Which Apples do you buy.

fillymum

synful soul
In one of our local suoermarkets they had a special offer on an apple called Pink Lady.

Now I am usually a Royal Gala kind of a person but was influenced by the crisp look of these apples and of course the price.

I bought just 2 to try in case I didn't like them. They are so delicious.They have a fantastic flavour. I bought 2 kilos today.

The special offer has worked. I am a total convert.

Pink-lady-apples_w480.jpg

www.pinkladyapples.co.uk/

I love Pink Lady apples but they are normally so expensive.

I'm a big fan of British apples and buy them whenever I can (believe it or not, they're not easy to find!)
I love russets and coxes lots.

I don't like Granny Smiths or Golden Delicious though. Yuk.

I like crisp apples - cannot stand the squishy ones - I'm very fussy with my fruit! So the only ones I'll eat are Pink Lady's or Granny Smiths! Actually haven't had an apple for ages, will put some in shopping basket next time I go xxx

I only like Golden delicious, I do eat quite a lot of them, however they have to be quite dark in colour and unbruised otherwise I won't buy them!

I only tend to buy braeburns as OH is painfully fussy about apples. Do the pink lady apples taste very "red"? I am not a fan of the bitter taste you get from the skin of some of the apples that have a fairly red skin.

My faves are Braeburn, boskoop (think they might be a German variety though) and cox -I do like pink lady ooh and russets when they are about... but can't stand Granny smith or Golden delicious

I like crisp apples - cannot stand the squishy ones - I'm very fussy with my fruit! So the only ones I'll eat are Pink Lady's or Granny Smiths! Actually haven't had an apple for ages, will put some in shopping basket next time I go xxx

I'm with Devon Dumpling - Pink Lady and Granny Smiths are the only one's I'll eat. Pink Lady are usually a lot more expensive, so they're a special treat!

Braeburn & Coxes.

I love pink lady apples but like most have already said, they are usually expensive so good for you getting a bargain!

I buy whatever is on offer. But not Granny Smiths or Golden Delicious. The ones that tend to be on offer are Braeburns or Galas which I do like. Also Coxs are good. Often the offers can be for some variety I've never heard of, but usually so long as they are a greeny/red mix they are fine (ie not totally green like Granny Smiths or a horrible yellow colour like Golden Delicious)

I've only ever had a Pink Lady apple once - it was in the Slimmer of the Week fruit basket when I won it once.

It was lovely, easily better than most other apples I eat.

However, as they seem to be at least £2, sometimes £3 for a pack of 4, and the bags of 6-7 of whatever is on offer is 99p usually (69p this week thanks to ALDI super 6), I've not bought them since!

I only tend to buy braeburns as OH is painfully fussy about apples. Do the pink lady apples taste very "red"? I am not a fan of the bitter taste you get from the skin of some of the apples that have a fairly red skin.

No not at all. They are delicious. The taste is so fantastic. The official description on their web site is "refreshingly sweet, champagne like taste" "

Easily the best apples I have eaten in ages.

They were 1. 85. € a kilo so I suppose that is about £1. 60p. for 2 lbs. Is that a good price ??

Me too - very fussy.

Don't like bitter, or dry, or 'fuzzy' flesh.

Braeburn are lovely and crisp and sweet - best of the bunch. Otherwise it's usually coxes. I can be swayed by 2 for 1 offers, but usually end up regretting it.

Thanks fillymum, I may give them a go if i see them on offer. I like the idea of buying apples called "pink lady" ;)

Thanks fillymum, I may give them a go if i see them on offer. I like the idea of buying apples called "pink lady" ;)

Could have been grown for you !!

Atomic Pink eats Pink Lady lol !!

And just to be a little different - Mac Red would be my apple of choice, I love them really red and squidgy - I hate apples that are hard work to eat, unless they are chopped up in a salad then I spose I'd eat any, but I only buy Mac Reds.

Back