Willpower.... where do I find that?!?!?

What the hell is wrong with me?!!! After my 3 bar binge and confession on here i ended up stuffing in the other 2 to the point that i nearly threw up, an then ended up nodding off for an hour and balling my eyes out when i told my dad what i did! He's all worried now bless him and i feel like a total nob! I've just done the thing jve recognised in other people on here and totally sabotaged myself! Why now after 4 weeks, i just dont understand myself. Ive made the boys their dinner and i am putting my trainers on. Even if i only go out for 20 mins i have to do something as am driving myself crazy. Oh dear, it was all going so well, hope i have not totally ballsed up the next week :-( Sorry guys, feel like a right let down

Caroline - please please dont beat yourself up about this. You are doing the right thing by getting out,it's a lovely night(here anyway) get your favourite tunes on and Lund some pavement - you will feel better when you've done that. Tomorrow is another day x you were so good at advising me when I had my blip, read back on the thread cos those were wise words girlfriend! If you read back you can see what i was saying is much like what you were saying now and your words really help me and I hope this shows in the threads. I **** you not I would have given up if it wasn't for coming onto this site.
It is interesting though about the self sabotage - why do we do it? Answers on a postcard .....
Have a good run do some reflective thinking - you have done really well, so you have had a bad half a day that's ok, you now you can achieve mor tomorrow xx take care Hun xx

What the hell is wrong with me?!!! After my 3 bar binge and confession on here i ended up stuffing in the other 2 to the point that i nearly threw up, an then ended up nodding off for an hour and balling my eyes out when i told my dad what i did! He's all worried now bless him and i feel like a total nob! I've just done the thing jve recognised in other people on here and totally sabotaged myself! Why now after 4 weeks, i just dont understand myself. Ive made the boys their dinner and i am putting my trainers on. Even if i only go out for 20 mins i have to do something as am driving myself crazy. Oh dear, it was all going so well, hope i have not totally ballsed up the next week :-( Sorry guys, feel like a right let down

Your human, get your trainers on go for a jog clear your head. And focus on tomorrow..

Sometimes this diet does make you feel like you have done so well and you eat to celebrate!! I had tuna salad for dinner and I feel like I have had a treat as haven't eaten for a while!!!!

Susie, lisa thanks so much, i really appreciate ur words and u have made me feel 1000 times better. I've just done a steady 5miler and it served as a bit of a punishment and a head clearer! Punishment as i felt a bit sick having stuffed my face nt that long ago but i finished with a sprint and a smile on my sweaty face! I think that binge was prob a long time coming really and mow its out the way i think i will be able to go back to 100% tomorrow. I wonder if men on this diet do this kind of crazy stuff or is it just a bonkers woman thing?! In the back of my mind ive been thinking/panicking about maintaining once i get to goal (which is crazy as ive another 7lbs to go!) so perhaps that sabotage was almost trying to prove to myself i cant do it, but i know now more than ever that i can.
Right, not sure what the hell i am on about but i want to co gratulate all u girls because u have all done so well and it is motivating and inspiring me. Thanks for the support :) xx

Caroline your great, you make me feel better when I am having bad times which seem to be happening a lot now!!!

I like you are relatively close to goal (8lbs), and worry about staying there. However once there I am going to give myself a buffer zone of 3/4lbs, anything over that then I will just SS+ or similar for a couple of days. My husband s very healthy, eats healthy/works out etc, but I tend to eat crap when he's away which is quite a lot.

I am actually looking forward to maintaining, going to the gym, etc. then I will be in total control of me!!!

Lisalu82 said:
Caroline your great, you make me feel better when I am having bad times which seem to be happening a lot now!!!

I like you are relatively close to goal (8lbs), and worry about staying there. However once there I am going to give myself a buffer zone of 3/4lbs, anything over that then I will just SS+ or similar for a couple of days. My husband s very healthy, eats healthy/works out etc, but I tend to eat crap when he's away which is quite a lot.

I am actually looking forward to maintaining, going to the gym, etc. then I will be in total control of me!!!

Ah bless you! I know, it is an exciting thought having control over yourself and ur body. Some days it seems so easy and others (like this arvo) it all feels impossible! Ive just had a nice bath and was thinking i cant remember the last time i saw 10st7 on the scales, must be nrly 10 yrs so thats an achievement in itself. Im gona get to 10st which im hoping will also be size ten and i think like you i will have a buffer zone. My cdc said today she put on half a stone when she was away last wk but then lost it again ss-ing for under a wk. she says 'easy on easy off' and basically we will always need to keep an eye on our weight. Thats y mistake i think so i will pick a weigh day when im at goal and then i k ow where i am. Oh to be naturally skinny!!! X

Awww..hun, you have done so well, this is just a blip, don't worry about it, maybe you needed to do it to make you realise why you are on this diet. This diet is all about willpower and messes with everything you have done day in day out since you were born, if we didn't have blips we're not human..it's what separates us from the animals, our emotions and how we deal with things, for many people food is a crutch but you're here because you know that...we're the lucky ones who have the willpower to do this, yes, blips and all....you should be proud of what you have achieved :)

