Willpower.... where do I find that?!?!?

Lani123 said:
Thanks, it's just been a mental week, and none of my friends or family are supportive (mum is back from holiday on wednesday and know she's going to do the 'it's not sustainable' and 'you look like crap' talk *sigh*)

I just want to crawl into bed and stay there for a few months until this is all over...bad times :-(

I have to say i am sick to death of the negativity surrounding this diet. What happened to rewarding people for losing weight, and encouraging people to feel good about themselves?! I had to drum it in to my mum and practically smack her round the face with the book so she could understand about moving up the steps. Everyone close to me knows i have been on and off every diet under the sun and struggled in misery to be a size im happy with for years and am sure u r the same. With this in mind they should be supportive in fairness my my mum saw me ready for my night out on fri and said i looked great this size, but then she also said don't lose more. We r not idiots, we do not want to look like lollipop heads, so i think basically we just have to prove it by getting to goal and then trying are balls off to maintain! I won't lie the thought terrifies me but with my cdc's help and people on here i will do it. I am so so much happier how i am now! Xx

I have to say i am sick to death of the negativity surrounding this diet. What happened to rewarding people for losing weight, and encouraging people to feel good about themselves?! I had to drum it in to my mum and practically smack her round the face with the book so she could understand about moving up the steps. Everyone close to me knows i have been on and off every diet under the sun and struggled in misery to be a size im happy with for years and am sure u r the same. With this in mind they should be supportive in fairness my my mum saw me ready for my night out on fri and said i looked great this size, but then she also said don't lose more. We r not idiots, we do not want to look like lollipop heads, so i think basically we just have to prove it by getting to goal and then trying are balls off to maintain! I won't lie the thought terrifies me but with my cdc's help and people on here i will do it. I am so so much happier how i am now! Xx

Thanks, my family have always been 'very' honest about my weight as I have always struggled (everyone in my family is tiny...I was always like the chubby black sheep) i've never been massiely overweight but i'd always have the comments of 'should you be eating that' etc. So it's a lose lose situation for me, which I have made peace with over the years, but this is the time I need them to understand the most and they don't....it's so hard.

Glad someone else is having similar problems, I don't want to look like a member of girls aloud..no boobs and lollipop headed, I just want to be comfortable in a bikini or in a slinky dress. If I had an eating disorder i'd understand people's concerns, it's frustrating.

I'll let you guys know my (hopeful) loss later :eek:

Lani123 said:
Thanks, my family have always been 'very' honest about my weight as I have always struggled (everyone in my family is tiny...I was always like the chubby black sheep) i've never been massiely overweight but i'd always have the comments of 'should you be eating that' etc. So it's a lose lose situation for me, which I have made peace with over the years, but this is the time I need them to understand the most and they don't....it's so hard.

Glad someone else is having similar problems, I don't want to look like a member of girls aloud..no boobs and lollipop headed, I just want to be comfortable in a bikini or in a slinky dress. If I had an eating disorder i'd understand people's concerns, it's frustrating.

I'll let you guys know my (hopeful) loss later :eek:

Oh hun honestly i can relate so much and i bet almost everyone else on here can too! Now is the time for change and to get the bodies we deserve, its so important to feel good about what u see in the mirror. Believe me i would not be sticking at it if i wasn't seeing the benefits because there are also some rotten negatives! I'm just sitting here jn disbelief at the fact i appear to have started my 3rd period in six and a half wks!!! Sorry for the over share but honestly how ridiculous and also means i will weigh more on weds. Grrrr! X

lil_legs said:
Sending positive thoughts to you both!! :)

Day of restart going well for me xx

Great news chick, off we go again lol! Xx

Lani!!! How did it go? I've just done anothe 5 miler and it nrly killed me this time, serves me right lol! Xx

Didn't even lose an ounce, stayed the same (even to the decimal place) i'm absolutely gutted, I haven't slipped up once, been drinking at least 3 litres of water a day...seriously depressed now :mad:

Lani123 said:
Didn't even lose an ounce, stayed the same (even to the decimal place) i'm absolutely gutted, I haven't slipped up once, been drinking at least 3 litres of water a day...seriously depressed now :mad:

Oh babe I'm really gutted for you, i can totally understand your disappointment. Please please dont give up, we'll get you through this and i promise next week you WILL lose, impossible not to. Remind me are you ss or ss+? You need to try and think logically about why your body has done this. It has essentially gone 'oh sh*t' and jumped in to starvation mode because of how little is going in to it. If you are ss i would def say do ss+ for a bit as ive done so much reading on here and know doing that helped some people. I'm step2 and actually the week i ate more i lost more than the previous wk. Have u done any exercise? I know it seems incredibly unfair when you have given it your everything. Keep going chick xxx

Oh babe I'm really gutted for you, i can totally understand your disappointment. Please please dont give up, we'll get you through this and i promise next week you WILL lose, impossible not to. Remind me are you ss or ss+? You need to try and think logically about why your body has done this. It has essentially gone 'oh sh*t' and jumped in to starvation mode because of how little is going in to it. If you are ss i would def say do ss+ for a bit as ive done so much reading on here and know doing that helped some people. I'm step2 and actually the week i ate more i lost more than the previous wk. Have u done any exercise? I know it seems incredibly unfair when you have given it your everything. Keep going chick xxx

