When you've got a cold

Bibaloo

It's hard!!
I don't want to eat protein, I want toast and jam (except I wouldn't be able to taste it)
I'm not hungry but I want to eat (the wrong things)
And in a week (which has included 4 days of attack) I've only lost 3/4 pound

Fed up and dishearted. Pah x

I think on a cold you retain water like its you TOTM, so I wouldnt worry. If youve stuck to the diet I bet in the next couple off weeks till drop off suddenly.

I love chicken soup when I'm sick... (or that's what I'd tell myself now if I were!!).

Poor you!

Definitely chicken soup... it's soooo comforting :) Hope you feel much better soon... being ill really sucks x

I'm afraid i've fallen off the wagon a bit. Only toast would do so I had toast. I'll climb back on when I'm feeling better though :)

Oh bless you, you must be feeling really pants :( Why don't you try making some Dukan bread tomorrow if you're feeling a bit better? Or will that really not do? Dose yourself up on some vitamin C, pop some lemon in hot water and get yourself to bed - and get well soon x

Aw thank you. That's very kind of you. I expected to get slated.
I haven't got any quark in to make the bread (and am not that keen anyway tbh) but I'll be back on my galettes tomorrow in the hope I feel better.
Might do a few pv days til it's gone. It's the thought of pp days that make me gag when I dont feel like eating anyway.
On horrendous 6pm-4am shifts from tomorrow too which won't help.
Urgh roll on Monday!

Are you feeling sweet or savoury? If sweet, try a cuddly choco drink - low fat cocoa, skim mik, sweetener, heat up and just wallow...
If savoury, Jewish moms standby of chicken soup is always best, though sometimes a splash of tomato paste or beef stock, and a bit of cauliflower (in lieu of the noodles, assuming shirataki noodles not available) is pretty good too.
Hope you feel better soon. Pants being ill.

Hope you feel better soon and can avoid the toast, I think sticking to PV days would be your best bet till you feel better and I would defo get some chicken soup on the boil! Get well soon xxx

Don't forget the other things for when you're ill - hot water bottle or electric blanket, vicks vaporub, romcom dvds etc - they all help cheer you up even if food can't. :bighug:

Back