what jobs do we all do

I'm a sign language interpreter, wife and mother to three sons. Life is hectic, one of the reasons why my eating habits have been so bad and I've continued to put weight on steadily over the years. Until now!

Gx

Either had the option of defering for a year or picking another subject which I could then drop after the 1st year. The only subjects where they has places available were Archaeology (don't do getting my hands dirty!), Dance (now I like a dance a much as the next person but only after several large vodka's so having to consume that much alcohol over a year didn't seem like a good idea) or Japanese Studies.

Funny how things work out!

I worked in Japan for 3 years and came back and did a MA in Japanese

I'm a sign language interpreter...

Cool. :cool:

Kinda fancied that myself, once; but ended up having to throw all my time at everything else I was studying, so never actually finished the course I was on.

And that was a few years ago now, so I've mostly lost it, back to square one...

But anyway, found it fascinating.

I'm a sign language interpreter, wife and mother to three sons. Life is hectic, one of the reasons why my eating habits have been so bad and I've continued to put weight on steadily over the years. Until now!

Gx

That's awesome. Ive been thinking of learning some basic BSL after having to struggle with my poor patient. What course would you recommend? Ive been looking at vids on YouTube to try and muddle through but I'd really like to be more confident with it.

That's awesome. Ive been thinking of learning some basic BSL after having to struggle with my poor patient. What course would you recommend?

Try and get hold of a British Sign Language fingerspelling alphabet card, although I'm sure you could source it on the net. You might also find an introduction to BSL course locally but take a look at signature.org.uk where you'll find info and a list of registered centres offering BSL Level 1. Good place to begin. The course will give you basic communication skills, everyday chat, which will be great for a Deaf patient who may have been without their first language for some time! Maybe your employer would pay?

Gx

Air Steward/Hostie/Cart Tart/Wagon Dragon/Trolly Dolly/Sandwich Dispenser here, my failing at work is picking on the left over passenger meals, you'd think after 8 years I'd be sick of "cottage pie" or "chicken curry" but no... 7 hours into a night flight from Hong Kong or Jo'burg with 350 sleeping passengers you find your self bored, at 2am with only food for decent company.
It dosnt help that all the meals onboard are sprayed with fat to stop them drying out in the ovens as well (Remember that when you go on your jollies this summer, and when the hostie dishes up your over priced small portioned inflight "meal" its probably about 700 cals as its got so much fat swimming around in the bottom!!)

Hi everyone, my job is managing a school sport partnership which has nearly 80 schools. Very stressful!!! Lol x

Hardest thing is staying away from meeting lunches and office biscuits! !Xx

Ooh we are an interesting lot indeed. On my blog I said I thought the people on the Exante forum were an intelligent lot and turns out I was right!

I used to be a chiropractor, but like Miss Demeanour not liking 99% of her fellow solicitors I didn't have much respect for my fellow chiropractors so gave it up. Now own and run a small holiday letting business here in St Ives which basically means I do loads of cleaning and being on call 24/7, which I loath and want to get out of.

I'm also a mum and have looked after sick children the past 20 years. Sadly my own! However youngest son is now 16 so he's starting to take responsibility for his own health which is incredibly liberating.

I intend having a gap year in my 50s. I am now 49.

I'm Cabin Crew. Means I need to use a lot of mouthwash and fresh breath spray to cover up my awful keto-breath!!!

Really hard to resist the lovely crew-meals my airline serves as well as the passenger pizzas and cheese/ham melts! Smelling them cook makes me REALLY hungry!

Back