, poor social support, etc), which if resolved in a pragmatic but also empathic manner would actually resolve the feeling? All we are is a mixture of physical and mental - if you have diabetes you may be more likely to have a lower mood (in certain circumstances), having a cardiac event increases the changes of having a low mood, which could potentially predict the next one. There is a very tight inter-relationship there, between physical and mental health, so it is very difficult to dissociate what came first in certain situations. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much research out there trying to figure out what would need to be dealt with first and what will work best for various people.

So I guess what I'm saying to the latter is... careful about the mental disorder label.... there was a really good article on the guardian a month or 2 ago about that whole thing. So I'm not going to get more into this as I think it's a bit of a can of worms. I can give you the link to the article and there are a lot of people's comments pro and con on there. I think it's a topic that one can speak about for a very long time, but overall we just need to be careful about using the term, I believe.
Aaaanyway - no worries about waffling, it was interesting what you said - and here I went as well... Hope you're having a good day, Keto :)

Last edited:
I was good yesterday and for most of today. Thought id be able to control the restaurant setting (brazilian all you can eat meat) but went side ways (i know i still ate 1 third compared to the others but i cannot fit well in my size 12 trousers now...). So...Not fully but sort of as i was left without my handy phone to log things as i eat and...eyeballed it all. Its a great restaurant, perfect for anyone doing keto dieting. Crap for calorie counting. So i stuck to the lean meats, and grilled non carb veg and tossed salads. Im sure though i went over the calorie limit which is a bummer. Well at least theres no more restaurant outings until december so ive got time. Also stuck to water. Best of all though - I really connected with my partner's family. It was a brilliant evening and i feel like for the first time it was a birthday outing where everyone connected and opened up nicely. My partner is so happy! So okay. Messed up the diet a bit but know can redress tomorrow morning. The smiles on their faces were priceless, however. Seeing his mum and cousin for a girly night for Mamma Mia on Wed. That is new and...cannot wait. Okay. New day tomorrow with no more restaurants after today!
Also on 4.25l water and 11.3k steps. 30mins of that was considered power walking (i have been running around today again) so im taking that as exercise. Excuses, aye? Need my exante soups back and this dreaded full feeling gone.

Last edited:
Right. So this is my diary and these are my ramblings and moaning and that's what a diary is for. Right? So. Ill be honest - Im incredibly frustrated that i had so many break days. Although they were preplanned and yadayada. I feel ive stalled my progress massively and this is not how i want to live. Im honestly not vv sure if i should be doing 600 or 800 any more due to my BMI already plus various advice im getting. But im thinking wiping the slate clean and doing one or the other on any given day but mostly with 800s when at least my steps are high on the day. I want to up my exercise a bit but i know from my previous weight loss how that can be a slippery slope. However i dont want to have to live my life on 600cals either! I know for a fact that i can do 600 but literally have to sit still for most of the day as i have no energy, concentration, I feel poorly and I dont feel i can function well enough even to drive a car... I had a plan earlier in my posts. Ill revisit that and my notes on arguments for it. But. I love my partner dearly...but....too many break days and im not loving that and the next 3 days until next in the groove of things might be difficult. Although i might be exaggerating as even today i was back in keto so it seems i reach it fairly quickly atm. Im not sure of any of this. Im only sure that i need to focus on having at max 1 normal meal a day, max 800 cals, and min 500cals deficit (that i can easily calculate) every day to reach my goal. Im not as much pi***d off at myself as i am at the situation of having to have food. Or...yeah...simply upset with myself that i didnt stick to it no matter what. But is that healthy living? Donno. Moany moan. Im back on tomorrow. No more restaurants and special events that last 3 days :/

Last edited:
Day 51. 68.5kg. :(

Sounds like you have a food hangover lady. Don’t tarnish these lovely memories. I think there needs to be give and take in the future, as that’s life for a very high percentage of us. You also made good choices which I think stands you in good stead for post diet life. The time was enjoyable but back on the wagon now. What that wagon looks like is up to you. You could be right about the need to step up as the calories aren’t providing enough energy points to do what you want to do. Is gym bunny still about she has loads of experience with food vs exercise.
You know what you want and need to be happy in the future and it’s a case of making your way there but it’s never a straight path
Jx

Day 52. 68.6kg. Mmm-kay
I decided yesterday i will go for 700cals every day to keep me in the middle. Its a good balance of having the energy, accounting for my not exercising yet, having 1 meal of low cal noncarb cooked food per day, but not going for 800/man plan - which i don't feel im comfortable with just yet. Finished yesterday with 2 exante shakes, one of my premade cabbage soups, 3l water, 10k steps.
I am patient to get back in the groove of things.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan! Do whatever you are comfortable with... 600 really is punishing if you have to move much during the day at all. I'm back to work in a couple of weeks and not looking forward to usual 18k step days... making a plan for those already. Your BMI improvement is awesome!

