Weight Watchers Filling & Healthy Recipes

Hi everyone, I know no-one has posted for a couple months, but I wanted to share one of my recipes with you for a simple tomato sauce. I know it's not very exciting, but I find it really useful when I've run out of fresh veggies or meat, as I can make a really quick, easy, satisfying meal just out of my cupboards:

1-2tsp olive oil (just enough to coat the pan so the garlic doesn't burn)
Then add 1 tsp chopped garlic (I use frozen garlic coz I'm lazy)
Once the garlic is sizzling, add 1 tin "cheapo" chopped tomatoes (we're talking 35p-40p here - I personally find the more expensive ones have a much sweeter flavour which I'm not particularly keen on)
Keep on a low heat and 'mash' the lumps of tomato with the back of a fork to make the sauce smoother. Also fish out any stalks or yellow bits that you won't want to eat.
Season - generous amount of salt (to taste), 1tsp dried basil, sprinkle of black pepper. Feel free to add anything else you fancy.
Then let it bubble until it has thickened a bit (check the seasoning because it will change as the sauce gets thicker).
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the sauce is 0points on Filling & Healthy?

I like having it with with wholemeal spaghetti (add a few spoons of pasta water to the sauce - the starch makes it seem richer). Use as much or as little as you like. Obviously you can add whatever choice of veggies or lean meat you like, if you have them at the time.

Left-over sauce (here's the best bit) - refrigerate and use as a pizza topping the next day!! Spread over a WW wholemeal pitta bread, add cheese (as many or few points as you like), whatever veggies you fancy, and chuck in the oven until everything is piping hot (I do mine Gas 5 for 15 mins) then grill to make the toppings crispy. Again, as long as you use 0point veg or meat, I believe the only thing you have to point is the cheese.

Well I hope someone, somewhere finds this useful and as yummy as i do! :eek:)

Hi everyone, I know no-one has posted for a couple months, but I wanted to share one of my recipes with you for a simple tomato sauce. I know it's not very exciting, but I find it really useful when I've run out of fresh veggies or meat, as I can make a really quick, easy, satisfying meal just out of my cupboards:

1-2tsp olive oil (just enough to coat the pan so the garlic doesn't burn)
Then add 1 tsp chopped garlic (I use frozen garlic coz I'm lazy)
Once the garlic is sizzling, add 1 tin "cheapo" chopped tomatoes (we're talking 35p-40p here - I personally find the more expensive ones have a much sweeter flavour which I'm not particularly keen on)
Keep on a low heat and 'mash' the lumps of tomato with the back of a fork to make the sauce smoother. Also fish out any stalks or yellow bits that you won't want to eat.
Season - generous amount of salt (to taste), 1tsp dried basil, sprinkle of black pepper. Feel free to add anything else you fancy.
Then let it bubble until it has thickened a bit (check the seasoning because it will change as the sauce gets thicker).
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the sauce is 0points on Filling & Healthy?

I like having it with with wholemeal spaghetti (add a few spoons of pasta water to the sauce - the starch makes it seem richer). Use as much or as little as you like. Obviously you can add whatever choice of veggies or lean meat you like, if you have them at the time.

Left-over sauce (here's the best bit) - refrigerate and use as a pizza topping the next day!! Spread over a WW wholemeal pitta bread, add cheese (as many or few points as you like), whatever veggies you fancy, and chuck in the oven until everything is piping hot (I do mine Gas 5 for 15 mins) then grill to make the toppings crispy. Again, as long as you use 0point veg or meat, I believe the only thing you have to point is the cheese.

Well I hope someone, somewhere finds this useful and as yummy as i do! :eek:)

It may be simple but it's the kind of recipe everyone needs. Thanks for sharing :)

Sometimes I make a batch on a Sat morning so me, hubby and son can have a pitta pizza night!
Nicer than tomato puree or plain passata!

Sometimes I make a batch on a Sat morning so me, hubby and son can have a pitta pizza night!
Nicer than tomato puree or plain passata!

Ooh good idea! I'm new to WW so I'm picking up recipes & ideas everywhere :)

Back