What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

I think Jo is gutted to be honest but is saying it doesn't matter and we can go for a spa day in a few months time, problem is that we organised Cambridge clients etc to get 2 days away and not that easy.

Anyway not going to be grumpy about it but will always remember my 10th anniversary from the look on the ladies face when I said SCOTT and she said "We don't have any bookings today for SCOTT".

I shall give Marriot a few days to write to me before I phone their head office and see who I can speak to and ask whether that is what you should get from a 250 quid a night hotel!!

lol yeah small world!!

I will give them a couple of weeks to see what happens.

I am a great believer in allowing people to make mistakes and judge people on what they do to rectify the problem which is why I was impressed with the manager as she did all she could.

If they write and apologise and say they have made sure it won't happen again then I will be happy (of course if they offer me a week in New York at the Marriott there then I shall be forced to go!)

Mike

Just a bit of an update really.

I am now back at work on Monday morning but they have requested I have a medical first with Occ Health before they will let me back in the office, I am still quite uncomfortable so expect them to put me on light duties which is fine as I need my brain more for my job more than my braun.

The scar is healing remarkably well, I have now started using biooil as the scar is less angry so hopefully that will start to do it's magic in terms of "silvering" out the scar. The actual "lump" in the middle is finally starting to go down, I am glad to say it is going down without leaving loose skin and although is still a pronounced lump is certainly better than it was 10 days ago.

In terms of the general look then I do now accept it looks a lot better, these dog ears on the edges don't look good and I am led to believe that these can get a bit better if you exercise and as I am doing a half marathon in 2 months then that won't be a problem!!

So to sum up!! It looks a lot better than it did before BUT still wouldn't have gone through this to get there had I have known.

Hi Mike I just wanted to say i have read your thread and you are a real inspiration to people that are on this plan. You also show that you can lose weight and keep it off! ( Most of my collegues tell me that i will put it all back on and more, I know they are wrong) Anyway i am very sorry to hear about your anniversary especially as you had it all planned, i do hope you hear back from hotel company. Last novemeber was my 5th anniversary and my hubby had booked tickets for us to go to london and watch scissor sister live VIP, also hotel booked next to wembley it think it was wembley hilton. Anyway we had meal in vip area and as much wine as you wanted. (not a good idea as we havent drank for about 4 years) anyway watched concert bit worse for wear but they were fab. Went backed to hotel bit nissed. The fire alarm went off 5 times that night!! We were on 10th floor as hubby booked suite. We had to get dressed very hung over 5 times and go up and down 10 flights of stairs. Not much sleep and we never even got an apology from hotel altough we did phone them countless times. Sorry for going on just wanted to say hope your company reimburses you!

Sorry to hear about the hotel/spa mix up.

I've had similar bad service in the Sofitel in London. I just don't think the 'posh' hotels in the UK know anything about service and working for the customer. On the other hand, I've had good experiences in the States and Hong Kong...

The least they should offer you is a free night and a treatment to make up for it.

Well not good!!

I went back to work this morning but at the request of occupational health I had to visit them first for a check up, anyway got there at 9am, first thing is never good for me since the operation as I am much slower than later in the day and generally look rough.

The occ health lady saw me anyway and wrote me off for 2 more weeks!! Not insured to be at work so couldn't stay and had to come home :-(

Got loads to do at work and just had enough of sitting round here like a spare part to the human race....

If I had any toys I would now throw them out of my basket (apart from my coffee maker which I have a passion for)

Well not good!!

I went back to work this morning but at the request of occupational health I had to visit them first for a check up, anyway got there at 9am, first thing is never good for me since the operation as I am much slower than later in the day and generally look rough.

The occ health lady saw me anyway and wrote me off for 2 more weeks!! Not insured to be at work so couldn't stay and had to come home :-(

Got loads to do at work and just had enough of sitting round here like a spare part to the human race....

If I had any toys I would now throw them out of my basket (apart from my coffee maker which I have a passion for)

Bless you Mike, I know it is difficult but just imagine how good you will be in 2 weeks time and you will be raring to go!! Have you started seeing clients again yet? Maybe you could offer coffee evenings!!Love

WELL DONE

:) HI MIKE I HAVE READ YOUR THREAD AND I THINK YOU ARE GREAT. EVERY LITTLE DETAIL (OUCH):eek:!!! YOU MUST FEEL :party0049:SO GOOD NOW.I HAVE BEEN OFF DIET FOR FEW WEEKS FINDING IT HARD TO GET STARTED BUT DEFO AM NOW. GOING TO MY COUNCELLOR ON THURSDAY.

Well back at home all bored again!!

Apart from it is uncomfortable to wear tight clothes (well fitted clothes) and when I sit for too long I am not really in much pain anymore, so getting busy this week at home otherwise my brain will go so mushie it starts coming out of my ears.

Been doing loads of my NLP coursework and training and totally fascinated by the positivity against success part of it, it definately rings bells when it comes to the diet and something I intend to pursue further !!

Got to go to the doctors today for a sick note and be prodded for the 3624th time, I used to have dignity before I had this done but now I kind of just whip my kit off without worrying about it!

M.

Do you actually wait for them to ask you to whip it off??!!

lol well the checkout girl in Tesco did look embarassed, as did half the shoppers and the store greeter.....

PMSL!!!!!!!!!

Mike Im in Yarmouth to see MIL and FIL w/c 17th I think, so if you are off and bored then we could meet in Gorleston for a coffee if you like, maybe try and have a mini meet for everyone.

They are packing to come back up here so as long as I can get in Wild Duck then we will deffo be down.

Sorry about the sick note, must get you down a bit, but enjoy the weather while you can x

Hiya!

When are you down and when do you go back?

Mike

we are aiming to come down 19th and back the friday or saturday after all being well, thats if we can get somewhere. if not it will be 19th for 3 nights if we stay with the rellies!!

Nearly done to target myself now, and am hating my tummy. Just a quickie, but has it been worth it Mike? Just ask cos would love to have my tum done, but worry my expectations are unrealistic and I wouldnt be able to cope with the recovery (two kids, teaching etc). I have had two C sections.....anyone know if it is similar to that? Not you Mike, obv!!!! hope you get back to work soon hun.;)

Hello Mike,

Its taken me 3 days to finally read all about your TT and an extremely interesting read it is, very informative and honest, you even made me laugh out loud when I got to the part about the Alien bursting out of your tummy, (Brill film).
I was with you all the way and winced/groaned/smiled with you even though I never felt a thing, although I do now what it is to have had surgery on that part of your body, I had a radical hysterectomy due to CIN 111 about 12 years ago and I have a scar right across my tummy from hip to hip and yes I had drains too, so my sympathies are with you there, although I healed very well I was left with some numbness which starts about 3 inches beow the belly button down to just below the scar line and 4 inches either way forming a triangle, (the tip being under the BB if that makes sense) and that triangle is always cold to touch, (weird isn't it!) but I was told that cutting through nerves does this, also the size of the area depend on how the individual heals.
Mine was quite a big area at first but decreased over time to the size it is now and has been the same for a number of years, so now I can wash dishes and get wet from water splashing and never know unless my family tell me.

Your telling of this event is very, very good and you must continue with your book, as there is not enough info out their in laymans terms.
All the best on your speedy recovery to good health Mike.
p.s.
I shall what this space for future updates & pics

Back