What are slim thighs?

Cerulean

Silver Member
Hello everyone. I remember when I was a normal weight that I always felt like my legs were like tree trunks - I know what a thin body is in terms of measurements for me - I look perfect at about 36, 27, 36 (and I'm very close to that now), but I have no idea what thin thighs measure and nowhere I've googled has a satisfactory answer! So my question to you is what do thin thighs measure?

LOL Sarah I wish I could measure mine and it be of any use .... maybe in a few more months.

Good question though, I've no idea what a 'slim thigh' is.

Cath

Erm......let me see........no.......err........erm.......sorry I cant help I aint had thin thighs for so many years, I cant remember

When I was at school (more than 25 years ago now:eek:) someone had a magazine article which dealt with "the perfect leg" (?). According to the article (if I remember correctly) the thigh should be 19 inches, calf 12 or 13 and not sure about the ankle - about 7? We all spent a lunch hour measuring our legs. For some reason this has stuck in my mind, probably because my thighs were the "correct" size then and I felt relieved. I have no idea what they measure now and do not intend to find out!! This just shows that the body image obsessions of teenage girls are not a recent development.

When I was at school (more than 25 years ago now:eek:) someone had a magazine article which dealt with "the perfect leg" (?). According to the article (if I remember correctly) the thigh should be 19 inches, calf 12 or 13 and not sure about the ankle - about 7? We all spent a lunch hour measuring our legs. For some reason this has stuck in my mind, probably because my thighs were the "correct" size then and I felt relieved. I have no idea what they measure now and do not intend to find out!! This just shows that the body image obsessions of teenage girls are not a recent development.

That does seem about right, and my thighs feel like they might just get to that - but my calves are still 16.5 (too much ballet and hockey at school!) I've barely lost an inch off my calves since I started - but the lady who did my contour wrap said that I had very muscular calves. Damnit! I am starting to look waiflike from the bottom up, but I still have calves like a footballer!

Aha! I have found a message board in the states - a size 0 girl has 17 inch thighs and then it goes up about an inch per size - it appears that 21 ins would be about a UK size 10-12 20 an 8-10 19 a 6-8 and 18 a 4-6

In the 60s a famous fashion photographer said the perfect measurement for a woman's thighs was 19". I think it may have been Bailey. I know that although I was very slim at the time my thighs measured 21" and I felt very fat. lol

What I would not give for 21" thighs now.

Ooh love this thread!!
Mine are currently 22"...I've lost 5" per thigh since I started!!!!
Definitely feeling like I'm getting my pins back. It's nice to have an idea around 'normal' slim thigh size :D

:rolleyes: Ones you can wrap round a fella`s neck without crushing him. :D

Mine are 21 inches right at the top and I am a size 10-12 they will never be 19 inches though :(

I always remember an article on Sue Pollard many moons ago, where she won the perfect pins award for that year. Her thighs measured 19 inches, I remember this so vividly because I was 19 years old at the time (very inmpressionable) and dieted hard and measured my legs for a full 2 months to try and make that 19 inches, oh the foolish actions of youth! Angela x

Fascinating thread.
Can't imagine my thighs would ever be 'normal' even if the rest of me were skin & bone.

Pear shaped women just need to be kept away from numbers like this ....it' not good for moral

Hi
I dont know either what slim thighs are tiger girl did you do any thigh exercises to lose 5" of your thighs did you used to have big thighs . Mines just lose flab wanting to melt away but it does not seem to work I want slim thighs it will be nice but how long does it take to solve the problem

I just happened to have a tape measure next to me when reading this thread (decorating) so measured my thighs.

19 and a half inches. Calf is 15 and a half, ankle 8 and a half. I know that I have lost a lot of inches from my thighs and I wish I had measured them before starting LL. They don't rub against each other any more, in fact there is a gap between them. I sometimes feel that there is 'something missing' when walking. I don't miss the soreness and chafing though.

my thighs are 22", which by the example given on here makes my leg a 12-14, i allways said it was my stomach preventing me being a 14 :cry:

:rolleyes: Ones you can wrap round a fella`s neck without crushing him. :D

If slim thighs mean I have to stop crushing men between them then I will have to stop dieting! ;)

"If slim thighs mean I have to stop crushing men between them then I will have to stop dieting"

Oh no Kate, there's no need to, you'll just have to use a bit of imagination!!!;)

Hi Bethany
In answer to your question 'how have you lost 5" per thigh', I think it's 2 things;
- basic body shape. When I was slim, I was lucky enough to have pretty good pins. I'm almost 5ft 8 and have a large frame. It's weird seeing my shape come back again. I'm not pear shaped, a bit curvy but when I was slim I looked pretty 'sporty' (oh I'll be there again soon!!), and have always been a B/C bra cup size. So genetically, I'm certain I will have 19" thighs when I'm done :D

- exercise. I have always done loads of leg exercises since I started. And particularly on the thigh area.

So the pins are starting to get there! The tum on the other hand...well lets not go there! I do abs every night in the vain hope that a miracle will occur.
:D

Back