• Christmas Eve

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Before December

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
A few days before Christmas ;)

Well one of our cats likes to think she's Tarzan, and tries to climb the dam thing then grabs onto one of the branches and sort of swings from it...

Plus they like chasing the baubles round the floor and quite often knock them behind the tree, and last year we didn't realise and when we took the tree down to put away, there were about 8 baubles hiding there...

Regardless of how many times I have to get her down from the tree and have to stop the others biting the fake branches, Christmas would not be Christmas in my house without the tree up asap.. (though granted sometimes I do feel like strangling the little devils lol)

lol...awww that is sooo cute, swinging from the tree like tarzan :) mine didnt bother with the tree last year,but ive 2 new editions to my furry family,theyre 7 months old,and i cant see them leaving it alone...

im a bit ocd about my tree,so they'd better leave it alone lol
ive decided to adopt a cat,shes coming this week a goregous persian, shes older though so she shouldnt be a problem :D

i love christmas with cats though, so cute when batting the ornaments :D

First week of December :). Though this is my first year In my first home with my bf :) and we don't even own a tree yet! But I'm such a big kid. I'd have it up In November lol

aww hope you have a happy first christmas :)

My tree goes up Xmas eve comes down boxing day, any longer and dusting it takes hours

awww :D

i take my christmas down the day after boxing day, but i leave my other bits out.

I'm resisting my fiancé's desire to put the Christmas tree up now, but probably we'll put it in straight after Halloween. My reasoning has been that I don't want to start celebrating the birth of the Celtic king of Sun before he's dead. Just in case you don't know what I'm talking about, in the Celtic religion, Halloween was the night the King of Sun died (Samaine), that's why the ghosts were allowed out and people wear masks to confuse the spirits. The King of Sun would be born again at Yule, 21st of December, which should have been Christmas day for the Christian tradition, except that they got the day wrong. It was due to the Romans celebrating their Saturnalia festivals on that day and the Church wanting to keep important celebrations of the pagan world into the Christian religion. That's also why the 15th of August is the "assumption of the Virgin Mary", because the 15th of August in the Roman empire was a holiday for everyone except slaves, as it was Augustus birthday (the first emperor of Rome).

So to me, I start looking at Christmas stuff after Halloween, it's my excuse. Not that I'm a wikka or a celt, but I just like reading about religions :)

oh, and I take the tree down after Little Christmas (6th of January). In Italy where I'm from Little Christmas is celebrated like Christmas day, with presents and a meal. We call it "The Epiphany" because it's the day the King Mages arrived to see Jesus and brought him gifts. Hence, kids also get gifts which in the Italian traditions are brought by an old woman, the "Befana", who looks like an old witch. There's a legend about that, seems that the King Mages had banged at the door of a house to ask where the grotto with Jesus was and this woman had answered the door. She didn't know where the grotto was so the mages kept on going their way, but after a while she thought that if this child was so important, she ought to give him a gift too. But... she had no idea how to find the grotto, so she would go and give a gift to all children, so she might give one even to this important child. From that year then, this woman would give a gift to all kids in the land in the night between the 5th and the 6th.

That was normally when kids in Italy would get their Christmas presents in the past, but after the war, with the globalisation of Christmas, kids would see the Christmas tree (which is not an Italian tradition, in Italy we make "presepe" which is a miniature reproduction of Bethlem at Christmas) and Father Christmas... and parents would start to give the biggest presents at Christmas time, so the kids would be able to play with them during holidays, and leave the "stocking" with the sweets and small presents for the Befana (she's an elder lady, she can't carry much... Father Christmas is a stronger bloke!)

So I normally take off my tree and decorations on the 7th of January :)

wont put ours up unitl we are at least into december,but the girls will be nagging to do it on the 1st LOL
They still beleive in santa too,the eldest is 10,tho I am not completely sure if she may be just humouring me !!

wont put ours up unitl we are at least into december,but the girls will be nagging to do it on the 1st LOL
They still beleive in santa too,the eldest is 10,tho I am not completely sure if she may be just humouring me !!

Well my dad told me (when I was younger) that I had to pretend that Santa existed for my sisters sake (she is 3 years younger then me) or else there would be no presents under the tree from Santas replacements, Mum and Dad...

I actually believed him, how sad is that...

Well my dad told me (when I was younger) that I had to pretend that Santa existed for my sisters sake (she is 3 years younger then me) or else there would be no presents under the tree from Santas replacements, Mum and Dad...

I actually believed him, how sad is that...

my eldest will be 8 at christmas, he still believes in santa,or the last time we spoke he did..hsi brother is 4 years younger so im hoping that when my eldest doesnt believe, he still keeps the secret for his brother

i have silly little traditions...one,i like to have a new gorgeous decoration for the tree or the house...i got a gorgeous glass slipper last year.

ive been to asda today,and my aunt got some new decorations from there,shes changing her colours for the tree this year to pink and purple! the purple is really nice,the pink..not for me

i have silly little traditions...one,i like to have a new gorgeous decoration for the tree or the house...i got a gorgeous glass slipper last year.

Thats what my Mum does well she gets a new bauble for the tree every year, and we started doing that too. Also I have other little things I do like putting candy canes and chocolate money on the tree, but not sure I'm gona do that this year.

Did see once some big gold wrapped chocolate money which hung on there own on the tree, if I ever see them again I might just get two of those, as I could easily get through over half a dozen bags on chocolate coins by myself...

when i was little,my mum had a little tree on our landing.she descorated it really nice one year with various bits and lots of hanging coins,choco santas etc...

me and my brother had a secret midnight feast on all the chocolate on the tree,and we carefully hung the wrappers back onto the tree lol

my mum didnt notice until she went to dust around the tree...:D

when i was little,my mum had a little tree on our landing.she descorated it really nice one year with various bits and lots of hanging coins,choco santas etc...

me and my brother had a secret midnight feast on all the chocolate on the tree,and we carefully hung the wrappers back onto the tree lol

my mum didnt notice until she went to dust around the tree...:D

LMAO

Sounds like me with the After Eight mint chocolates. My mum used to get me a small box each year for Christmas, and I used to pick at them before Christmas day as I new where she hid them. One year though, I ate so many of them she noticed, and never bought them for me again :cry::cool:

lol...aww... i do love after eights,i can eat the whole box in one sitting :D this will be my first year without them :(

i like forero roche too..i bought my mum a box for christmas last year,at some point my eldest child had raided the box (i didnt notice they were missing) the little devil had kept the wrappers and wrapped up bits of his play doh and put them back in the box lol

1st December

I'm trying to persuade my hubby to put the tree up on the 21st of this month at the moment lol, but we shall see...

Back