Willpower.... where do I find that?!?!?

MissieCB said:
This is what worries me I have been having days off and days on so surely that's similar anyway and still put weight on!!! Xx

I think though the idea is the 'off days' are nkt excessive, you can have what you want within a reasonable calorie rate. A nice lady on here suggested i do a 500/2000 ratio. We all knkw when we are beig overly indulgent i think. Also the idea is it balances out so over two weeks for example half ur cals are 500 a day and half 2000. Not like when we have our 3 day binges of a bazillion caloriws of booze and pizza etc. Im no expert but am willing to give it a go. Doesnt hurt to try and i will quit altogether at this rate as was so down. Have a look at the threads hun xxx

Caroline_Louise said:
I think though the idea is the 'off days' are nkt excessive, you can have what you want within a reasonable calorie rate. A nice lady on here suggested i do a 500/2000 ratio. We all knkw when we are beig overly indulgent i think. Also the idea is it balances out so over two weeks for example half ur cals are 500 a day and half 2000. Not like when we have our 3 day binges of a bazillion caloriws of booze and pizza etc. Im no expert but am willing to give it a go. Doesnt hurt to try and i will quit altogether at this rate as was so down. Have a look at the threads hun xxx

Ok honey will do. I was thinking of cd during week and normal at weekends!!! FML

MissieCB said:
Ok honey will do. I was thinking of cd during week and normal at weekends!!! FML

Well i guess in theory that should work, but in all honesty i have no idea lol. All i know is im sick of this s**t and was so close to just saying f**k it but i just wont do that to myself. Half a stone and im back to looking good and feeling good again, just gotta find a tolerable way to do it that doesnt cost the earth either! Im just off running, chat later and memme know what u think. Xx

Caroline_Louise said:
Well i guess in theory that should work, but in all honesty i have no idea lol. All i know is im sick of this s**t and was so close to just saying f**k it but i just wont do that to myself. Half a stone and im back to looking good and feeling good again, just gotta find a tolerable way to do it that doesnt cost the earth either! Im just off running, chat later and memme know what u think. Xx

Think I'm gonna stick til next fri when I go Ireland except sat eve and then see how I feel xxxx

I was gonna go JUDDD a few weeks ago, im happy plodding on as i am as ive gone more healthy eating and more focus on exercise. decided im not gonna deny myself anything but mon-fri im gonna try and be good with very few carbs and relax the weekend. we shall see i may be 11 st Friday after all this lol

Well i think at least we all have some kind of plan in out heads as to how to make this bearable. I just know j can't carry on being deprived every day as it is just killing me and i cant manage it anyway!
Reckon we should just see how we all get on this next week. I think the support on here is invaluable to me and i wont be going anywhere, even if am changing diets.

Have done my run (withkut mishap thank god!) and did 20mins of circuits too which is good. Just about to shower and then continue with this evenigs textual flirtation with mr masserati. I swear its men who are confusing not women!! X

whoooo how lovely!!

im feeling odd tonight, was talking to my friend in work and she asked me if i still liked my "ex" (although we never properly got together as bf/gf lol) and i have to admit that i do, completely. grr. so annoying

lil_legs said:
whoooo how lovely!!

im feeling odd tonight, was talking to my friend in work and she asked me if i still liked my "ex" (although we never properly got together as bf/gf lol) and i have to admit that i do, completely. grr. so annoying

God i fecking HATE men!! I don't even like this guy that much (i dont think!) but now he is annoying me! Hadnt heard from him for nrly 2 wks after last err encounter, and then we had drunken convo sat night and i said i would text him this week which i didnt as didn't want to be chasing. Then tonight he texts me askig why i havent got in touch and whn can he see me etc, nice bit of banter and then i suggest this weekend and ive not heard anything for like 40mins. NOB!!!

Babe, that sucks :-( Is he actually an arse? Whats it like with u two now? Seems so long ago since we last chatted about out men issues ican't quite remember, sorry! Xxx

no hes not an arse at all, if there is such a thing as perfect he would be it!! perfect as a friend, and perfect for me - we just work its not often i feel something is really right!! we had a drunken chat and kiss on our xmas do (he was just in the process of finishing with his ex) finished properly in jan and we were seeing each other in feb - april, said the love word and everything things did get deep pretty quick but nothing was forced it felt really right! then he went on hols and when he came back ended it, he just needed to be on his own which i understand coming out of a long relationship. i just miss him! see him everyday in work and we talk and get on great still i just want him! lol x

everyone that knows us both says how perfect we are/would be, his friends, my friends etc. he did the chasing and held back then fell for him and i dont blame him for ending it - it was pretty quick and he probably got scared (so was i!) i text him drunkenly when i was on hols in june saying i missed him, he said he missed me too, i said i found it really hard not textin him and he said he wanted to text me loads but hadnt cos it wouldnt be fair.

