Who is Making Me Fat?

I'm all peach and no strawberry, baby ;)

Fizzy hurts my tummy :( Why is that?

I love the fizzy stuff. I got some flavourings to add to water to make it more interesting so I do try to drink that most of the time but I still like coke etc.

Those meal deals sound really good, we don't get anything like that here. I'm on the usual sort of thing tonight, trout, potatoes, carrots, cauli and brocoli. It's all cooking and it should be ready anytime - I'm starving.

Wish I was like everyone else and preferred still water. Never mind, there's worse things I could be drinking.

Tracey

I was so addicted to fizzy that I am surprised I still have my own teeth! Coca cola to me was like my life raft!

I have always drunk squash as well and was putting that much Roses lime cordial in my water that people wondered why I was adding any water.

When I started on Go Lower they told me to drink water and I was like "that is a problem" so they told me to try the flavoured waters and I have to say, shocked as I am I like them. I am drinking more fluid now each day than I ever used to.

The strawberry has to be cold for me to enjoy and I still have a bottle of peach I haven't even opened.

Lemon and lime is definetly the one I prefer.

I hope you enjoyed your dinner Tracey. Sorry you don't get the meal deals. Sometimes they can work out really great.

One thing I've picked up from Austria is if I want something fizzy, or even the flavour of fruit juice with a few less calories. Is to have sparling water, but with a bit of fruit juice in.
It's totally different (I think) to the fizzy flavoured waters and pop in general but it's nice!
They gave it to the kids, to dilute the fruit juice (so the sugar is less concentrated).

I struggle to drink enough in general, I have to force myself to drink because I just don't notice it. I'm not keen on water, although I don't dislike it as such any more.
On an average day if I don't make myself drink more I'd probably have a coffee in the morning and a glass of water/juice whatever in the evening, and not much more.

Don't know why but I just can't do fizzy water.

Since being on the diet I am very proud of myself that I have just about given up fizzy drinks.

When I go out I am having fruit jucie, not ideal but in my mind the healthier option. If I am really stuck I am having lemonade but I can have one half to last me all evening, whereas if it was coca cola I would be drinking bottles of the stuff.

I've done very well today, I've had no fizzy pop until now - and this one is laced with lemon bacardi. I've had water most of the day, it's fizzy and with raspberry flavouring but it's a start. I seem to find plain water really boring but in the summer when it's very hot I drink gallons of the stuff because it seems to be the only thing that quenches your thirst.

Tracey

Thankfully I don't have the same problem. Although I like fizzy, prefer plain old water instead. Sometimes I really let the boat out and add low cal cordial, but not often. And when it comes to the fizzy water - hate it! Would much rather drink coffee which I also hate to have a fizzy water. I am a huge tea drinker though and go through gallons of the stuff.

xx

You're so lucky to prefer still water and tea, I wish I did. I seem to have been made to like everything that's bad for you. I always drink coffee instead of tea, I like it really strong too. I do try to limit it as much as possible but it's difficult when I'm limiting everything else. I suppose I must have some bad habits and there's far worse things I could be doing.

Tracey

Well Tracey, at least it's not juice! Imagine all the calories.. I see people drinking huge glasses of juice now and I cringe haha, isn't it silly?

I know, I don't drink juice at all anymore. I'd rather eat my calories than drink them, it's more satisfying.

Yeah, that sounds good :) I'm lucky I'm an avid tea drinker.

Yeah same here! Think we're very lucky indeed. I just crave water now for some reason, feel bizarre if I don't have my 2 litres. That can only be a good thing tho :)

Yeah, all of my family love water. Its always a jug of water on the table at meal times. Very occasionally my daughter will ask me for blackcurrant, but that is soo rare, I can't even count it. In fact the orange squash I've got, I think is out of date now and will have to be thrown away, we drink so little of it. I tend to have the stuff in when friends are over. Daft, I spend my money on other people.....oh well.

xx

I have never like tea or coffee, strange I know.

I am one of those that sometimes has juice now as I can't work out which is worse, lemonade or fruit juice when I am out.

At a friends 40th on Saturday I asked for apple juice and they didn't have any so I went for lemonade but I am sure they are both as bad as each other. It is just juice seems to be healthier in my eyes.

I can't do plain water no matter how hot it is, it must be flavoured with something!

Suzy have you tried flavoured tea's? Personally I'm not a fan, but they are good for you - better than a fruit juice! Sometimes though, I do prefer a 100% fruit juice and kid myself it's not that bad coz at least it counts to 1 of my 5 day! Not that I have a problem filling that quota! But a fruit juice does make a change. I can't be bothered with fizzy drinks. I always feel so bloated on them..

xx

Back