Why I have to lose weight?

Thanks Tracey --

We're planning to go to London to see Jersey Boys soon -- as our celebration.

MM

Happy anniversary Mel! Ok, goal after wedding - to reach 30th anniversary!!!

I hate my boobs! I cant wear anything baggy cos it just makes me look fat because they are so massive! I am usually a size 10 and 32E but I'm a 12 now and 32F! I cant complain too much because I obviously seem to store fat there and if it wasn't in my boobs it would be somewhere else! I would rather they were saggy spaniel ears than the way they are now.

Oh and I thought of another reason when I was at shops this afternoon - I love vintage clothes and they are always so tiny so I will fit into more of them!

x

Happy Anniversary MinnieMel

I disagree about the boob shrinkage too! Part of the reason I started eating more (twisted I know) was to see if I could put any weight on them ... it didn't work till I got to about a size 16 ... will be sad to lose them haha

Maybe I'm just a bit odd with the boob thing! I've always had big ones though, since 1st year at school and everyone else had wee pancakes, so I've always hated them since then.

x

My boobs were ok when I was younger but they could just do with a bit of pumping up.

Sugar fiend, I know what you mean about the putting weight on for your boobs. I've lost about half a stone and from that I've lost 2 inches from my boobs, 2 inches from my waist and only a half from my legs and from my hips. It's the last stone that comes from my hips and legs so I just have to get to target.

Tracey

Hi Again Tarotwoman, et al.

I have a thin face and so by the time I lose the weight from my hips and thighs (although I never seem to get them slim enough) -- everyone around is complaining that I am too thin. So, I have keep turning around an indicating my "storage locker". UGH!

Klizw, whe you get to goal -- if you are very unhappy with our ample bosom -- you can see if you can get the NHS to pay for reduction. They will for both medical and psychological reasons. It is a farily serious operation and does leave some scarring (and it takes some time heal)-- but with a good surgeon it will not be too horrendous. I have had a few friends who have had this done. None have them have any regrets. However, three of them had already had their children before doing this. One has not married or had any children, yet (she was only 17 or 18 when she had the op).

MM

If you want to lose weight from your boobs can you send them my way please lol

Thanks Mel, dont think I would go that drastic though! I would be quite happy if I could get them to a DD, I'll see how they end up when i'm at my target, they will just be all saggy. I just get annoyed when looking for bras, most of the time I can only find big back sizes in an E+

x

First of all, happy anniversary Mel!

Klizw, I agree. I can never fit into cute/awesome vintage clothes which just kills me. Went shopping today to motivate myself. I didn't let myself buy anything until I can buy something in a smaller size. I also looked at all the things that I can't pull off now but that I might be able to in a few months time, fingers crossed!

Klizw, have you tried Marks and Spencers? I wear 38D which isn't terrible but I still have a hard time finding my size and they usually have many options. Bras in general are just so horrible.

Thanks Peachy.

Klizw -- I'd wait until I had my children before I had a reduction, anyway. (Breasts blow up when you are preggers, and I am not sure how it would affect your breastfeeding.) Oh the plus side -- my nearly 50 year old friend is a D cup and does not need a bra, because when they reduced the volume, they lifted and tweaked them. Her breasts are as perky as a teenagers. And, that is several years post op (she had it done about 8 years ago).

MM

Hi Minniemel,
I love people like you that love to spend other peoples money! I just don't know if I can afford to have you tag along as you may double my bill by the end of the trip by saying oh yes, that looks good and I would believe you over the shop assistant!

I'm glad I gave you a laugh Tracey with the tights. If this weather carries on I really need to go and buy some more. Yes I also have the thigh problem, and under the boobs..... why do we all seem to get it all?

Talking of boobs I just want a lift as after feeding two babies they are heading south now and they were always the one feature I was happy with what ever my weight.

Happy Anniversary. My seven and a half years has a long way to catch up to 23, and even further to catch Tracey nearly 30!

