Why I have to lose weight?

I didnt know you could get your eyes done on the NHS if they are saggy. My mums have bothered her for years, I've just looked it up for her and says they do tests etc to see how much it affects vision. Would be good if she could get that done.

I think your right Kookie, thats why so many people get addicted to plastic surgery. They think it will fix problems they have on the inside and it doesn't fix the real problem so they keep going back for more. Its not something I think I would consider unless it was for health reasons. I dont smoke and I look after my skin fairly well. Just need to be exercising more to get toned up!

Hi
About the only thing I would actually get done is probably have my teeth whitened because of my horrible, disgusting habit they are a little stained from nicotine. Yes I know it is a very bad habit! One day I will quit.........

The spier veins may also have to be done when I have lost all the weight because I have a few and if I want to wear a bikini and actually walk around by the pool I want to look great.

I don't think I'd get anywhere here wanting anything like that on the health service.

Minniemel, don't I wish I had stretchy skin like yours! My skin never went back to normal after having children and then an hysterectomy left my belly like a disaster zone. I could get down to size zero and I'd still have it (not that I'd want to). Even when I'm down to target weight I shall have to make sure it all tucks nicely into my bikini.

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

It's all luck of the genes. I was very worried when I was pregnant with my first child because my mother has incredibly crepey skin (her stomach looked like it'd be rauched, and she had the saggy eyelids in her early 30s). However, I apparently have my father's mother's skin -- and she was tiny. She was only about 5'1" and weighed significantly less than 8 stone. She had 8 kids (and my father was 10 lbs) and not a strecth mark on her! I quit at two -- did not want to push my luck. LOL

MM

If I am honest I am also thinking I may need the dreaded tummy tuck if I really want to look good in a bikini as I am sure I will be left with an apron after having my two close together. My second was only 6 lb 5 1/2 oz but the damage was already done.

As for stretch marks, don't even go there...... I guess I won't know the full extent until I reach target as I still look like I am pregnant.

Yep, my two were close together too but I think I just had unstretchy skin. The youngest is now 27 so unless I get the dreaded tummy tuck I'm stuck with it. When I wa sa t target I wore a bikini ok, I just made sure it covered the baggy line up.

Maybe I could go for the tummy tuck and boob job for my 50th? Just over a couple of years to go. I'd love to have boobs that stand up straight when you sunbathe instead of flopping down under your armpits.

Tracey

Tarotwoman --

That sounds like a plan. My 50th is in 2 years, as well. I'd like to look better and be fitter on my 50th than I was on my 30th. (I am already thinner and probably fitter than I was on my 40th.)

MM

I guess I need to start saving. LOL

I just need to win the lotto. I have no chance of saving with two young un's. Imagine how guilty I would feel if they did without so Mummy could look good!

Today I was looking at planning my sons birthday party, what with a hall, an entertainer and party bags I am looking at a small fortune! That doesn't even include the food! I wish I had the patience and stamina to entertain about 30 kids for 2 hours!

Fortunatley the younger one is a summer baby so hopefully I can get away with small groups for his birthday as it is during the holidays!

I guess I can dream about my plastic surgery..............

When mine were that age we didn't do the entertainer and party bag thing. I used to take them and a couple of friends for a picnic and they'd run about in the country or on the beach all day while i read a book.

Bit much this time of year though, theirs were May and Sept so not too bad. Yep, the thought of 30 kids running round horrifies me too.

Tracey

Suzy, These big birthday parties are ridiculous. The "rule of thumb" when I was a child (recommended by child psychologists) was the same number of children and the age of the child, plus the child. So, a seven year old would have seven guests and himself. People need to learn to make choices (even young people) -- and if you are worried about hurt feelings, do not have your child give out the invitations in front of the rest of the class. If they are good friends -- you've probably met the parents or can get an invitation to them discreetly. Think of it this way, would you invite everyone you work with to your birthday party? And, I certainly do not think my children need or even want all the gifts the other children would gift.

I bake and bring in cupcakes to my daughter's class so they can all "enjoy" her birthday. And, she invites a few good friends for an outing and sleepover.

MM

Don't worry MinnieMel, all invites will be given to the teacher to put in their books bags as I wouldn't like the ones that aren't coming to feel left out. I am only inviting about half his class. The rest are made up of my friends children that are the same age as him and he does play with them socially.

Last year he missed out because of the snow. We were going away and organising a little party at the hotel but it was all cancelled the day before.

I am hoping that come next year I can just invite a few of his close friends and then I can organise a day out with them.

Tracey I am lucky my younger one is a summer baby so I can do something nice and simple for his birthday.

That is why I am not having the party in a hall. Can you imagine what 30 5 year olds can do to my house............

Don't say that about the noise, I am thinking of helping out alternate weeks in the nursery and reception one day a week...... maybe now I will just consider once a fortnight. I have just had my CRB back so I can now volunteer....... argghhhh!

I had one kid's party at house -- it was my son's 4th brithday, he is now 18. It cost me 45 pounds to have my carpets professionally cleaned (they had to be). Two months after the party I bent down to get something I dropped on the floor -- glance up and saw a kiddie sized handful of chocolate frosting (dried) globbed under the ledge of the kitchen counter! Never gain, I said.

MM

Last edited:
Back