its just annoying, i wish i could see into the future! lol

lil_legs said:
everyone that knows us both says how perfect we are/would be, his friends, my friends etc. he did the chasing and held back then fell for him and i dont blame him for ending it - it was pretty quick and he probably got scared (so was i!) i text him drunkenly when i was on hols in june saying i missed him, he said he missed me too, i said i found it really hard not textin him and he said he wanted to text me loads but hadnt cos it wouldnt be fair.

its just annoying, i wish i could see into the future! lol

Maaaan that is a total head f*ck to say the least, i
Sorry babe :-( Hard to know the best thing in these situations. It is scary falling for someone especially if its fast but its not like it happens often in life an he is really cutting off his nose if he ignores it. Look after ur heart, its precious. Don't give it away unless tey really deserve it i say. Althougb that is easier said than done! I wish i was one of those people who didnt fang anyone, bots or girls! Life would be much more sinple *sigh* And i had totally forgotten about massearati and now he has really annoyed me.

Dammit. X

It's a pain, if I thought there was no chance ever id gladly give up but part of me still thinks it will happen. I just dunno, wish he was an arse!! He was a bit down today and it took all my strength not to go and wrap myself around him and hug him!! Would attract some funny looks I'm sure haha x

lil_legs said:
It's a pain, if I thought there was no chance ever id gladly give up but part of me still thinks it will happen. I just dunno, wish he was an arse!! He was a bit down today and it took all my strength not to go and wrap myself around him and hug him!! Would attract some funny looks I'm sure haha x

Oh bless u. But what the devil is his problem?! Ur right there for godsake! Teust me tho, i know how u feel.
You just gotta ignore as best u can and concentrate on yourself. I do believe that if things are right they will happen so as much as its a ball ache, uve just gotta see how it pans out *hug* x

lil_legs said:
Yeah I know, I'm gonna learn witchcraft and put a spell on him haha x

Want me to go jackie chan on him!? Open a can of woop ass etc etc!
If u perfect this spell i will buy some off of u though :)

Hi ladies, I've been stalking your thread for weeks now and this should i/shouldnt i topic compelled me to join in. Realise you've moved on to men talk now but I started righting this a few hours ago then got caught up doing something else - sorry to change subject!
Will try and keep it brief cuz my cd journey has lasted 7 years now so I could go on all night!
I'm 39, mom 2 lovely 17 year old daughter. I was a chubby child, chubby teen and many rounds of conventional dieting saw me spend my teens and early 20's going from around 12 st down to 10st and back again. I gained 5 and half st during my pregnancy and ended up at rosemary connelly at 17st when my daughter was 2. Within 8 months I lost 5st then just stopped dead- couldn't seem to get a lb under it following the diet so started restricting further, cutting out carbs etc. After few years of my 'own' diet. Which was basically eating only chicken and vegetables, but boozing when the fancy took me, I managed to maintain a weight between 9 and half to 10 stone for about 2 years- and treated self to tummy, chest and bottom surgery for my trouble. Then I lost control a little and went up to 10 and half stone and wanted a quick fix. Along came cd......and I haven't managed to get off it since! I've had great success on it- even got to 7st 13lb once (only for 1 day tho!) which was prob what i weighted age 7 or something!
I have tried SO many times 2 get nack to 'normal' but it feels impossible. My body just doesn't respond to conventional dieting anymore, every time I go back on cd it is ALWAYS the last time. But them I'd find myself back up to 11 stone, panic and go back on it.
In October last year I meant business tho- I was not going back on it no matter what- but then 13 st happened and here I am again- 63 days into a 100 day ss pact with self.
The point to my long post is to say i think you are right to be concerned that dipping in and out of this diet isn't good. Its setting a dangerous precident for your dieting success in the future. And the fact we are on this forum means that we are amongst the unfortunate percentage of the population who are always going to have to diet/watch closely what we eat. You all seem so nice and I'd hate to see you end up like me 7 years on!
If I could have my time over I would have made my 10 and a half stone 32 year old self eat healthy and exercise and accept that 9 stone wasn't going to happen overnight.
I'm not dissing the diet at all but I think for people like me (and perhaps by the sounds of it you too) it isnt something that should be relied upon long term. My mind frame is all or nothing - I can ss like a dream. Going up the steps is impossible, once the food switch is flicked on i lose control. I need to get back to a place where I moderate what I eat and out of the 'might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb' mind frame - which has seen me eat a slice of cucumber, beat myself up for cheating then go into a full scale binge lasting days, weeks, months.
I know cd isn't the diet for me anymore, I am sick to death of it, it's ruined my social life for seven years and made me obsessive and depressed. Yet I'm on it? I feel I have no choice.
My plan, which my partner rightly tells me he's heard a million times before, is to get to the end of my hundred days then eat the cupboards full of left over diet chef meals I have in the cupboards, then follow a healthy eating plan- and never have another milkshake or vile black coffee again!
Hope you don't think I'm trying to put you off or am being preachy- its just that I recognise so much of what I've read in the last few weeks from the last 7 years and wanted to share it with you in case it helps you make a decision on which diet to proceed with.
I wish you all great success in which ever route you take!
Sorry for waffling- and that was only the brief version! X

