Wii or Xbox Kinext fitness games

I've only ever used EA Sports Active 1 and 2 for the Wii as I don't have the xbox 360 kinect ( just the xbox 360 :p ) - I thoroughly recommend them, they definitely work if you stick to it :)

I only have wii too. No xbox. A friend has EA Sports Active for the wii and she is going to lend it to me to try out.

When I was on Minimins last year, there was a monthly challenge for wii fit or similar. http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exe...ing-exercise-challenge-january-2011-a-29.html I can't see any new threads for this. Is anyone still doing these? Although I am doing more outdoor exercise at the moment I found it really useful in winter. It was for any x-box, wii fit etc exercise and really motivated me to do it daily. If anyone is interested, and there isn't an existing challenge, I will set one up. It doesn't to be a monthly challenge but the benefit of a monthly challenge it allows you to set a target and wipe the slate clean and start again each month. Any ideas welcome.

I remember I had a go at Zumba. Chose the 20 min to start. Wasn't that supple on the hip movements being male but couldn't believe after 20 min I was absolutely drenched with sweat. Also the boxing on wii sport from what I remember was pretty good if you stick with it.

I did like the running on wiifit around the island etc.. It's a shame no one has come up with that idea but using google street view

Shaun

There is a "Run the world" mode on Yourshape 2012 (Xbox 360+Kinect). Its quite nicely done, a stylised virtual New York and London, however it is limited to a few defined routes in just those two cities.

I think you are definitely on to something with that idea though. Especially now that Google maps has included 3D buildings/landmarks/topography. Would be great fun!

I got a program called Step to the Beat by Konami for wii. You step in time with the music and open up all the routes plus build all the trees, infrastructure, etc on an island plus other things like a clock so you can change the time of day, more music and star signs. It's known as Walk it Out in the US. Even set to the fastest song titles it's not that strenuous but it is addictive and I end up walking for a lot longer than I intend as I want to build more buildings and plant more flower fields, etc. It's quite hard to get now and I had to buy a copy via ebay. It was new but the instructions are in German! I wish Konami would reissue it or even better do a new version. Wish someone would make use of Google Earth Street View and the wii so we could cycle, walk or run the routes.

I have step to the beat and love it and I agree they should do a new improved game on the same lines as is addictive.

Back