Wish hadn`t measured myself!

*Trying-again*

Plodding on til its gone
Got the tape measure out this morning as thought it would be a good idea to track inch loss as well as what is says on the scales.

Wish hadnt now. Didnt realise had gained so much weight but cant argue with the tape measure.

No wonder my bras are so tight have gained about 3 inches since put on a stone and a half.

Measured hips thighs arms etc and hidden the piece of paper as would never want anyone to find it.

Hopefully the inches will melt away but think its going to take a long time .

I did the same and it is depressing to see how much i've let myself go but then we have to remind ourselves the we are doing something about it now and not just adding to the inches - we are going to look so good and it wont take that long in the grand scheme of this - keep up the good work.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. I dread the tape measure because I know what it will tell me. But at least I know that I'm doing something forward and positive about it, and I'm determined not to get myself down with my past failures. I see that you're determined too, and no matter how long it takes, you can do it. Keep it up! :)

When I first measured myself I was a bit bummed out at what it had said, but ive lost a few cm's now :) Loosing the most on my bust unfort :(

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Now Ive got over the shock, I can see that at least as you say I now know and am doing something about it. Just really really annoyed with myself as lost loads of inches before when I lost 2 and half stone on SW.

Once Ive lost it I need to learn how not to put it back on. I too became complacent and used to think. Ive lost it now so can eat what I like within reason but it doesnt work like that.

Unfortunately learnt the hard way and cant help feeling a failure for gaining it again plus a bit more.

Its going to take a lot of work and a lot of time but with the help of this site I hope to lose it again and keep it off this time and hope you all achieve that too.

Good luck everyone and :thankyou:

You're on the right track now, and losing 3 inches wont take long, don't be hard on yourself about it.

Personally I refuse to measure myself, I know I will just cry at the result. I'm thinking about quitting SW and just doing it by myself with the food counselling and judge my success by how my old clothes start to fit again :D

Back