What dress size at what weight?

Angelchops

I know we are all different, and shop sizes vary a lot, but Im really interested in approximately what dress size people are at what weight.

Im average height - 5'6 and I can't wait to be able to buy clothes from normal shops, in their normal ranges. What kind of weight are people when they can fit comfotably in a size 20? I'm sure Next goes up to this size.

I know we are all different, and shop sizes vary a lot, but Im really interested in approximately what dress size people are at what weight.

Im average height - 5'6 and I can't wait to be able to buy clothes from normal shops, in their normal ranges. What kind of weight are people when they can fit comfotably in a size 20? I'm sure Next goes up to this size.

I am 5' 6" tall and I currently weigh 17 st 8lbs and can wear a size 20 with no problem. In some places an 18 fits me.

sizing is weird, if you ever shop in places like Primark ( sorry to bring the tone down) their sizes are really small so when they say 18 take that to mean 16 and so on.
I am 5"6 and now can wear a size 18 in most places but did fit into a pair of jeans from MK1 that are a 16 - my happiest moment so far until my daughter mentioned MK1 sizes were cut bigger - I could have happily throttled her!!!!

I think it is very difficult to say what dress size people are at what weight. It depends a lot of how tall you are. For exempüle I have a friend who weighs almost the same like me, but she ist much taller than me. So actually she doesn't really look overweight-I would even say that her weight is perfect compared to her size, but unfortunately I still have to lose quite much weight :-(

sizing is weird, if you ever shop in places like Primark ( sorry to bring the tone down) their sizes are really small so when they say 18 take that to mean 16 and so on.
I am 5"6 and now can wear a size 18 in most places but did fit into a pair of jeans from MK1 that are a 16 - my happiest moment so far until my daughter mentioned MK1 sizes were cut bigger - I could have happily throttled her!!!!

Oi I like Primark!! :D and I find there OVER sized - I supposed it depends where you carry your fat to what size you are. I'm a kinda all over spread kinda thing where as some people get big bums or bellies or legs

hello

i am 5.2 and I THINK about 10st3lb ( weigh in thursday )
i havent bought any clothes at all since i started at 12stone but all i can say is that my size 14s and 16s fall clean off

( well it keeps strangers in the street happy lol )

Well I must carry my weight EXTREMELY well! I'm currently 14st 11 (probably less now to be fair as that was last Friday!) and 5ft 4" and I'm a size 16/18 on the bottom and a size 14/16 on the top.

Suppose I shouldn't moan about that really (despite the fact I would much rather have significantly smaller thighs and calves (where I carry most of my weight sadly) but it would be nice to be the same size top and bottom!

Oh well - maybe by Christmas my bottom half will have started catching up with my top half - fingers crossed!

MM x

I am 5ft 2ins tall, and am about 13stone 5. I am somewhere between a 16-18. Especially on my bottom half. Saying that, I have on a pair of size 16 trousers today, adn they are hanging off me - I might be able to get into a 14 of this style, but I ahv a pair of 16s at home that fit well, and yet more that I cant even squeeze into.

Like everyone else has said, I suppose it depends on what shape you are, and where you buy your clothes from!

Not much help, am I???

I'm 5'3" and 10.7 , and I'm in size 12 bottoms! can't believe it! Still need 14-16 tops as (thank god) I still have my boobs, and clothing shops don't seem to cater for size 12's with boobs! lol

I am 5' 6" tall and I currently weigh 17 st 8lbs and can wear a size 20 with no problem. In some places an 18 fits me.

Sooooo jealous SoonToBeGorgeous. I am the same height as you, and just 3lbs heavier and I would say I am a comfortable size 24 - Im just beginning to find things loose round the waist and even bought a pair of size 22 trousers yesterday. I do have a top from Tescos (one of those soft feel jumpers) and its a size 26 and still way too small.

Thankyou everyone for your answers, and keep them coming - I'm fascinated and its really inspirational for me

This is a really interesting post!!

I am 5ft 9" weight pretty even all over!! at the moment before weigh in at about 15st 3-4 maybe!! (fingers crossed!!)

Got a pair of 14 jeans in new look the other day, high waist band quite flairy, almost fell over in shock!! :eek:

There a little snug but as i'm on the way down didn't wanna get a 16 as i'm a little strapped.... my 18's fell virtually clean off over ma hips!

About 2-3 years ago when i was about 11st 10lbs i was in a 10 occasionaly a 12...

I have always 'weighed' alot heavier than i look, if that makes sense!! Not an excuse or big bone syndrome!! lol :rolleyes:

Whenever i've been weighed for medicals etc people are always visibly shocked and say i look 2-3 stone lighter than i weigh... this of course is no consilation when you're 17st +

I once had a nurse march me into a doctors office, whilst they were with a patient!!, and weigh me again coz she thought her scales were wrong... then blurted out - OH YOU ARE 17st 9lbs!! Needless to say i was a tad embarrassed in front of the Doc and the foxy patient with him!!

Anyone else found this?

We are all such varied and wonderful shapes!!! :D

I am a 5ft short arse lol

When i weighed 15.4 I was wearing a 22 bottom and 24 top.

Am now 10.6 (last wi) and I am a 14 bottom, can get in some trousers that are 12`s but its the breathe in and hold your tummy in all day technique, you know what I mean ladies lol ( wiil drop a few more lbs before wearing them out in public)
and i`m a 14-16 top, still got my boobs but they have gone from a 38ff down to a 34 e.

I'm 5ft9 and 13.6 stone, I am between a 16/18 on the bottem and a 16 on top, have only lost about half a dress size despite nearly losing 2 stone

I have always 'weighed' alot heavier than i look, if that makes sense!!
Anyone else found this?

Yup - I get this too. Noone belives that I weight as much as I do - which is flattering I suppose!

I'm 5ft 10 and weigh 17st 2. I'm currently wearing a size 18 and the trousers are loose on the waist and the jumpers are just starting to look too big.

My friend though, is a similar height and weighs almost exactly the same as me, but wears a couple of sizes bigger . She carries all her weight in the middle and her arms and legs are skinny. Whereas my weight is spread around - I've got chunky arms and fat calves. She is a complete 'apple' and my body is very much an hourglass.

Im 5' 4" and approx 11st 7lbs at the mo (dont get weighed till Sat and hoping to be lighter again by then)! Im currently wearing size 14's, I am finding that jeans fit fine although a couple of my trousers look a bit baggy and so are some of my tops. When I started cd at 14st 13lbs I was wearing size 18's. Im an hour glass figure.

Back