Yeah been ss+ this week as I needed to eat..it just seems really unfair, I literally feel like chucking it in, I've eaten less than a small child would and haven't lost anything. I do walk about and hour and a half a day (fast pace) I'm too tired to do anything else. Going to sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow :(

Lani123 said:
Yeah been ss+ this week as I needed to eat..it just seems really unfair, I literally feel like chucking it in, I've eaten less than a small child would and haven't lost anything. I do walk about and hour and a half a day (fast pace) I'm too tired to do anything else. Going to sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow :(

Honestly you have done everything right, ur body is just freaking out. See how you feel tomorrow but dont let ur hard work be for nothing. I am 100% certain that if u keep going this wk u will notice the scales change. Sleep well xx

sounds mad but maybe you need more food and to move to 810? you are only slightly above 25 BMI as it is and your not meant to do step 1 when ur below 25?

Im gonna move up next week and it terrifies me but i dont want my body to get used to not eating x

just noticed you lost 11lb in week 1? that is outstanding, particularly as your not that overweight to begin with (from your BMI) your body is probably playing catch up thinking wooooah!!

its 5.5lb a week.. where else could you lose that? xx

lil_legs said:
just noticed you lost 11lb in week 1? that is outstanding, particularly as your not that overweight to begin with (from your BMI) your body is probably playing catch up thinking wooooah!!

its 5.5lb a week.. where else could you lose that? xx

You are spot on! I def think its body shock. On here you can see there is no pattern for weight loss which can be totaly demotivating at times but then like you said you have the 11lbs in one week!! Im on step2 and whilst my losses havent been staggering aside from wk1, they have been losses despite sometimes me having 2 small meals and booze last week. Also sounds like quite a lot of walking for a ss+ diet so i think u could be spot on re moving up to step2. It def wont do any harm.

Hey ladies, haven't been on for a couple of days as my mums over so been out a lot but not slipping up on the dIet!!!!
I haven't seen my mum since Xmas and she said how well I look and noticed the weight loss, she did also say that I shouldn't Lose anymore and that I am at a perfect size, but I want kick these last few lb's so not much more to lose

Off to bed, sleep tight girlies

Hey Lani, I hope you are feeling better today x have to agree with the others here, it will come off just try not to be too disheartened, easy to say I know. You have kicked some serious ass recently and done so well, keep at it a bit longer, it's never a straight path x take care x
after eating a little off plan at the weekend I am surprised by how easy it was yesterday to stick to the plan again. I have woke up feeling energised today and the sun is out. I am determined this week to get under the next stone barrier. That is my mini goal and my motivation for the week. That and my ex is coming to my work so I will see him. I just want to be able to think - " yep in your face sucker, look what you gave up!" sad I know but it's the little thing s... Lol
Have a great day peeps xxx

Morning all,

Lani i hope u are feeling a little more positive today. Lil legs wrote u some really great posts that i totally agree with, hope they inspire u to carry on.
Susie, u seem to be totally wooping this diets asse atm so impressed! Ur ex is gonna die when he sees you and you will prob find though it continues to bother you less and less.
I had the worst sleep ever as basically my relationship with oh is falling apart and currently in process f deciding whether to split up with him or not. So hard as he still loves me, and i do love him but just don't feel 'in love' and deep down i know ita not right. Bloody hard still though :-( On the flip side the sun is shining which makes things a little easier. A random question for a tues morning but on step2 it says you can have 260g tinned tuna, do u think this is drained weight as on standrd tin drained weight is 130g so that would be two tins. An absolute crap load of tuna but want to make sure i get it right. If that is right and its too much i can eat it in two goes whch is great! Xx

Hey all I rally don't wanna get weighed as my scales at home haven't shifted and ive been ever so good. Will catch up in a mo!!

Thanks all, I feel better today, put a pair of trousers on that I haven't work in a few weeks and have noticed a difference which helps. I had some chicken and rocket last night (really was tempted to get a bag of chips but unbelievably my OH wouldn't let me, he helped make dinner and even ate what I ate....admittedly he did then go on to eat a mound of pasta, tomatoes and cheese as was still starving, but at least he's trying, think he saw how upset I was yesterday and realsied how much I needed the support).

I'm going to see how I get on this week and hope for a 3 lb loss next week, any less and i'll pack it in and just go with the healthy eating I think (it's too expensive to be losing just a couple of pounds a week).

Caroline, hope you work out what you want, i've been in relationships like that, it's always hard :-(

Hi all so it was only 1lb and I came home and ate crap!!!! Im ok now and will hve a cheat free week from now on, it just sucks because I'm having really small losses since I've started I only lost a total of 11lbs in 5 weeks. So rant over and onwards now.
Caroline sorry to hear your relationship is not going great but whatever decision you make you'll do it because it's for the best. You still seem really strong which is good. Hve a good day x

Back