why am I so different and putting weight on

suepass

I hate moaning. I am not a moaner. Honest
But I must be a freak.
Apart from the weight gain, which I kidded myself was water, the tape measure now says that 7cm has gone on around my waist,in the last week, which would explain the tight trouser feeling.
I am doing the diet correctly so won't list what I am drinking or eating. I am only doing this for one more week then stopping.
I am so depressed as I love this diet. I hate ww and sw. would rather do stravation like LLL.
All I can think of is that I am eating way too many calories.

Hi Sue

I know you say you would rather not post your menus, but honestly hun it will help us see if there's something you're eating that has stalled some of us too - why not post one day's worth of food and see how we go?

Susie x

I don't what to say Sue. Maybe you need to watch your calories too. Perhaps you should put what you eat & drink on here. Someone may be able to help. Are you sure you are drinking enough water? Are you bunged up? Stay strong x

ok 2 days worth.
Thursday
b-4 cocktail sausages (1 carb) 1/2 a mims (no added sweetener)
L-salami x6 slices. 5 lettuce leaves, 1 chilli, 2tbs mayo, other half of mim. x4 cocktail sausages.
D- 3 rashers of belly of pork, 6 lettuce leaves, mayo and vin and oil dressing. mim (unsweetened) with butter.
x2 tea x1 coffee made with double cream.
Friday-
B-x3 cocktail sausages,
L-salami, smoked salmon pate (1.5 carbs) 1/2 unsweetened mim with butter. x1 chilli
D- rump steak, mayo, 6 lettuce leaves. small avodaco
x2 tea (with ss milk) x2 coffee with double cream
both days I have drank 2.5L of water.
Does this seem OK

Stay with us until we can understand whats happening - we will sort you out!! Very soon you will be losing like the rest of us!!

Stay with us until we can understand whats happening - we will sort you out!! Very soon you will be losing like the rest of us!!

I hope so I am at the end of my tether. I have even ordered "the new Atkins the new you" book.

Hmmm that looks pretty good to me, but here's some suggestions - cut out the Mims for a couple of days and try some other green leafy stuff - cabbage, cauli and spinach? Don't be frightened to use your whole 3 large mug allowance, it does help.

Also, you're not having eggs? Unless you don't like them, why not try them with bacon in the morning instead of the processed sossies? Or an omelette?

What does everyone else think?

Are you in ketosis? I think you need to find out because that may give you a clue to what is going on. You need to get ketostix from a chemists to test. If you are not in ketosis then you need to reassess what you are eating.

I would definately drop the cocktail sausage unless they are pure meat which I doubt very much.

BTW what is a Mim?

personally i would completely ditch the ,coffee, cream, mayo and cocktail sausages.

my opinion is that its's the sausages to blame. but the coffee wont be helping

Hi suepass,

I always read your posts with interest as we started on then same week.

I also stalled. On week two I sts, next week I put on a pound and then sts for a week.I was at the end of my tether. for me I realised I was not eating enough veg, so I upped that and lowered my fat intake slightly - good fats not so much sat fats and the weight started dropping again. I was also binging on pork crackling which i nipped. In the bud.

I hope this helps.

Hmm - tricky. I can understand not losing but putting weight on is wierd. Most likely bunged up, totm or something else. Do you know if you are firmly in ketosis? has body given signs vs sticks (so wee colour/smell, not feeling hungry etc)

You should read the chapter in book about metabolic resistance - atkins does talk quite a lot about this and all possible causes plus ideas to crack it. Good luck!

HI,
the sausages are from the best range about 89% meat. but will stop them.
I am in ketosis, though only for past 2 days, and only gone to pink.
I have also got all the drugs that Atkins recommends for freaks like me.
I will also ditch the cream for a few days and see how it goes.
also I must admit since I discovered the mim i have felt bloated, but thanks to them there is no way I am bunged up.
See I am a freak!!
Ps period came on tuesday. could this be anything to do with it. I always thought water retention was a build up to it.

Totm always adds a few pounds hun, for all of us, so you're not a freak, you're normal - sorry about that :)

Tweak as suggested, and stick with it for a few days, then let's see where you are, OK?

HI,
the sausages are from the best range about 89% meat. but will stop them.
I am in ketosis, though only for past 2 days, and only gone to pink.
I have also got all the drugs that Atkins recommends for freaks like me.
I will also ditch the cream for a few days and see how it goes.
also I must admit since I discovered the mim i have felt bloated, but thanks to them there is no way I am bunged up.
See I am a freak!!
Ps period came on tuesday. could this be anything to do with it. I always thought water retention was a build up to it.

i know its awful to ditch the foods you like.sausages, mayo, cream all stall me bigtime, have no idea why.

How long have you been doing Atkins Sue? Im guessing not long as you have only just got into ketosis, I think with TOTM and only just getting into ketosis could be the reasons. Im pretty sure if you follow all the advice you have been given and give it another week or so you will start to see the results you want. Good luck with it!

thanks all. feel a little better as I now have a plan. I will ditch sausages, cream, mayo. for one week and see how I go. will cut MIM down to one every other day and only have one morning tea with a splash of milk.
if that does not work then will go on meal replacement for breakfast and lunch and have low carb meal. (same as LLL)
I cant go back to all SW or WW too much hassell, worrying about sins and points. I can't be bothered with it. I like this diet!!

Yeah the cocktail sausages will definitly be high carbs. I've not found any that are under 11g per 100g or something stupid like that. Are you counting the carbs right? In the UK we dont subtract fibre, so just check you're reading the top line (only polyol's you subtract).

And whats this about mayo stalling?! I live off the stuff!!!! I'm hoping its the dairy that stalls me becuase I'll cry for sure if its the mayo lol!

Back