What's your reason - and be honest!

I gained weight after starting on some medication - and it stuck around longer than the meds did ;-)

I joined because I wasn't happy with body and because my fiance proposed to me - so it spurred me into acting :)

I hate my weight
I hate going shopping and having to go to specific shops
I hate that I cant wear sleeveless vest tops because of my big beef
arms
I hate that people describe me as fat
I dont want to be that fat person any more

It is really interesting seeing everyone's reasnos.

Mine are fairly simple-

I want to do things i am too scared to do because i'm too fat,like snowboarding, in case i fall over and can't get up, how humiliating!

I want to be able to live long enough to see all my kids get married and have children (i hope)

I want to be able to go a shop and say "I like that" and buy it, without thinking it won't fit, or be in my size!

Finally when i walk in to a meeting at work, with people i don't know i want them to think i am an average sized confident woman, not a whingeing fat moo!

Oh and i want to get an outfit like my little avatar is wearing in my signature!!

I really agree with all you are saying here. The bit that struck me was the walking into a meeting bit. I now run meetings and attend country wide 'user groups' representing my (i t) company. 2 years ago before starting slimming world I kept putting doing either of those things off.

Mind you if you walked into the meeting with the avatar outfit on I am sure all atendees would sit up and take notice!

Like Chuffy I want to walk into a shop, pick something I like off the rail and be confident it will fit and look nice.
I want matching sets of pretty bras and pants, not my Bridget Joneses!
And I want normal BP , to avoid type 2 diabetes, and if it comes to it have a new hip without the surgeon saying I could do to lose a stack of weight!

I had a knee replacement in Feb this year and my joints are riddled with arthritis. Still in a lot of pain with my knee and guess what the doctor says Loose weight and all will be fine! I want to loose the weight just to prove to him that being overweight isn't always the answer to joint problems. I know for a fact after looseing 10 stone previously (gained it back though) it made no difference to my pain, but can you tell doctors..........

I also want to loose it for myself, to be gorgeous for myself, and buy clothes from anywhere and get them in the sales.

phil, when you get to goal will you post a picture;):D

ok, i cant relate to some of these, i ve never been thin, im smaller now (14-16) than i was when i left school.
i want to lose well, becuase i can. i want to be 11 stone, because im stubborn.
new incentive now is having to have a general anesthetic - want to live, and lower bmi is better.
i can buy clothes out of regular shops now, and it is great - so keep going girls, its lovely.
(i would also like to lose my 34GG bust, but dont tell oh cause he likes it:eek:)
tx

I've decided to keep revisiting this thread especially if i feel like i might not succeed or if i've fallen off the wagon. Makes me feel sad to think about things i've missed out on, and helps me think about why i'm doing this which i've never really done before. I think everyone is really brave putting their reasons up for scrutiny!

Because I was fed up of hiding behind my daughter when we had our photo taken, or hiding from the camera at all. There are very few photos of me and her until this last year since I got to target. Photos are very precious and I want loads of us now!

I was watching the clothes sizes creep up to an 18 and found myself cutting labels out of them (like it hid the true size??) and I hated my thighs rubbing together when I walked. I wanted to feel confident when chairing meetings or walking into a crowded office and I wanted to wear a tight shirt and pencil skirt!!!

Also, my bp was very high. Losing 3 stone hasn't made the blindest bit of differerence to it, although as it previous posts - you got to prove to the docs that things aren't always weight related and I do make a point of telling the doctor that I have lost the weight and it's not changed a thing!

I had a knee replacement in Feb this year and my joints are riddled with arthritis. Still in a lot of pain with my knee and guess what the doctor says Loose weight and all will be fine! I want to loose the weight just to prove to him that being overweight isn't always the answer to joint problems. I know for a fact after looseing 10 stone previously (gained it back though) it made no difference to my pain, but can you tell doctors..........

I also want to loose it for myself, to be gorgeous for myself, and buy clothes from anywhere and get them in the sales.

I know exactly how you feel, Charlotte Grace... EVERY health problem I've ever had is blamed on weight, when in fact a large portion of the weight has crept on because of the health problems. A definite Catch 22 situation. :mad:

Ya know what I say to these doctors? (Other than why have you given me advice for the past 8years that is in total contridiction to what you have now decided as a diagnosis?! But that's another story)
"I've always been fat but I haven't had X before, so it can't just be my weight can it?!

Back