yo-yo said:
Hi ladies, I've been stalking your thread for weeks now and this should i/shouldnt i topic compelled me to join in. Realise you've moved on to men talk now but I started righting this a few hours ago then got caught up doing something else - sorry to change subject!
Will try and keep it brief cuz my cd journey has lasted 7 years now so I could go on all night!
I'm 39, mom 2 lovely 17 year old daughter. I was a chubby child, chubby teen and many rounds of conventional dieting saw me spend my teens and early 20's going from around 12 st down to 10st and back again. I gained 5 and half st during my pregnancy and ended up at rosemary connelly at 17st when my daughter was 2. Within 8 months I lost 5st then just stopped dead- couldn't seem to get a lb under it following the diet so started restricting further, cutting out carbs etc. After few years of my 'own' diet. Which was basically eating only chicken and vegetables, but boozing when the fancy took me, I managed to maintain a weight between 9 and half to 10 stone for about 2 years- and treated self to tummy, chest and bottom surgery for my trouble. Then I lost control a little and went up to 10 and half stone and wanted a quick fix. Along came cd......and I haven't managed to get off it since! I've had great success on it- even got to 7st 13lb once (only for 1 day tho!) which was prob what i weighted age 7 or something!
I have tried SO many times 2 get nack to 'normal' but it feels impossible. My body just doesn't respond to conventional dieting anymore, every time I go back on cd it is ALWAYS the last time. But them I'd find myself back up to 11 stone, panic and go back on it.
In October last year I meant business tho- I was not going back on it no matter what- but then 13 st happened and here I am again- 63 days into a 100 day ss pact with self.
The point to my long post is to say i think you are right to be concerned that dipping in and out of this diet isn't good. Its setting a dangerous precident for your dieting success in the future. And the fact we are on this forum means that we are amongst the unfortunate percentage of the population who are always going to have to diet/watch closely what we eat. You all seem so nice and I'd hate to see you end up like me 7 years on!
If I could have my time over I would have made my 10 and a half stone 32 year old self eat healthy and exercise and accept that 9 stone wasn't going to happen overnight.
I'm not dissing the diet at all but I think for people like me (and perhaps by the sounds of it you too) it isnt something that should be relied upon long term. My mind frame is all or nothing - I can ss like a dream. Going up the steps is impossible, once the food switch is flicked on i lose control. I need to get back to a place where I moderate what I eat and out of the 'might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb' mind frame - which has seen me eat a slice of cucumber, beat myself up for cheating then go into a full scale binge lasting days, weeks, months.
I know cd isn't the diet for me anymore, I am sick to death of it, it's ruined my social life for seven years and made me obsessive and depressed. Yet I'm on it? I feel I have no choice.
My plan, which my partner rightly tells me he's heard a million times before, is to get to the end of my hundred days then eat the cupboards full of left over diet chef meals I have in the cupboards, then follow a healthy eating plan- and never have another milkshake or vile black coffee again!
Hope you don't think I'm trying to put you off or am being preachy- its just that I recognise so much of what I've read in the last few weeks from the last 7 years and wanted to share it with you in case it helps you make a decision on which diet to proceed with.
I wish you all great success in which ever route you take!
Sorry for waffling- and that was only the brief version! X

Yoyo i have sent u a private message. Girlies i will happily post if you wanna read but its just v long so thought u'd rather not lol xx

Yo YO thank you so much for posting that message that was what I thought deep down. Its amazing how a quick fix diet can keep drawing you into it! And im starting to think that this isnt healthy at all. The fact my weight can go up half a stone in about a week and a half isnt normal and doesnt help life in general and your own mind set. Also the fact that we are either not eating or eating barely anything isnt gonna work once we get back to normal. I think that weight going on so quick gets you depressed and also down and makes you panic...........which sends you back to CD. I agree that there must be another way and for me I need to start excersicing again as its driving me mental! I really dont wanna end up with no social life and loosing years either as its even more depressing and also missing cooking for my other half more than you can imagine! Im wondering if I can have a tiny bit of what he is eating with just a salad. Im missing normal things like beetroot, eggs, milk, occasional sweet, diet redbull, a single marshmallow the list could go on! As you can tell by my posts im a girl of few words never really been into saying loads and loads when you can say it so breifly loooool...............BUT this has really got me thinking as you can tell!!!

Caroline im not gonna lie I really wanna know what you have sent Yo Yo only cos your in the same place as me and I can relate to you, not purely out of nosiness! Your all like sisters now looooooool xxxxx

So whats eveyone doing today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha like any of us actually know xxx

Thanks for posting!

Gym and DVD done.

My phone is buggered so i wont be on til tonight - have a fab day girls xxx

you too fitness freak looooooooooooooooooooool xx

Back