What are we looking forward to do when we are thin?

unfortunately I don;t agree
exante diet has finally put the control firmly in MY hands now, and I can gain confidence and health (which I am already reaping after losing 29lbs)

or are you just playing lip service to a saying?
otherwise you wouldn't be dieting?
:banghead:

Let me expain what i mean about life is too short to not enjoy the body you blessed with ...wether im fat or thin i am still going to enjoy my life for example i have spent 2 years of my life locked away ashamed of the "fat person i became" instead of doing something about it i eat and eat and eat when i could if been going out with my friends while eating healthy like i am doing know i am enjoying every bit of my life now as my dress size come down i get more and more confident and i cant help but think wow i wasted a lot of time worrying about how i look when all i have to do is get off my butt and do something about it , i see it as a journey and finallly gaining control of my life im starting to love myself again and yes i am thankful for the body i have its a magical body that is changing shape every month and i love my body for showing me the work i have put in, i think its amazing how my body is changing and allowing me to regain my self confidence ...if that makes any sense....so yes i do feel blessed..... this is coming from someone who has never suceeded at a diet before or even been slim....:flirt2:

then we are "singing from the same hymn sheet" Charley :D

sorry I took your message in the wrong way

I can think of a lot of reasons but the main ones for me are:

• Being able to do things with my kids, go on rides at theme parks with them and play in the park properly etc.
  • Wear my wedding and engagment rings. They hardly fit when I got married (they belonged to my husbands mum) and I pretty much gained a ton of weight following the marriage so its always been a sore point with hubby that Ive never worn a wedding ring.
Just for the sake of complaining though... since marrying my hubby has really resented the non-wearing of the rings on my part. I told my husband that wearing my rings was one of my goals (i thought he'd be touched) and he said 'well you wont wear them daily, will you? they need to be 'dress' ones and we'll get you a daily-wear one'. I was a bit flummoxed and said 'well why havent we just bought me a ring that would have fit during the last 6 years?' and his reply was that he didnt want me getting complacent. :eek: :mad: :sigh:

of course... it then dawned on me that when i lose the weight I get new jewellary and I got over it quickly lol.

If you feel it's a backhanded slur, just ignore it, and rise above it! if it's an obvious slur, then deal with it. ;) Can't see how it was either though...

Besides, it's not 'a quote against slimming' just a quote against putting your entire life and attempts and happiness on hold until some point in the future when things are somehow 'fixed' (which said quoter appears to be doing, sadly). There's no harm in being happy/grateful/accepting with what you've got, but still wanting better.

However don't take these things so personally! It's only a forum. :)

Just like to let all you guys know i mean not to upset anyone i have put my life on hold and form size 26 i started to learn to love me that way if i loved me more i can treat my body how it deserved to be treated and that by eating healty and getting lots of exercise i never use to do my hair or nails i do know yes being honest im not 100% happy at my current size 18-20 but i love me again and appreciate my body only then can i loose weight and thats worked for me when i was at my worse ordeeing take aways in so no one would see me i was happy only while eating food the depressed after i forgot i was a person now im happy doing others things too ...I realised i beautiful and i am somebody....i lovethe support this forum has given me and hope my words have touched others....all i have done is found a way to sick to my healthy eating and its by telling my self "i love me and love my body and i am going to treat my body like the queen she is "
my typical week i used to go to work and back weekends lock my self away and that was my life plus every dfast food shop know my name ,however know me and my gym partner go spinning 5 times a week and i go out every weekend my body allows me the life i want fat or thin which i never seen we will always be together...so yes i love my body :) x x x

wow i wasted a lot of time worrying about how i look when all i have to do is get off my butt and do something about it

This is great - totally how I feel. There's no way you can make the decision to lose weight and keep it off for good unless you get to a place where you actually care about and respect yourself and your body first. Otherwise you're just going to keep filling it full of rubbish and continue to feel bad about it.
x

Well I am looking forward to SO many things. I can only remember myself in the low 13's but I felt FANTASTIC at this weight but this time I am going to power through and at least see 9 stone something........

I'm looking forward to.........

