Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

ours doesn't.. i looked yesterday..
or at least they don't in the chiller cabinets..
is it in the freezer or the butchers counter?

could you make this with quorn mince if you put a lamb stock cube in it?

Wonder if anyone can help - has anyone made it with pork mince as not keen on other mince, was a loaf tin used and is it 1 large wholemeal pitta from coop?

Cheers- gonna make next week yum

Kx

Kwise1 said:
Wonder if anyone can help - has anyone made it with pork mince as not keen on other mince, was a loaf tin used and is it 1 large wholemeal pitta from coop?

Cheers- gonna make next week yum

Kx

Nice with turkey mince oh thought it was lamb lol !!

Hi if you read back through the thread a couple of people have posted their recipes.
I saw this same kebab recipe on another forum but the only difference was to add a beaten egg to the meat mixture. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone know what the benefit of this would be...

I tried this last weeked and yh it had the flavour of donner kebab but for me who doesnt like mayo or dips it was really dry, i had it in pitta with grated carrot, was orite but wouldn't have it again :/

Hi if you read back through the thread a couple of people have posted their recipes.
I saw this same kebab recipe on another forum but the only difference was to add a beaten egg to the meat mixture. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone know what the benefit of this would be...

You usually use a beaten egg to bind a mixture, i always use a beaten egg when making burgers. :)

I've made this a couple of times and ev1 in my house loves it! We have hot sauce and low fat garlic...gorgeous! I haven't used an egg as by the time I have mixed and pounded the meat it forms fine. Don't suppose it would do any harm tho!

Made this the other night with xtra lean beef mince as I'm always to frightened to use lamb mince because it's usally too fatty!
It was a very good fakeaway and will definatly make it again :)

Just made this along wit the chilli and garlic sauces and it is honestly better than I ever imagined!!! Absolutely :drool:

Actually making me drool at the mouth reading this! I want to make it sooo bad. I can't imagine what the beef one would taste like because kebabs are lamb, I'm excited!

Made the kebabs last night with syn free chips & syn free coleslaw
just like the real thing amazing :)
i will never buy a donor kabab again !!!!!!!!

Just make this but in a Victoria sandwich tin and with minced beef, tastes lively and will be a real treat on tonights night shift xx

Back