I would also say don't begrudge those days off if you got such good memories and family bonding out of them. Yes, weight loss is at the top of your list of priorities at this stage in your life, but those other things are so precious. Also the time is passed now... onto the next thing.

By the way, your post on mental health was fantastic, and I hope lots of people stumble upon it. Was the Guardian article you were referencing the one by Hannah Jane Parkinson? One of the most powerful things I've ever read.

Sounds like a good plan! Do whatever you are comfortable with... 600 really is punishing if you have to move much during the day at all. I'm back to work in a couple of weeks and not looking forward to usual 18k step days... making a plan for those already. Your BMI improvement is awesome!

I would also say don't begrudge those days off if you got such good memories and family bonding out of them. Yes, weight loss is at the top of your list of priorities at this stage in your life, but those other things are so precious. Also the time is passed now... onto the next thing.

By the way, your post on mental health was fantastic, and I hope lots of people stumble upon it. Was the Guardian article you were referencing the one by Hannah Jane Parkinson? One of the most powerful things I've ever read.

Aw thank you. Indeed, those moments are precious, and that is now done with so all good.
It was the Hannah Jane Parkinson one! It was brilliant. I have to admit I've printed it and placed it on the wall next to my desk at work!
Wow your work really keeps you on your feet! Im just regularly getting up and walking a bit every few hours since I started this whole thing. Otherwise i can really plod through a whole work day on max 2000 steps. V sedentary desk job! Having the basic energy to do this is really important I think!

Last edited:
In the end screwed up today. Wont go into details (about 200cals over plus 3 rums) but i felt quite lonely today. I really need to find a way to regroup. Might just go to bed with some mindfulness tape. Or rewatch the itv show that got me onto this from the beginning. Ill find a way. As there's a will.
I will apply the same strategy as when i started. I will stop posting for the next 2 days. I deal with this better if i focus on 1 thing. And i need a good think and close chat with myself. Like reshuffling my cards...Ill be back in a couple of days. Have a good rest of the week to anyone reading this.

Last edited:
Day 54. 67.2kg.
I'm back.
Yesterday was Day 53. I had a massive whoosh despite the food blowout. Im not sure how it happened but hey ho. Yesterday i was 67.6 and today I woke up with 400grams less.
I realised that I'm not yet sure how to handle food properly now that I've reintroduced it. I got used to restriction and feeling guilty and now I'm overdoing that in my mind despite my setting a plan for myself. It's silly and I know it's all in my mind. 700calories if no exercise, 800 if I do any sort of activities. But the comfort of 600calories was nicer somehow. Although understandably no longer sustainable for me. I will continue to think about this because Im currently on the path of the wonky thinking of too much restriction. The initial thinking that I bought heavily into it. Basically I'm a bit stuck in the all or nothing mode - wishing to not have more than 600 (despite the plan), then convincing myself my extra calorie plan is fine and going all out instead of restrcting the calories as I shouls. I think itll take me some time to adjust to the new pattern...Anyhoo. I'm rolling again food wise, I did well yesterday on the plan that I set, but I need to continue working on my thoughts.
Ive been finding it annoying that people around me all say i lost tonnes of weight and to stop dieting and giving me all sort of unwanted and unrequested advice. Ive been having it heavily over the past few days during social events. I wish theyd just mind their own business tbh.
Next week im travelling down south for the funeral. Decided not to take my partner along as he didn't know the person....but my mum, step dad will be there etc. I'm not lookimg forward to the the diet criticisms and advice and the 'one bite wont hurt you' things. The text messages regarding 'we need to speak about your relationship', 'why arent you coming sooner' etc have already started. Completely irrational statements with no factual basis but yeah...not looking forward to this.
While i could be doing better than i am on the alcohol restriction side of things my counsellor and I decided to aim for max 5days no alcohol per week until this is over. And if it so happens that on the day of the funeral I have a drink, not to beat myself up about it. Most importantly though, to have that drink if I choose it, in the memory of the person, and not because anyone in my family frustrates me. Work in progress.

Last edited:
Hey lovely just wanted to say that unsolicited advice, comments and bull is usually jealousy in my experience, aimed to demotivated or at worse damage your sense of self over you achievement. One of the things that helped me over the years is the ‘don’t take things personally’ part of the 4 agreements wish I could loan you my book.

I’ve had a off week myself but just know that a) your not alone b) you are stronger than you think and finally c) Do it for you.

Sending positive waves and strength. I have two funerals coming up and plan on only attending the service for self preservation!

Back