Wii EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge

3 days off in a row! Not through choice but I injured my 3rd toe on my Right foot and it's black and blue and rather sore! I'll give it a try and if it's too sore I'll do an upper body workout. (could have done that before! Just never thought!)

OK in my trainers, so Day 15 on hard, 178 cals.

Last edited:
hi bejewellery.

so what is the update with everyone? judi wow what a difference in your picture change!!! and hope your toe gets better.
so how was the hard session?
i'm gonna start from scratch again tomorrow and do it on medium. i also have a yogalates personal session tomorrow for 2 hours £50 but will be great. will update at how i got on. have decided to stop hopping on and off the scales for a month.
and am gonna stay dead focussed for this 30 day challenge.

so guys how are you all doing?

ps thanks judi for the welcome back as well.
pps EVANESCO !!!!! where are you ???

ok day one nd all has gone well, have burned 122 cals so happy about that.
did my yoga/pilates one on one class, all i can say is wow it was great, and weird thing is i had to have a little nap this evening.
what a work out very gentle but very effective, was with my instructor for nearly 3 hours.... time went so so fast.... (we ran over without realising it)
anyway i think he found muscles that i never thought i had.
and ok not massively calorie burning but such a fantastic total body workout.
will do mfc tomorrow and some pilates as well.

how is everyone?

Is this EA trainer any good. Im too big for wii fit, and would like something i can use in my privacy - but also cant get to gym during day as no car and too far !! :cry:

I love it , I'm 59! But I did find the running bit reduced me to a physical wreck at first! I couldn't come down stairs for 2 days I was so stiff after starting, (well I did but it was agony!) Having said that I found I improved really quickly. You can take out any exercises that you don't want to do. I'm nearly finishing my second 30 day challenge, and I feel SO much better. You can also make up your own workouts and choose how hard to make them.
It's far more challenging than Wiifit. As long as your GP gives you the go ahead why not?

I did day 17 on hard. 172 cals

I love it , I'm 59! But I did find the running bit reduced me to a physical wreck at first! I couldn't come down stairs for 2 days I was so stiff after starting, (well I did but it was agony!) Having said that I found I improved really quickly. You can take out any exercises that you don't want to do. I'm nearly finishing my second 30 day challenge, and I feel SO much better. You can also make up your own workouts and choose how hard to make them.
It's far more challenging than Wiifit. As long as your GP gives you the go ahead why not?

I did day 17 on hard. 172 cals

Thank you for the advice, although at the moment I dunno if thats the right word.

I splashed the cash yesterday and got this. Took the kids to school and cracked it open this am. My only qualm so far is why the weight only goes upto 136kg - I know I am abnormally big but surely for tracking purposes a bit more would have been nice...but thats a minor quibble.

so I set myself up, had a look, i though 30min (EASY) workout should show me most of the things....FFS.....im knackered !!

Finished and burnt 332 cals, which is brill, but my legs were like jelly....squats, especially the ones where you raise your heels, they are hard - and the running...my gut is bouncing all over the place....but i did it. I think Ill do a couple more days like this...then hit the 30 day challenge...prob starting on monday

Favourite was the boxing...i felt like Lennox Lewis on them speed things.

Oh well, now for the hour over the fields with the dog....should be a doddle !! Do they do "EA Babara Woodhouse - Dog Walker" or should I be approaching EA with this innovation :flirt2:

Well done on getting started FF! You will soon improve and it won't seem so hard. I've finished my second 30 day challenge and did the upper body workout yesterday on hard. Then 30 mins of My Fitness Coach with Maya concentrating on core. G*d I hate that woman! All those crunches!
I sent for the NewU fitness first game from Play last night, so it will be interesting to see how it compares. EA are also bringing out a new version of Sports Active in November, with an ab section.

EA Sports Active: More Workouts (Wii): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

I saw the more sport trainer thingy - hopefully santa may take pity on me if i go okay on the other one.

Im using these as kinda way to get fit again...used to be big and fit - now im even bigger and completely unfit, so i see these as a good way to get going, 30 day challenges on easy then, medium and then hard I hope. thats the plan, would take me up to christmas - and then hopefully santa will have another goody in his sack. I would like to start kickboxing with my son in the new year ! - so he can look after himself and I just got a door license !! and havent had a proper fight since i was 11 :wave_cry: - so need some help if get in trouble :D

They do a golds gym one in America which is boxing cardio which looks good, but cant find from a "reputable" source over here, so have to wait and see....I think being a bloke that appealed.

Any how, one step at a time - ill post when im up and going on the 30day

This is the Golds Gym game packaged for the UK.

My Fitness Coach: Cardio Workout (Wii): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

The NewU fitness first one is different. Actual trainers, and the 2 workouts I've done were only 15 mins each. Wasn't too impressed yesterday (the trainers are cheesy!) but after today My biceps/triceps are wrecking! and I can really feel my abs. So I'm getting to the places that EASA didn't!

*sneaks in*

psst!!

Oh no, you noticed me! Well, I'm here, done 2 days out of 3, but only on wii fit. Easing myself back into it. Going to treat myself to the 2 new 'uns, cardio fitness and the add on for EASA. Made myself do these 2 days outta 3, and feel good for it too. My poor pole is so very neglected. I'm gonna have to fit my 30 mins in tomorrow afternoon, I'm having an Ann Summers party at 8. Saturdays a no go, trip to Nottingham at 5am, Party at 8pm, I don't get home 'til 6pm. But I'm back, and back on. I shall keep it up, and be back on my pole soon.

Welcome back Hun! I've been away for almost a month because of illness but I have started back the last 3 days and shall keep going despite how I feel (long story) I know exercise will boost my mood, it just doesn't feel like it at the mo, but I'll perservere.

Anyone buying the new version?

I had a £10 Amazon voucher so ordered the new version of EASA. Anyone else buying it? I like the idea of the 6 week challenge.( and the ab workout)

im selling my wii fitness coach, i just didnt seem to "geton" with the trainers lol
although im loving wii fit plus
(micmac6043) on a e site if anyones interested

I might treat myself to the new easa one for xmas, the abs and 6 week do sound good. I still want the my fitness cardio too. Got an assignment to prep for today, will do 90 mins pole work after.

Ordered myself EASA today (original one) so hope to get cracking on with it when it comes, it sounds challenging from what you've written so think I'm going to enjoy pushing myself and being satified when I'm sweaty, exhausted and had a blooming good workout.

Back