Why I have to lose weight?

Almost as bad as my 21st at my parents, we found bread sticks stuck around the light fitings etc. We put the table across the room so people couldn't get to the otherside and they must have climbed underneath.

It is one thing kids making a mess as they don't understand but this lot knew what they were doing.

I managed to spend a small fortune yesterday on bits and pieces for the party and that is before I have got the food.

I did have one great idea, at least I thought it was. I have got a Ben 10 cake for the birthday boy and I have got mini Ben 10 fairy cakes for the kids to take home in their party bags. That way we won't have to do candles and then rush to get the cake cut and wrapped and into the party bags before they all leave.

I have always had a weight problem or should I say eating problem. :17729:
In the past I have wanted to lose weight for
holidays, weddings etc. :love047:
A few years ago I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid.
I put on 3 stone in as many months. :sigh:
Now I need to lose weight for health reasons. :ambulance:

• I want to be fitter
  • I want to be able to buy clothes anywhere I want
  • I want to feel more confident in myself
  • I want to be healthier since I have a lung condition
  • I want to have better hair and skin

I want to lose weight so I feel confident; I want to be able to just walk around with my head held high and not worried people are thinking things/laughing at me etc. I want to be able to shop anywhere, and wear lovely things that are fashionable! I don't want to feel embarrassed when i go out with my gorgeous friends, and I don't want to keep making up excuses every time there is a night out! I want my oh to be proud of being with me, (he says he is now but - i dont know how he possibly could be!!) and to sexy and confident and just good about myself!
xxx

I don't think it's so much about weight, rather that a healthy diet full of vits would encourage healthier skin. :hmm:

I am drinking lots of water on my diet and I think that also helps with your skin.

As I am losing weight and I feel better about myself I want to make more of an effort to look nice and pamper myself, even if it is just to moisturise. Normally I couldn't be botherd because I though what is the point?

I know how Suzy feels. After I lost nearly five stone -- it seemed worthwhile to take better care of myself. And, even though I have put about 1.5 stone back on -- I am still making the effort.

MM

Hi MM

You have made me feel better as I was thinking I am just being vain. I have put make-up on a lot more often than I used to, and I am doing my nails, hands and feet so they look nice.

As often as I can I am using the all over body lotion which I have had sitting on my dressing table for ages not being used. I just feel I want to do it for me, whereas before it was too much effort.

i want to feel attractive
when my OH lifts me up I don't want to have to tell him to put me down because i'm too heavy (he justs holds me up to prove his point that i'm not)
i want more energy and oomph
in the scale of things i'm not that overweight, but compared to what i used to be.. i'm a mess.. and i can tell that other people who knew me before i got pregnant think the same!

Thanks Tracey.

I am looking at my nails now as I type and they look so much better being painted. I feel better about myself too since I started losing weight.

I'm sure other people will notice your nails too, hands are very much on show aren't they. Mine are a dreadful mess this week, coz of mending things. My fingers are all rough, I've got oil stains that won't come off and my nails have been filed down to just a couple of mm showing coz a lot had broken. I've been sitting every night massaging handcream in to limit the damage. I'm now trying to fix as much as I can then I can get my hands and nails looking nice again.

Iona, I know the feeling if your OH tries to pick you up and you're more bothered that they'll hurt their back than anything else. Either that or you're gona be dropped.

Tracey

Hi Tracey, hows the fixing going?

Sorry to hear about your nails. My comment this week just tempted fate because last night when I was taking the kids out the car I broke a nail releasing the clip on the car seat. Whilst watching TV I cut them all down so they don't look odd! Now they need touching up! At least I can sympathise with you!

Why is it when ever I, or someone else comments on my nails I do something silly like break one???

Iona, I won't even let hubby try to lift me, he already has a dodgy back, I just know I would cripple him!

Fatlass that is great you are doing it for you and your kids.

Oh, I hate it when you break a nail on something like that. You just wish you could wind the clock back a few seconds and do things differently.

All the fixing is on hold for the moment to see how it settles - I'll try it again in a few days. If it doesn't work its to plan g or h next. a, b, c, d, e, and f have all been done.

Fatlass, you're doing it for the best of reasons, well done.

Tracey

Yep, so am I. It was wet when I looked at it this morning but so were a lot of things outside from condensation. The valve is metal so it would get like that, so I still don't know whether it's ok or not. It's definately better than it was though.

Since he's been away I've managed to fix most things but if I can't they go on the list of jobs for when he comes home. At least it's not leaking like mad now when my normal water is on, the pump we'll have to wait and see - cross fingers.

Tracey

Hi

Good to hear it appears to be fixed, at least as you said it is not as bad. I will also have my fingers crossed for you.

I've done it!!!!!!!!! It's fixed, leaks are fixed and I've got the pump working again. OMG, I can't believe it. I had the thing in bits again and spent all yesterday doing it. Once I got it going I even managed to get it all back together again. I was so pleased with myself. That's another job done with.

Tracey

PS. I put some pics of it in an album so you can see what's been causing all the problems.

Last edited:
Back