*fitting into garden chairs and not having to panic - i know this one has been echoed
*shopping at Primark too
*shopping anywhere and not worrying if they do 'fat' sizes
*going on out on nights out and feeling good about myself
*not being ashamed to see people I haven't seen for a while
*I would like to do coastering but not until I am slim as me in a wet suit would not be a good look!
*being able to borrow clothes with family/friends
*enjoy summer and all that it brings *comfortably cross my legs 'easily' on any height chair
*going to theme parks - not that I go any scary rides but its nice to have the option!

then we are "singing from the same hymn sheet" Charley :D

sorry I took your message in the wrong way

Maggie you di dont take my messagetghe wrong way i just did not expalin myself and im glad im did we are all beautiful women ( and men) and even being on hear show we care aboutwho we are xxxx:):p

This is great - totally how I feel. There's no way you can make the decision to lose weight and keep it off for good unless you get to a place where you actually care about and respect yourself and your body first. Otherwise you're just going to keep filling it full of rubbish and continue to feel bad about it.
x[/QUOTE

completley true ....only when you love and care about yourself can yu truly reach your weight loss goal x x x

Just like to let all you guys know i mean not to upset anyone i have put my life on hold and form size 26 i started to learn to love me that way if i loved me more i can treat my body how it deserved to be treated and that by eating healty and getting lots of exercise i never use to do my hair or nails i do know yes being honest im not 100% happy at my current size 18-20 but i love me again and appreciate my body only then can i loose weight and thats worked for me when i was at my worse ordeeing take aways in so no one would see me i was happy only while eating food the depressed after i forgot i was a person now im happy doing others things too ...I realised i beautiful and i am somebody....i lovethe support this forum has given me and hope my words have touched others....all i have done is found a way to sick to my healthy eating and its by telling my self "i love me and love my body and i am going to treat my body like the queen she is "
my typical week i used to go to work and back weekends lock my self away and that was my life plus every dfast food shop know my name ,however know me and my gym partner go spinning 5 times a week and i go out every weekend my body allows me the life i want fat or thin which i never seen we will always be together...so yes i love my body :) x x x

For what it's worth, I was entirely agreeing with you. :)

Wow Charleypolequeen,

You had to work hard for that.

At least you got an apology from Maggie. I'm still waiting for one from her. I have to say I don't agree that we have to be "on the same page" as each other in order to avoid being publicly and disrespectfully berated when someone misunderstands or disagrees with a posting we make.

Well done to the peacemakers, you are the grown ups of the forum.But yes, I'm afraid I'm still bearing a grudge.

TT

Dear TT

you were taking the p!ss out of me, and anyone that does that will get the sharp edge of my Tongue

so don't wait with baited breath for that apology

Dear TT

you were taking the p!ss out of me, and anyone that does that will get the sharp edge of my Tongue

so don't wait with baited breath for that apology
You misunderstood, I was just joining in with your joke, as I, and others who got it pointed out to you.

What a lovely lady you are.

Oh TT
I do love your
kiss,slap,kiss method of posting

Along the lines of
"I am bearing a grudge.....

Only kidding"

and your "lovely lady" jibe is the big givaway
kiss. Slap. Kiss

I, unfortunately am plain speaking

oh well i have a million things i want to do!! Firstly i want to be able to run around a park with my kids without being red in the face and worn out after 10 mins!
Wear lots of lovely clothes in the summer and not hate what i see in the mirror
be in lots of photos with my family and not be the one taking the pictures.
And just to be healthier
Isabel x

For what it's worth, I was entirely agreeing with you. :)

Thanks TT see your journey is also doing very well i got myself pampered yesterday and they gym tonight lost another 3lbs at class ..wooohoo. xx x

I will be throwing away my entire wardrobe which basically consists of sacks vaguely resembling clothing and buying a new wardrobe (eek, better start saving now)... and new underwear :)

I will be throwing away my entire wardrobe which basically consists of sacks vaguely resembling clothing and buying a new wardrobe (eek, better start saving now)... and new underwear :)

That is so exciting! But expensive - although there's always Primark!

I went in Primark to have a look

was like a load of dusters in the making, as my Mother says
very poor quality, although the swimsuits can be good

and if you can get the cheap jumpers to fit, they can be a good staple, as are the jeans...

i dont think im going to come on this forum anymore, really no need for all this backbiting :( i know its nothing to do with me but life is too bl@@dy hard and short for all this behaviour and i dont really want to see it when i come on here..this forum is supposed to be for advise and support for one another, not slagging one another off!! i hate it

h x :(

Back