Yep Suzy, I have the droopy boob syndrome after feeding 2 babies, the 'babies' are now 29 and 27 but the boobs are as droopy as ever. It'd be nice if you could just pump them up a bit and lift them to where they should be. Just what a boob job would do, but then I think if I was gona do something like that i think a tummy tuck would be better.

The soreness under the boobs problem I got rid of with canesten cream. It comes back occasionally in the summer but that seems to clear it up well.

Tracey

Thanks for the advice Tracey.

I am hoping this summer not to have the same problem............ although they will still be droopy I shouldn't have the shelf under them that makes me look like I am still heavily pregnant!

Don't get me started on plastic surgery as I would not know where to stop.

Tummy tucks, boob job, liposuction and sculpting, nose job while I was at it. I am even noticing that I am getting a lot of wrinkles around my eyes so botox or whatever they use to fill them out may be an option. I think I could probably go a few more years though before I need a face lift!!! See I told you I wouldn't know where to stop. Isn't it just as well I love myself!!!! and I haven't won the lotto.

Gosh I can't wait until I am slim and then I can forget about most of the above!

I think the same about surgery if I get started I'll never stop. The 2 I'd really like are boobs and tummy tuck though. I've had a hysterectomy and my belly is even worse than the jelly belly I used to have now.

The only thing I'd want done on my face are my eyes, the fold is nearly down to my eyelashes now, but I'm not that bothered about them really.

Tracey

I would loveee a boob job... it's on the life list.
After "lose weight", "buy nice car (had to sell my old one because it broke)" and before "buy my own house". I can dream :D

I'd be far too scared to get anything done on my face though, the thought makes me feel squeamish.

Sugar Fiend -- What's to change on your face? You're young, have lovely balanced features, and an English Rose complexion.

Again with "working the system advice" -- if the folds in your eyelids (be warned young ladies: good moisturizer and avoid the sun) affect your vision at all the NHS may pay for them to fixed. I had a friend who had this done (they were very droopy -- what I's describe as crumpled tissue paper). It not a big deal -- and she so pleased.

Here's my plastic surgery list:

Tummy Tuck
Breast Lift (poss. smaller implants -- not a fan of bigger breasts)
Spider vein lasering (legs and a few on the face)
Possibly some "filler" for facial lines
**teeth whitened
(my sister had this done -- it makes you look more youthful)
Eventually, a face lift (but not freaky one -- refreshing one)

I am very lucky I have skin like rubber - so two big babies and no stretch marks. But, the c-section with #2 left me (even when at goal and working out) with permanent pouch. (Some people call this a "lap apron".) It is not huge, can be hidden by clothes, I could even get away with a bikini (when at goal) if it was a higher cut. (I do not usually wear bikinis -- because of the sun avoidance, I am very fair.) Pregnancy has made my breasts -- even though not big -- a bit deflated and saggy, too.

MM

Last edited:
Aww thanks Minniemel you've made me smile there :) haha. I have to say good camera angles work wonders there too.

At the moment I wouldn't really change anything, but I have the droopy eyelids. And so do quite a few older family members. I'm sure my nans younger sister had them done on the nhs, but I don't see her often these days. I think I would consider it in a few (quite a few hopefully) years time, if I wasn't so squeamish about it being by the eyes!
Oh I would like my teeth whitened too, they're not horrible but could be better.

I think this kind of thing is all about what you see, so even if you can hide what you think are imperfections, or others don't notice. It's all about what you think. Do you see yourself actually getting the things you want done?

Because of my mental heatlh issue, plastic surgery is a risky road for me. It's sad but there are many surgeons out there in the uk who are more than willing to operate on someone like me despite what my doctor advises. My doctor and my counsellor have agreed that an op to improve my unevenness should it not be corrected by weightloss could be a exception and a benefit and I may consider it as a very last resort but plastic surgery is rarely used as a treatment and if someone turned around to me and said "hey you can have any surgery you want and it's free", the danger is I would go crazy, not caring about any of the risks or the harm I was doing and I'd never ever be happy with the result no matter what. I would rather learn to love myself as I am than chase after an ideal that my brain will always tell me I haven't achived.

Back