WiiFit's Weight Loss Diary

Hi Hells, no, you can do crunches (sit ups) lying on your back on the floor with your knees up and your feet hooked under a chair if you can manage that (I can't). I lie on my back and do leg raises and hold for a count of 5. This is repeated with legs open, legs closed and legs placed down. I do 10 of those twice a day.

Tuesday 9th October

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre, sliced banana and skimmed milk.

To complete yesterday...

40 minutes on the Wii Fit, walked the dog for an hour.

Lunch: 2 x light Phili tubs with 6 crackerbread plus a Mugshot

Snacks: 2 x Rocky Road

Dinner: SW chili con carne with rice.

So relieved to lose 3lbs at weigh in tonight. Didn't stay to class but also achieved my Club 10 whoo hoo! :party0049:

Resisted the urge to open a bottle of vino to celebrate when I got home!

Wii fit!

Hi there!
I'm just new to minimins and have been doing SW for 1 week. I've really enjoyed reading your thread - some useful ideas in there!

I have been trying to think of ways to get more exercise and I have a 14 week old shih tzu puppy who hasn't come round to the idea of walking on the lead yet and my partner works late most nights so I wouldn't be free to go to the gym until quite late at night and with the colder weather I wouldn't want to go out again!

I had thought of using the wii and yesterday I bought Zumba 2 for wii and the wii My Fitness Coach game. Have you used either of these? I'm hoping to try the Zumba one after work tonight. I have a wii fit but its been in its box for over a year so will need new batteries! What do you find most useful on it? I never found it very good for cardio which is what I'd like to be doing most to try to shift my spare tyre before I tone!! However its been so long since I used it that I can't really remember all the options.

Hannah

Thanks Rachel!

Hi Hannah, thanks for reading my diary. I have the Zumba package for the Wii (since last Christmas) but haven't used it :eek:

I usually work through the Wii Fit - balance exercises, aerobics, yoga and finish off with the games. Doing that combined with walking the dog, doing tummy tightening exercises and playing badminton weekly seems to be enough exercise to help my weight loss at the moment but I expect as my weight reduces I'll need to up the amount of exercise I do.

Wednesday 10th October

Breakfast: poached eggs and baked beans.

Snack: 2 x Hi Fi bars

Lunch: fresh salmon, philadelphia and crackerbread

Snack: Curly Wurly

Really got the choccie tongue ticklers today...

Exercise - 40 minutes on the Wii Fit, walked the dog, tummy exercises.

Thanks hells.:)

Dinner: prawn curry and a glass of white wine :eek:

Thursday 11th October

Breakfast: Oats So Simple with skimmed milk.

Just got on Wii Fit and it said I'd gained 6lbs since yesterday - EEK!:eek:

Got off and restarted and it showed slight gain (less than a pound) since yesterday - phew.

As is well known, the body can fluctuate +/- up to 2lb a day so it's not worth stressing about.

Exercise: 30 minutes on the Wii Fit, tummy exercises.

Last edited:
To complete yesterday:

Lunch: Turkey breast, lettuce and bacon sandwich on wholemeal

Snack: Velvet Crunch

Dinner: chicken, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, courgettes and gravy

Half a bottle of red wine (oops)

Friday 12th October

Breakfast:bacon, mushrooms, wholemeal toast

Exercise: half an hour on the Wii plus tummy exercises.

Snack: grapes, Curly Wurly

Lunch: wholemeal roll, turkey breast and salad with packet of Velvet Crunch

Just read through your diary ......really great!! Am thinking I ought to do something similar to give me more encouragement. Infact I may drag hubby off to play paddle a few times a week & set up my daughters wii for me to do as soon as they are off to school. I really have no excuse for not as I'm free all day ........

Thanks for reading, Suzy :)

Need to bring this diary up to date...

Friday dinner: beef stew (SW)

Saturday 13th October

Breakfast: Fruit n fibre with sliced banana and skimmed milk

Exercise - tummy exercises and half an hour on the Wii (not really enough but busy few days)

Lunch: prawn salad sandwiches on wm bread, Velvet Crunch, grapes

Dinner: SW bolognese with pasta, Tesco Light Choices Chocolate Mousse, assorted fruit

Sunday 14th October

Breakfast: vanilla Muller Light, 2 slices wholemeal toast

Exercise- same as yesterday - pathetic really - no I'm going to pay the price on Monday when I play badminton!

Lunch: SW bean stew with quorn sausages (3)

Dinner: SW cottage pie with cauliflower, peas and gravy.

2 white wine spritzers.

Monday 15th October

Breakfast: poached eggs and baked beans

Lunch: wholemeal pitta bread, ham, tomato and cucumber, coleslaw and houmus, Muller Light choc/vanilla

Snack: Velvet Crunch

WI on Wii (sts) but no time to exercise.

Played badminton for an hour and a half.

Dinner: egg fried rice and bacon.

Last edited:
Tuesday 16th October

Breakfast: bacon and chopped tomatoes

On a course in Birmingham today but lunch provided - jacket potato, prawns in marie rose sauce, no butter and no pudding

Glass of apple juice.

Snack when I got home - Velvet Crunch

WI - stayed the same. Ho hum.

Dinner: lamb chops, boiled potatoes, roasted peppers, asparagus and celery, peas.

Red wine.

Think I'm going to up my water intake and cut out alcohol unless a special occasion and see if that has an impact.

No time to Wii today. Again.

Back