Lani123 said:
Awww..hun, you have done so well, this is just a blip, don't worry about it, maybe you needed to do it to make you realise why you are on this diet. This diet is all about willpower and messes with everything you have done day in day out since you were born, if we didn't have blips we're not human..it's what separates us from the animals, our emotions and how we deal with things, for many people food is a crutch but you're here because you know that...we're the lucky ones who have the willpower to do this, yes, blips and all....you should be proud of what you have achieved :)

U r so right. I think recognising the blips and them picking urself up again is just as important or as a big an achievement as not having them at all. Especially if this new smaller healthier us is going to be a long term thing! Gotta take the rough with the smooth and im gonna give it everything ive got now. I have a friends bday on 23rd and then another following wk. i would really love to be nrly at goal by then :) U lot have turned the crapness around for me today! X

Its a lifestyle change, not a diet, remember that :). If it wasn't for this forum I would have struggled, tonight I had some tuna for the first time since starting as felt terrible....fell asleep, then proceeded to bring it back up..very unpleasant. I had to come straight on here pick myself up as all I wanted was some hot chocolate then, but I'm off to bed with water in hand and remembering tomorrow is another day. We'll all get there...one way or another.

Lani123 said:
Its a lifestyle change, not a diet, remember that :). If it wasn't for this forum I would have struggled, tonight I had some tuna for the first time since starting as felt terrible....fell asleep, then proceeded to bring it back up..very unpleasant. I had to come straight on here pick myself up as all I wanted was some hot chocolate then, but I'm off to bed with water in hand and remembering tomorrow is another day. We'll all get there...one way or another.

Morning guys. Really happy to see the sun today, feels appropriate for my fresh start. Was going to run this morning but decided as i have boot camp tonight i don't want to over do it as i shall be ss+ ing today 100% Thanks for all the kind words yesterday and great advice, i shall be thanking u all when I'm in those size 10's. Have a great day y'all and Lani, hope u r feeling better? Xx

Glad today is a better day for you. I've had a really rough night and am still pretty ill today, just feel weak and sick...hoping it passes, been drinking plenty of water but it isn't helping..grrrr, roll on 4:30 when I can go home to bed.

Hope everyone else has a better day than i'm having lol x

Lani123 said:
Glad today is a better day for you. I've had a really rough night and am still pretty ill today, just feel weak and sick...hoping it passes, been drinking plenty of water but it isn't helping..grrrr, roll on 4:30 when I can go home to bed.

Hope everyone else has a better day than i'm having lol x

U poor thing. Try some fizzy water or coke zero, usually works to settle my tum. And maybe a little bit of baked chicken breast if u can face it, nice plain food. Hope u feel better soon and ur day goes quickly x

Can I have coke zero? my CDC said no, I would murder a can. TBH i'm fizzy watered out, had quite a bit this week as it's something different, but fed up of it already...i'm hard to please ha ha.

I'll be ok, I know it'll pass...probably my first really rough day since starting (now on day 10...woop woop). I'm just glad my mum and dad are on holiday as if they saw me looking as rough as I do right now i'd have a row (i'm dreading seeing the boy'f later as I know he's going to blame the diet and i'll have an earful, he thinks i'm 'perfect the way I am'...bless, but doesn't help my dieting does it! lol)

U can have 1 can of coke zero a day. My cdc says fine and if u ask folks on here they will say its ok too. It has no calories and no citric acid unlike diet coke. Treat urself, and hopefully ul feel a bit better.
When doing this diet its hard to know whats cause by it and what u would get anyway with feeling sick and headaches etc. i do get a bad head and no energy way more than i ever did but its less and less now and tbh i can cope with it for the weight loss! X

I have come home at lunchtime to post on here - I am so excited cos people at work have started noticing my weight loss. Totally cheesing. Suns out my lovely's think thin xxx

I am going to get a can of coke zero, although I still feel like i've been hit by a bus, i'm going to have a shake at lunch and a can...hopefully I'll feel better (I have big black marks under my eyes and i'm as white as a sheet today) Hope it passes :(

I am having a very good positive day!! Feel slimmer and the sun is shining!! Really enjoyed my tuna salad last night, am going to stay on SS+ now. I will get rid of those stubborn 8lbs!! Need to feel hot in my bikini on holiday in August!!!

Had hair and nails done this morning so I really feel good!!

Good foe you Lisalu, I'm still feeling positive as well xx Lani I hope you feel better soon xx hate to think of you poorly. And I actually really mean that - it is really wired that you can become close to people you have never met, and hardly know ! Yet we all share the same goal, and complexities that are involved in reaching that goal x. I suppose when you come on here, for me anyway, I can be honest, more honest than I would to my friends and family about how I am really feeling, and know that someone, prob most on here will understand and can offer non judgemental support xx for that I thank you all, and get well soon Lani xx

Thanks all, i'll be ok, just need to get out of work but have a high-risk sex offender in at 3pm...so can't just go home and leave it down to the receptionist to deal with (oh the joys of rehabilitation lol). Hopefully i'll be out of there about 4pm and can cwtch up on the sofa with the boy'f and the dog....bliss :eek:

Back