what i have been eating..

Hi Nicki, how are you? I noticed a couple of days where I would also eat like crazy. I think we are at points where we can almost predict what the scales will say the following week. Basically we now KNOW what to do to keep the weight down (although doing it is another matter!). I like the slimfast bars too.
Nicki, we'll succeed!

Hey nicki how you doing, sounds like your doing great. Wish i could be as good as you have been, i'm really struggling dont know whats up with me, no excuse. Keep it up anyway hun, your doin fab xxx

Hi Nicki, big hugs, sorry my laptop powersupply has died, waiting on a new one. Hope you are doing well, I'm on 810 so eating salad and fish and all that good stuff loving it. Lost 2lbs this week, so I am happy enough and not feeling deprived. xxxxx

hair loss is still just as bad at the moment ! quite scarey!

have done really well until today! every time i eat bread it makes me more hungry so i think it is something to be avoided, i went for subway today whilst in town shopping for new clothes so decided to eat that for lunch ! ever since i have felt sooooooooo hungry lol, i am not stressing though,can't be perfect all of the time, good news is that i HAD lost one lb lol until the naughtiness today that is, would imagine i have gained that back in bloatedness !! going out for a chinese and drinks on saturday aswell for my birthday so that should be fun, in for a gain next week i think.oh well, i wont stress over it, i know how to keep it under control now, for me that is cutting out the carbs and sweet treats. xxxxx hope you are ok hun

it's working out what works!! Everyone's different but you're doing brilliantly so enjoy when you do eat and don't feel guilty about it.

have been pretty good this week - just measured myself and have lost another 5.5 inches (have had to dump one pair of jeans - my friend wants to burn them on the bonfire on bonfire night!!) and WI5 tomorrow so fingers crossed!!

DAY 44, 45 AND 46

not been well so not sticking to any particular eating plan,havent eaten much of anything, been suffering with severe pain since i started eating again,havent yet been to the doctors as i was hoping it would sort itself out but it has got worse over the last few days so got an appointment for tomorrow morning at 10.15 am.

it was my birthday on saturday and i was supposed to go out for a meal and some drinks with my family and a few friends but i was in so much pain i was laying down on the sofa by 9pm and didnt move until around lunchtime yesterday!!! i have no idea what it is but it is in the area on my gallbladder/liver and is very very painful.

will just see what the doctor says tomorrow.

DAY 44, 45 AND 46

not been well so not sticking to any particular eating plan,havent eaten much of anything, been suffering with severe pain since i started eating again,havent yet been to the doctors as i was hoping it would sort itself out but it has got worse over the last few days so got an appointment for tomorrow morning at 10.15 am.

it was my birthday on saturday and i was supposed to go out for a meal and some drinks with my family and a few friends but i was in so much pain i was laying down on the sofa by 9pm and didnt move until around lunchtime yesterday!!! i have no idea what it is but it is in the area on my gallbladder/liver and is very very painful.

have you been to do dr's Nicki? Sounds really painful - so sorry you didn't go out on your birthday - hope you're able to make up for it soon x x x

Need Advice please

DAY 44, 45 AND 46

Oh that's terrible hope your feeling much better by now.how do did you find maintenance ? I am a little worried actually cos I am waiting for ultrasound to see if I have gailstones. I havent told my doc I have resarted cos I was afraid he wouldn't allow me go back on Lt. he doesn't approve.could someone give me advice ?

Hi Nicki, happy birthday. Sorry to hear that you have been in pain. You might need to let your Dr know about your diet if he asks. Best to get your health sorted first and take it from there.
I hope you feel better soon Nicki -and a delayed celebration might just mean a bigger celebration when you're ready for it!

thanks, i will tell the doctor that i was on lipotrim as i think it is related to the diet and eating again as the pain started on day 4 of refeed....

jillian, maintenance hasn't been 2 bad at all, as for the gallstone thing,just wait for your results and take it from there..what symptoms do you get ? to make them suspect gallstones because a couple of people have mentioned to me that it sounds a bit like gallstones.

good luck hun xxxx
Bad Pain below(Under) my bust and my back. I did have a feeling of feeling sick but not anymore.

DAY 48...07/10/08

BREAKFAST...slim fast meal replacement bar

LUNCH...slim fast meal replacement bar

DINNER...out with kids at wacky warehouse,meant to be eating there providing that i am not in agony ! will let you know what i have later.

had chicken with bacon and cheese /barbecue sauce on top,came with salad and chips,had a few chips and gave the rest to my brother but did have two onion rings lol

havent really been following the diet since last thursday so expecting a big gain this week but it isnt a worry right now,am worried about alot more important things...

Last edited:
been to the doctors today '07/10/08' my doctor seems to think that i have gallstones and is going to arrange an ultrasound scan to confirm whether it is or not, if not see what else it is.....not sure how long this will take but it can't come soon enough because when this pain flares up boy do i know about it.

he just said as i have lost so much weight so quickly and where my pain is it does sound like gallstones...we shall see

oh no! Mind you they can do keyhole surgery now - my mum had it done and recovered well as did my friend (who discharged herself the day after the op which i wouldn't recommend). They're definitely better out than in! Look after yourself - low fat diet suits gall stone problems x x x

been to the doctors today '07/10/08' my doctor seems to think that i have gallstones and is going to arrange an ultrasound scan to confirm whether it is or not, if not see what else it is.....not sure how long this will take but it can't come soon enough because when this pain flares up boy do i know about it.

he just said as i have lost so much weight so quickly and where my pain is it does sound like gallstones...we shall see

Oh no :( :cry: I hope you can get it sorted easily chicken.

Big hugs xxxx

Hi Nicki

Not been around for a bit - work and hols.

Firstly Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Sorry to hear you've been in pain. It does sound like it could be gallstones - which unfortunately are more common in women, if you are overweight or lose weight rapidly!! In fact the surgeons use the following classification - the 4 Fs - Female, Fat, Forty (or thereabouts) and Fertile (pre-menopausal) Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!!

If it is the treatment is usually by removing your gallbladder through laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery and is a very simple op (work in medical sales and have watched tons of them!!) or by breaking the stones up with high intensity soundwaves - process called lithotripsy.

I'm sure they'll sort you out. If it is gallstones - when you get the pain it won't be because of what food you are eating that day.

Gallstone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article suggests that at the onset of an attack - drink cold water to stimulate the bile, or take magnesium followed by a cup of coffee.

Might be worth a try as it might work and if they are not gallstones - it doesn't matter.

Good luck with it

Carol x

Back