Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Christmas Eve

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Before December

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
I'm trying to persuade my hubby to put the tree up on the 21st of this month at the moment lol, but we shall see...

lol....you just want to give the cats something to do,dont you?! :8855:
:D

More likely myself..

Nearly went flying on a bauble last year lol.

Suppose the best thing about this year, is that last year they didn't go out as we didn't want to let them out till they had been neutered / spayed.

Now they go out and seem to sleep a lot more when there not outside playing.

Was gona take bets to see who would be the first to knock something off the tree. Darwin is the most inquisitive, but my money is on Suzie aka Devils Child

More likely myself..

Nearly went flying on a bauble last year lol.

Suppose the best thing about this year, is that last year they didn't go out as we didn't want to let them out till they had been neutered / spayed.

Now they go out and seem to sleep a lot more when there not outside playing.

Was gona take bets to see who would be the first to knock something off the tree. Darwin is the most inquisitive, but my money is on Suzie aka Devils Child

lol...Suzie sounds a sweetie...my Harry is the same,when hes got one on him, he becomes battlecat lol

Alfie is a fat pudding and is very clumsy, just like garfield :D

Not putting ours up at all this year - can't be flaming well bothered with it to be totally honest. We all came to the same conclusion without telling each other at first :D We aren't Scrooge's or anything - usually the tree is up and decorated any time between November 20th and December 1st every year but this year we can't be bothered with the mess, the hassle of getting the thing out the garage and the whole decorating it only to put it away in a few weeks. Plus we can't afford presents this year anyway so we're not really going to have that to look forward to either.

So basically we're still going to have inexpensive fun at home and then go out for one meal to celebrate Christmas. No kids around so we're not making the effort with the tree - I'm gonna see if it brings me any good luck in the New Year to not have had the tree up :D Haha.

Christmas is going to be the same as any other day of the year for me this year - but not too fussed as going to fill it with as much fun as poss :)

Just persuaded the hubby that if the flat is nice and tidy by the weekend, then we are going to put the tree up on Saturday or Sunday :)

I can't wait..

I was hoping for last weekend but think that was pushing it a bit.

I'm like a big kid but I don't care :)

Just persuaded the hubby that if the flat is nice and tidy by the weekend, then we are going to put the tree up on Saturday or Sunday :)

I can't wait..

I was hoping for last weekend but think that was pushing it a bit.

I'm like a big kid but I don't care :)

:D Hun, you sound just like me!

I'll be jealous if you're allowed yours up this weekend....I have to wait till next :p

It's nearly Christmas....yeah!

Well I wanted it up before December the 1st and its something I like to do with my hubby, and cause he works 6-6 Monday - Friday, I didn't think there was much chance of him wanting to put it up when he came home on Monday or Tuesday next week.

Not putting ours up at all this year - can't be flaming well bothered with it to be totally honest. We all came to the same conclusion without telling each other at first :D We aren't Scrooge's or anything - usually the tree is up and decorated any time between November 20th and December 1st every year but this year we can't be bothered with the mess, the hassle of getting the thing out the garage and the whole decorating it only to put it away in a few weeks. Plus we can't afford presents this year anyway so we're not really going to have that to look forward to either.

So basically we're still going to have inexpensive fun at home and then go out for one meal to celebrate Christmas. No kids around so we're not making the effort with the tree - I'm gonna see if it brings me any good luck in the New Year to not have had the tree up :D Haha.

Christmas is going to be the same as any other day of the year for me this year - but not too fussed as going to fill it with as much fun as poss :)

Well the nephew says he will cook something for us all on boxing day. Now I have no problem with this as I know he's not a bad cook, but (and I tried to explain this to my other half) he could cook something any day of the week and time of the year, why this Christmas.

The one time of year I love is Christmas and I have always cooked the food (a roast) for us all on either Christmas Eve or Boxing day, its something I love to do, cooking a roast is my favourite thing to cook.

I have not said anything as don't want to come off rude and ungrateful or even worse that I won't eat his food, which isn't true.

Means after going to my Mothers on Christmas day, I'm not gona be cooking any roasts this year. Sounds a bit sad I know, but like putting a tree up before my Birthday on the 14th its the one other thing I love doing this month, as its my favourite time of year and its like a sorta tradition thats been going on for 3 years now..

Ahh well, haven't even managed to get the tree up yet :( and its December already. Here's hoping for tonight (fingers crossed)

Good news everyone, no need to cancel Christmas this year, as our tree finally went up yesterday LMAO (albeit without baubles until the weekend, but it does have tinsel on it)

The old tree was too wide and wouldn't fit in the living-room, and my hubby said he didn't think I would be happy with it being in the back room (he was right I would have put up with it there, but not been too happy about it)

We had to buy a new tree though, but thanks too B&Q it only cost £15, its still a fake (over) 6ft tree, but its slimline so once we moved the long stand the TV was on, over a little, it was able to fit nicely in the corner of the room....

Ours is every 6th of December, put it down on 5th of January. Oh, I can't wait!

Our tree goes up on the 1st December. When the kids were little I had to stop them wanting to put it up - these days they have to restrain me lol.

We might have to get a smaller tree this year (its a 5-6ft tree, a skinny tree at that, but sadly just to big) :cry:

We only live in in a two bedroom flat with separate kitchen bathroom toilet and living-room/dining-room combined.

Now we changed the layout of the living-room to accommodate a small table (as the second bedroom is finally becoming a bedroom) a smaller tree is needed.

I'm currently trying to see if we can't still put the bigger tree in the second bedroom but we shall see .

Anyway it always goes up as soon as possible.

Last year was the first year we actually put it up together without arguing, helps to have a system in place (he gets the baubles ready and I hang them one by one, where ever I want on the tree, works for me)

I usually put mine up in the first week of December, then take it down beginning of January.

Back