Weight Watchers Filling & Healthy Recipes

Gammon & Pineapple Rice

I used fresh pineapple and just added a bit more stock as required. I also added some chilli to give it a wee bit of kick - was lovely! Also exchanged the peas for chestnut mushrooms

1 gammon steak
Small onion, finely chopped
Small can pineapple chunks in juice - i use Fresh & use more stock
1/2 a vegetable stock cube
2oz (50g) dry weight, brown rice
2oz canned or frozen peas
1/2 a red pepper, sliced
Dash of soy sauce
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Cut gammon steak into cubes and gently dry fry with the onion. Add pineapple and juice, the stock cube, rice and approx 1/4 pint water and bring to boil. Cover and cook for 10 mins. Add more boiling water during cooking if necessary.

Stir in peas, red pepper and soy sauce and season to taste.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1408988153.967996.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Gammon & Pineapple Rice

I used fresh pineapple and just added a bit more stock as required. I also added some chilli to give it a wee bit of kick - was lovely! Also exchanged the peas for chestnut mushrooms

1 gammon steak
Small onion, finely chopped
Small can pineapple chunks in juice - i use Fresh & use more stock
1/2 a vegetable stock cube
2oz (50g) dry weight, brown rice
2oz canned or frozen peas
1/2 a red pepper, sliced
Dash of soy sauce
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Cut gammon steak into cubes and gently dry fry with the onion. Add pineapple and juice, the stock cube, rice and approx 1/4 pint water and bring to boil. Cover and cook for 10 mins. Add more boiling water during cooking if necessary.

Stir in peas, red pepper and soy sauce and season to taste.

View attachment 151247

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

That looks absolutely gorgeous hun xxx

QUICK AND EASY MADRAS CURRY SAUCE. (0 ProPoints).
Serves 4

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
300 ml passatta
1 x beef, chicken or vegetable stock cube made up with 300 ml boiling water
2 tablespoons tomato purée
2 teaspoons sweetener
Salt & pepper to taste

Heat the oil in a saucepan over a moderate heat and fry the onion for 2 - 3 minutes, until the onion is softened.
Add the Madras curry powder and fry for a further minute.
Add the passatta, stock, purée and sweetener and bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened - taste and adjust seasoning to taste.

I am making this now olt i didnt get the currt powder i have a makeway one wish me luck x

It was nice only i put to much curry powder in lol so made it salty i will use 1 tablespoon next time abd get right curry powder or maybe paste only thats 1 point brilliant recipes x

Omg I'm in love with this tread
Just a stupid question plz even though following f & h would be amazing but if ppl are doing pp is veg and fruit still free ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Omg I'm in love with this tread Just a stupid question plz even though following f & h would be amazing but if ppl are doing pp is veg and fruit still free ? Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Fruit and most veg is free when doing ProPoints except for starchy veg like potatoes, parsnips, peas, sweetcorn etc xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank u xx I'm thinking of starting on Monday ! As before I start I just want to get my head ryr
Can we just stick to f&h or do we have to switch to pp after ? If do so after how long ?

Thank u xx I'm thinking of starting on Monday ! As before I start I just want to get my head ryr Can we just stick to f&h or do we have to switch to pp after ? If do so after how long ? Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

You can do whatever suits you.
Some start on F&H for the first week or two and others stick with ProPoints.
You can switch from one to another too you don't have to stick with same plan all week its down to whatever suits you as a person x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank u I think I be sticking to f&h and when I get sick of it I ll do pp for 1 week x but thank u for ur help x

I made this soup today and it is absolutely gorgeous, the banana takes it to a new level.

1 small bag of carrots
1 bag of yellow/orange peppers
1 onion
1 red chilli pepper with seeds
1 small banana
2 chicken stock cubes
Salt and black pepper

Cook until soft and then blitz till smooth and add a teaspoon of quark with each served portion, It really is surprisingly lovely.

Hey was wondering if any of u could help ! I'm on simple start started yesterday ! Getting my head ryt lol
Ok u knw when they say chicken leg is free ? Do they mean the whole leg with thigh or just drum stick ? Reply would help thank u in advance xx

Your curry recipes are all great. I'm a Filling and Healthy fan - seems the easiest way of losing weight. I don't eat much meat so I substitute beans and pulses. I have just joined this site and am finding my way around.

Hi there. I'm trying out f&h after doing pp for years. Is there anyway to 'work out' what's filling and healthy?? Im specifically thinking of breads etc. Weightwatchers ireland have released a list including various branded products. But is there anyway to tell ourselves if it falls into f&h category eg certain amt of fibre or something Or are we at the mercy of ww checking each product Thanks. 

Hi there. I'm trying out f&h after doing pp for years. Is there anyway to 'work out' what's filling and healthy?? Im specifically thinking of breads etc. Weightwatchers ireland have released a list including various branded products. But is there anyway to tell ourselves if it falls into f&h category eg certain amt of fibre or something Or are we at the mercy of ww checking each product Thanks. 

If it's not on the list then its not f&h hun. But if you use the ww app it will show the f&h foods in a green box if it is a free food on this plan. Hope this helps xx

Lean mince onion tinned tomatoes garlic mixed herbs wholewheat spaghetti add an oxo cube. That's how i make it All pp free

Back