WW Panic Button

I know i agree, when I have time off my hands are NAUGHTY and hit the fridge at any moment !!!

So annoying... I was so insanely hungrybored that I cleaned out the entire fridge and binned the mingin rubbish in there. The carrots were starting to leak a syrup of some kind (eek), and the fridge was a bit mouldy (boke) so I was really put me off eating!! If you've got a minging fridge I really recommend it!

Great thread! Can tell this is going to be superhandy when the inevitable cravings start. I'm still riding on new diet high atm but that never lasts long huh.

Haha great idea with the ick fridge- ours freezes over at the back so things freeze then defrost... gets nice and messy 2.

Wonderful idea with the ick fridge - doing it in the morning. Just realised I haven't eaten vegetables in.... about 3 weeks I'd say! Shopping day tomorrow, guess what I'm buying!! hahah

I think it's too late for the panic button but I am worried that my choice this afternoon could make me think "oh what the hell, may as well have the bottle of wine tonight as well" - we were at the cinema and I only got a diet coke - no problem there but the film was so long that when I went to the loo I bought a pack of minstrels too and shared them with hubby. If I'm right then that's 14 points in one easy go!!! Unbelievable - no way I can redeem that. I am so hopeless at sticking to anything!! :(

I think it's too late for the panic button but I am worried that my choice this afternoon could make me think "oh what the hell, may as well have the bottle of wine tonight as well" - we were at the cinema and I only got a diet coke - no problem there but the film was so long that when I went to the loo I bought a pack of minstrels too and shared them with hubby. If I'm right then that's 14 points in one easy go!!! Unbelievable - no way I can redeem that. I am so hopeless at sticking to anything!! :(

That's enough of that, you are far from hopeless missus! I've already said this in the other thread, but I'll say it again here. You have NOT ruined anything. You had a wee slip up, don't get into the mindset of "it's ruined, I might as well eat more" (I know that mindset well. It's done me a lot of damage- works with spending money too... Oops I spent too much, keep spending :p)

Have something lighter for dinner tonight, be good the rest of the week, and add some exercise if you can. IF you don't get the result you hoped for at WI, you know why, and can EASILY pull it back the week after. However, after your great choices last night, I have a feeling that you will still see a decent result :)

I find resisting treats easier if I give them to my OH to hide. Normally the craving isn't worth the effort of finding the chocolate/cake/biscuits. I have been known to tear the house apart searching on occasion though.

You are both right - I am actually pretty good at not snacking on chocolate most of the time so maybe that's why it felt so bad. I am exactly like that Crooked Smile and you are right - it's not the end of the world and I have a good plan for the rest of the week. Dinner is tarragon chicken (home made low fat recipe) with loads of veg and no pasta or potatoes so I know I can pull it back by the weekend if I stick with the rest of my plan. Thanks :)

I face the difficulty of not being able to stop eating chocolate once I start and am the same with sweets. The sugar sets me off into totally craving more so I don't have it at all. I have been trying to pull together some sugar free pudding recipes though so will let you all know if I find any!

carbs have a very addictive nature... the first dose stimulates an insulin reflex, and that then makes you hungry, which makes you want mooooar.

and you get like me when you've overloaded your body with so much sugar it just continually produces insulin... so its like eternal hunger coupled with hypo attacks when you reduce your sugar intake... great fun. (insulin resistence)

I had a bad moment a few nights ago where i REALLLALALALLY wanted some of the chocolate orange egg I had in the cupboard. Went and made a cup of tea to try and forget about it which actually worked.... wow

I think, more some rediculous reason, I'm ruining my own progress :(

I started last year before christmas (8th of december to be exact) and I was nothing but motivated and good! I had Xmas day off, but then I was right back on it the day after. One stone dissapeared (from 10 stone 4 to 9 stone 4, even got down to 9 stone 1, 16 weeks into ww) and I was finally hitting the half-way mark for my target.

I then had exams and the end of my final year of my degree with my dissertation to complete, so I went off plan for a total of about 2 months, and gained 4lbs. Not too bad given the crap I was eating to get through the nights. Really struggled to get back into it all, but I did the week before my holiday, and had a single pound loss. Then I went on an all-inclusive holiday and have come back 3lb heavier. I'm now only 11lbs lighter than I was when I started this whole thing (27 weeks ago) - Which is pretty pathetic.

So I'm on my first week back from my holiday, back to pointing, and I'm struggling. Porridge in the morning use to be my core staple because it kept me full for the longest amount of time of any food I've eaten, and at 2.5 points, it makes the daily allowance 19 easier to manage. But I just don't want it. Yesterday I had crumpets instead (4 points), went out to get my haircut with my mum and ended at wagamamas at about 3.30pm for very late lunch. Instead of being sensible and having a chicken ramen at 9.5 points, i thought sod it, I'll have the katsu curry at 14 points. Even though I new this would lead me to 1 point available for dinner and I really did not fancy 0 point soup. I ended up having 4 pieces of salmon nigiri for dinner, which only totalled to 2 points.

Argh I'm just so angry at myself. And this is such a very long rant! I have my degree results coming out next friday and I'm really really nervous about it. I then have graduation a month later, and I do really want to be back to my lowest weight (9 stone 1lb) by then. But I feel it's all impossible, and when sat there with a choice of crumpets or porridge, I also feel like it doesn't matter :(.

Edit 1 - The reason I went off plan was because I struggling concentrating on work because my brain was obsessed with points.

Edit 2 - I've finally introduced exercise into my week in order to generate more points for myself, zumba twice a week gains me 12, but I find that it's still not enough!

What ww program are you doing! I was confused between dailys and .5 point food as there are no half points in pro points! It's hard for the first few days getting back into it but when you do you will be flying! Try and stay strong and think about what motivates you! You are more than welcome to join my pro points diary! I have loads of Girlies there who are great at supporting each other!! Xxxx

http://www.minimins.com/members/50734-laurenasha.htmlHi Laurenasha, I'm still doing the Discover plan. So I get 19 points a day, and I have to consume at least 16 a day and you can can save the remaining points for another day of the week. Once you hit weigh-in you lose all save points.

I have to say I've seen people singing about propoints, it's just the more complex calculations that puts me off (I've got pretty good at working out discover points in my head with just calories and sat fat), in addition to already knowing most of the discover points off by heart. Maybe I should give discover a couple of weeks, and if it doesnt work, try propoints? The reason I'm thinking that is that clearly discover won't be manageable for me once I've hit goal, and I'm more likely to re-gain...

I am the one singing pro points praises lol. You should def give it a go! I was used to discovery too but now I'm pro all the way lol xxx

WW meetings are doing a selection box of chocolate treats for £1.95 - only 2 points.
Definitely going to help with my chocolate cravings.
Going to have to get my girlfriend to hide the box after I've had one though ahaha

My own mother has brought doughnuts into the house! Sainsbury's bakery, 4 in a pack, covered in pretty pink icing and hundreds and thousands. Not only that, but there are 2 packs of 4 doughnuts!!

There is no nutritional information so I couldn't point them even if I buckled and gave in!

ARGHGHGHHHH (this isn't helped by the fact I do the discover plan, I was over the past two days, and I've currently managed to pull it all back so I'm even across all 3 days, so by eating one I'd break my hard work =/)

ARgh!

Im subscribing to this thread as I feel I may need it at some point ! Lol x

xkimmyx
10lbs gone - 75lbs to go :D
xSoon2bLilMrsSlimx

I know I'm gonna need this thread someday lol...

This is such a great idea! But hasnt been used in a month?

Back