Weight loss again

I have no back pack ..... but lots of bags. I think I've carried around real baggage as well as the physical baggage of excess fat. Flylady helps me - and with the imminent end of my marriage, I am clearing up and out. The tip, Sue Ryder and my friend who sells antiques are all busy!!

Beginning Month 3. Week 9. Day 57.
67 kg (10.55st, 147.7lb)
Week loss= 1.2kg (2.64lb)
Month loss= 4.6kg(10.14lb)
Overall loss= 10.6kg (1.67st, 23.3lb).
My losses could've been better if not for the break days and then blow outs/difficulties getting on track. I'll get there though and I'm not complaining as I know what I've done, in what contexts and how to readress this.
Hoping to be in the expected/planned low 66kgs by the end of this week and I'm keeping my eyes on this prize. I am on schedule in terms of losses with the plan I've made for myself so that is grand.
Yesterday (Day56) was maintenance and fine in terms of food and water, lower on steps. I've got aqua aerobics today and a full day. So on I go.
Good start of the week to anyone reading this!

Last edited:
You're so close to half-way... Well done and keep trucking x
Thank you! I am indeed. That's the prize im keeping my eye on ;)

Day 59. 67.4kg.
The reason I'm posting less is that I am trying my best to focus this week. On Monday after a good day and aqua aerobics I had a few drinks and it turned into a not-so-good day. Between yesterday and today i slept for a total of 26hours. Yesterday I took 2 sleep breaks - one to have 1 exante bar and 1 to have the fish and chips I've been craving for 2 months (couldn't finish it). Took that out of the zone of my needing to control something else mentally. And at least those were the only 2 meals of the day and had nothing else after as I knew that would be about 1000cals altogether.
Woke up this morning feeling scared and frustrated. The sleep although it did me good, Ive realised its a method of coping - feeling like I want to run away. Sleep or alcohol - at least I chose the former and I will continue to do that... So...feeling mostly scared at the upcoming weekend - in so much I'm almost shaking; frustrated at feeling like this to begin with. Guilty also - but that's a constant in the week leading to seeing parts of my family - almost like nothing I do is okay and a mental battle between guilt and rebellion and my trying to tell myself how childish this internal mental battle is....yeah. It feels like my mental control just gets depleted over stuff that I know shouldn't matter as much as my journey....but unfortunately and automatically they do. To think that even the idea of getting a haircut ended up being a chore on a To do list to avoid getting criticised, instead of something for me to enjoy. Hence I am refusing to do it now while it's on that list and I'll do it when I feel it is for me....I'll keep plodding along and remind myself I did say from the start, when I heard there will be this funeral, that things may get a bit weird. I'm being kind to myself, been doing a lot of mindfulness, and trying not to put more undue pressure. I know I wanted things to be better diet wise but I'll get there I need to be patient with myself and realise that....I am scared..and that is okay. It's a week when it seems that all my triggers are coming out to play and i need to realise I only have that many cognitive resources. Ive planned a good man plan day for myself today plus my first circuit class - hopefully ill be able to keep to plan while having a good day at work...it's gonna get better and I will get my control back and my confidence that I can stick to what I'm planning for myself....somehow....

Last edited:
The healthy lifestyle can wait the funeral is priority. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself with trying to do it all. Diet, alcohol will be what it will be, sending your head into a spin about that isn’t going to do anything for you but harm. Get through the family bereavement first, that doesn’t just mean the funeral. Then Get yourself back on the path you want to be. Your not failing your surviving and you need to give your self a break. I try to think if I was a friend what advice would I give and it wouldn’t be to lay a whole lot of **** on them
Take care
Jx

The healthy lifestyle can wait the funeral is priority. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself with trying to do it all. Diet, alcohol will be what it will be, sending your head into a spin about that isn’t going to do anything for you but harm. Get through the family bereavement first, that doesn’t just mean the funeral. Then Get yourself back on the path you want to be. Your not failing your surviving and you need to give your self a break. I try to think if I was a friend what advice would I give and it wouldn’t be to lay a whole lot of **** on them
Take care
Jx
Thank you, J! Xxx

@AliGal How are you doing, hun?

For no apparent reason, I ticked up nearly 2lbs! Then after 3 days, a sort of reverse whoosh - 1.4lbs down over night - making it 1.4lbs net down for the past 7 days. My gut is consistent - so mystifying. Anyhow, I like daily weighing and don't let it bother me. So hoping for more progress this week - so my Saturday weigh in for the Slimmer for Xmas thread will show more good progress.

I've a big reunion at my college next month - so want to be fitting into my evening dress. I'm also a bit frustrated I didn't start 6 months ago........

Still - on the positive, at least I'm 10kg down on 6 weeks ago. Yea!!

All good last day of step 2 tomorrow then Have a weekend of eating out and a birthday night out if I get a sts this week will be very happy. Oh and I'm I'm love with zoodles and my spiralizer😉 hoping to go back to step 2 next week but will have to see how I get on after I 've lost ketosis. Xx
Lovely to see how you are managing/thinking about break days. As RareKiwi does too. You've got this. Im so happy you can put a separation between break and non'break like that. Is it your birthday? If so Happy Birthday! If not, lovely wishes to the birthday person:) enjoy it!!

All good last day of step 2 tomorrow then Have a weekend of eating out and a birthday night out if I get a sts this week will be very happy. Oh and I'm I'm love with zoodles and my spiralizer😉 hoping to go back to step 2 next week but will have to see how I get on after I 've lost ketosis. Xx
How long does it take to spiralize stuff? I always buy the morrisons/sainsbury bags they do but i was thinking it may be wise to invest in one?:)
Zoodles?!

I got a mueller spiral pro 4 blade spiralizer, its ace, quick, small, love the design, I just watched a you tube video to see how it worked. I picked a new one up off eBay for about 13 quid. It all fits together and it takes up no more space than a medium sized Tupperware box. A worthwhile investment. Zoodles are the American spelling of courgettes noodles. I make them up with 1 cal spray, balsamic vinegar, garlic and herb. X

Day 60.
Back at 67 on the dot. Yesterday was ok considering everything. 10K steps, 3.5l water, 2 exantes and one 400cal meal and some 3 units of alcohol. Its okay for the time being.

Day 61. Not sure yet re weight and wont be measuring tomorrow either. Had/having some alcoholic beverages but been good food wise yday and today. Just a quick post to keep me on track. All is going way better than expected. Vv emotional day tho hence keeping up with it food wise is grand, not with alcohol...and that's okay. Still need 200cals in my body for today.

Last edited:
Day 62. Back home. And back to normal. I am restarting my diet with new energy. If I have maintained it will be a nice surprise but will not weight in until Monday when my weekly stats are due.
I am back in full force and it feels good!

Back